• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022: The World Cup Thread

Snorky's Shame

It’s absolutely wild that the last knockout stage games Italy and Germany have played they won the World Cup.

The issue is that it was 2006 and 2014 respectively.

Italy, technically speaking, has only lost one knockout stage game in the World Cup since Mexico 1986. In fact, they’ve only lost two knockout stage game in 90 minutes in their World Cup history. Both in Mexico City.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
It's easy because Tennessee isn't playing Alabama every day this week
As if there weren’t 100 amazing cfb games this season.

We go through this every four years when I try to watch it again, but anytime anything exciting happens, like a forward getting a breakaway, it’s offsides. I just can’t get into it. It’s boring af. I believe my exact words were I just can’t man. Y’all enjoy though.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
It seems Japan learned from their 2018 match against Belgium, they did a great job of closing out the games vs Germany and Spain. Dunno what they did against Costa Rica though lol

Spain are probably feeling meh about this result, it's arguably the 'easier' side of the bracket since you get Morocco then maybe the winner of Portugal/Switzerland/Serbia instead of Croatia and Brazil, but if that's their full effort they'll get stomped by Morocco

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
None of those cfb games are at 9am or 1pm CHENANGO time this week. I'd watch cfb over soccer but we don't have any during the world cup games rn

NML

Yeah @Southpaw, noted big ten fan. That said, I fail to see how anyone could watch a game like tennessee Alabama this year and then watch this garbage sport.

tenn/alabama game took like 4.5 hours and they actually played for like 10 minutes. i enjoy both but i cant help but laugh at people that say soccer is boring but then spend all day saturday and sunday watching commercials. its the same thing with people complaining about var. literally every touchdown is also reviewed haha. you can even have touchdowns come back for penalties that had no impact on that play.

anyways the third match days have been great. usa with the hardest knockout path possible (netherlands, argentina, brazil, france/spain/england) so hopefully dutch just put us out of our misery early

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Yeah football is a million times more unwatchable than soccer.

I'm not a huge fan of either sport but I can barely make it through one football game a weekend because 90% of the game is ads and I'm invariably extremely tuned out by the end because there is no flow. Two soccer games in a day isn't even that hard because there's only 1 break and the games are always under 2 hours. VAR is a huge step in the wrong direction though.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Football refs also love to throw flags for blocks in the back that had zero impact on the play and were marginal at best. If I'm a ref you have to absolutely murder someone for me to throw a flag and ruin some awesome kick return TD. I want to hear bones cracking.

Brick

sick goal by south korea. i'll leave u chuds to FIRST TAKE about the entertainment of soccer but goals like that pwn. soccer has gr8 single moments.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
here we go! It does feel like of any Serbian players that Mitrovic is not the one to pick out for a fight

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
As if there weren’t 100 amazing cfb games this season.

We go through this every four years when I try to watch it again, but anytime anything exciting happens, like a forward getting a breakaway, it’s offsides. I just can’t get into it. It’s boring af. I believe my exact words were I just can’t man. Y’all enjoy though.

UGA, Michigan, OSU, Bama playoff with another SYSTEM QB winning the Heisman. Sounds like another enthralling year for college football

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Worth starting in the knockout at forward

No. Personally, I'd slide Weah into the centre forward slot and put Gio Renya into the attacking midfield but Renya must have murdered Greggggggg puppy since he hasn't seen the field at this point.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Not being American and having no vested interest, I would like to point out that the Dutch are notorious for clusterfucking themselves. Good chance they take this early lead and turn it into a loss.