• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022: The Offseason Thread - The Breakup Song

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Oh, apparently Hudson Card was named the starter because he outperformed Ewers in camp but Longhorn boosters stepped in and demanded Ewers be the starter, LMAO. If true, that is quintessential Texas.
“How this came down today was odd. Texas brought three players to interviews. Then, just out of the blue, Texas SID John Bianco said he had a message from Sark. Quinn Ewers is the starter. You could’ve hear a pin drop. Wow.” - Brian Davis

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I haven’t been paying attention to be honest but I would be surprised if they try to quash the move if it’s going to make as much money for UCLA as they say. It’s not as if all the UCs are in the same conference or something anyway

Are the UCs supposed to share monies with each other? I don't really understand what the State of California would lose by Juicy joining the B1G. I mean, they can pack 25,000 into the Rose Bowl for a game against Illinois the same way they pack 25,000 for a game against Colorado.

bruin

Cal is hilariously trying to get some cut out of UCLA leaving. Every other UC could care less. Basically Berkeley is making a big stink out of this.
Also if say the regents tried to pull something it’s be hell on them.
Cliffnotes:

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This manti teo doc is cray. Forgot all about it. Poor guy. He was just gullible. That dude catfished the fuck out of him.

At the risk of offending Jimmer, knowing this dude was Mormon makes the gullibility not remotely surprising in retrospect.

Naya is a fucking psychopath though.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Yeah it's not that surprising when you think about him being a sheltered ultra religious dude who grew up on a small island his entire life and was basically in the public eye since middle school. Probably had little experience with girls or even generally what a normal relationship was like.

Also that was kinda the beginning of "you really think someone would do that, just go on the internet and tell lies?", catfishing and trolling and scamming was not as mainstream as it is now. Of course he should've still known, but it wasn't as ingrained in everyone's minds back then.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Yeah it's not that surprising when you think about him being a sheltered ultra religious dude who grew up on a small island his entire life and was basically in the public eye since middle school. Probably had little experience with girls or even generally what a normal relationship was like.

Also that was kinda the beginning of "you really think someone would do that, just go on the internet and tell lies?", catfishing and trolling and scamming was not as mainstream as it is now. Of course he should've still known, but it wasn't as ingrained in everyone's minds back then.

I honestly had never heard the term "catfishing" until the Manti Te'o story, and even the concept of it seemed very odd to me because I would think, "how long could ANYONE fall for it if they never got to meet this person face-to-face?"

Well, apparently Manti did, as apparently many others do. I kind of felt bad for him as I watched the doc - he seemed uniquely vulnerable to such a thing, coming from Hawaii to an utterly different environment and culture, where he was basically all alone. And yeah, coming from a very religious family and background probably didn't put him in much contact with shady and duplicitous people (lol, but religion, you say).

At some point, I thought, if this fool had gone to USC like he was supposed to, none of this shit would have happened. He'd have met some co-ed hottie, Samoan or not, and had a normal USC football player's experience.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Cal is hilariously trying to get some cut out of UCLA leaving. Every other UC could care less. Basically Berkeley is making a big stink out of this.
Also if say the regents tried to pull something it’s be hell on them.
Cliffnotes:

You didn't know that UCLA was also financially responsible for Cal's floundering athletic department?