• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 Season: Week 2 Thread - This Must be the Place

bruin

Home, is where I want to be
But I guess I'm already there
I come home, she lifted up her wings
Guess that this must be the place
I can't tell one from another

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. We move on to Week 2 with College Gameday heading to Austin for Texas welcoming the #1 ranked Alabama Crimson Tide. No Thursday games because of opening night for THE SHIELD. The US Open is onto the Quarters and the Dodgers are on pace for the most wins in Franchise history. Discovered this gem from The Talking Heads blasted at 1 AM listening to the waves on a beach in San Juan Capistrano earlier this year. Felt right for the main jam for Week 2. Welcome back CFB. This is the place.

Notable matchups:

#1 Alabama at #22 Texas, 9:00 AM PT - FOX
South Carolina at #17 Arkansas, 9:00 AM PT - ESPN
Tennessee at #14 Pitt, 12:30 ABC PT - ABC
Washington State at #18 Wisconsin, 12:30 PT - FOX
Houston at Texas Tech, 1:00 PT- FS1
Alabama State at UCLA, 2:00 PT - PAC-12 NET
#20 Kentucky at #19 Florida, 4:00 PT - ESPN
Arizona State at #10 Oklahoma State, 4:30 - ESPN2
#12 USC at Stanford, 4:30 PT - ABC
#8Baylor at #25 BYU, 7:15 PT - ESPN
Oregon State at Fresno State, 7:30 PT - CBSSports Net
Mississippi State at Arizona, 8 PT - FS1

Note (with the rankings coming out Tuesday morning I'll edit them into the post

texas-spring-game.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

2011-November-12-14-38-44.jpg

s-l500.jpg

AAMU-10-of-13.jpg

yak4GCw8_400x400.jpg

Last edited:

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Awww yeah the Johnny Majors bowl this week. One of the true greats of college football. Hope the Vols can pull it out this year. They should have beaten Pitt last year.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Bruins open up as 50.5 favorites over Alabama State.

This feels dangerous. Considering Jackson State (best SWAC team) just put FAMU in a dumpster, and BAMA State only beat something called MILES by 8 (@Brick) I would imagine UCLA could easily clear this, but they may be down to their 3rd string players by the 3rd quarter so who knows.

The worst part of Kelly at Notre Dame was that he was good enough to create the appearance of having a winning team, but deep down you knew his teams were going to get wrecked when the chips were down. On top of that, he was a prick. Being a prick and being a loser is a bad combination. Even though I hardly follow @Ready2Roll these days, it's nice not having to pretend that the head corch isn't a total horse's ass.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Sports Media: Won't these super conferences think of the players????!??!!?

Also Sports Media: NIL WILL BE THE DEATH OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!1!!!ONE

Bruce Wayne

That first game is a tough one. I guess I will root for BYU since the racial slur hoax seemed to tarnish their reputation more than the actual rapes at Baylor.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Everybody knows we don't see all of reality. I say we see none of it.