• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2024: The Offseason Thread

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
no idea who that is i assume a young CROOT CORCH
:nebraskaman: TWATTER CORCH

Holy shit, the candidates for UCLA have been so bad outside of Fleck and JEDD lol. A bunch of NO NAMES and Fleck just said no, thanks while JEDD would be leaving weeks after getting the UDUB jerb and would definitely just leave for Florida next year.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
wait how did I miss this Chip Kelly is now an OC...for a different college team? lol

Mame YO

slings rocks
Hopefully he will stubbornly run it right up the middle over and over and keep his losing streak as a visiting corch at Autzen alive but I will admit that I am a bit worried.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I mean shit. They can’t feel good about joining a brand new conference with a guy who has never been anything other than a position corch.

Brick

damn, he is 44? making me feel old.

I have no idea how he will pan out but hoping he does well. unless the coach is a dickbag I hate when schools hire alums and if they don't do well their legacy gets trashed by a bunch of dickheads. especially in this case since he is a first time HC and doesn't have OC/DC experience.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
damn, he is 44? making me feel old.

I have no idea how he will pan out but hoping he does well. unless the coach is a dickbag I hate when schools hire alums and if they don't do well their legacy gets trashed by a bunch of dickheads. especially in this case since he is a first time HC and doesn't have OC/DC experience.
I guess the question is how much staff continuity there could be, particularly after the 2024 season? I always wonder how many qualified hires guys who have never been anything other than position coaches can really make.

The B1G money will help, though.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I guess the question is how much staff continuity there could be, particularly after the 2024 season? I always wonder how many qualified hires guys who have never been anything other than position coaches can really make.

The B1G money will help, though.

Maybe Karl Dorrell can help. He ain't doing much these days, I think.

bruin

Sounds like it came down to DeShaun Foster and Tony White. Personally, I’m pleased with the hire. Growing up in Orange County, DeShaun is a SoCal legend with stuff of legend at Tustin High.

The coordinator hires will be significant for Foster as mentioned he has no coordinator experience. The Southern California recruiting that was non existent under CHIP will take on a big resurgence. All things considered with the timing of Chip walking away this probably the best the AD could do.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Sounds like it came down to DeShaun Foster and Tony White. Personally, I’m pleased with the hire. Growing up in Orange County, DeShaun is a SoCal legend with stuff of legend at Tustin High.

The coordinator hires will be significant for Foster as mentioned he has no coordinator experience. The Southern California recruiting that was non existent under CHIP will take on a big resurgence. All things considered with the timing of Chip walking away this probably the best the AD could do.
You guys are just better off without Chip regardless. Sure he won 8 game consistently or whatever but when his heart is clearly not in it he'll set the program back more than anything.

Just got to find a way to get butts in the seats and not be afraid to spend on assistants.

bruin

DeShaun has already accomplished more through donors and alumni with NIL than Chip ever did in 24 hours. Say what you want, but this shit matters. Former Bruin players like Skip Hicks, Danny Farmer and Pat Cowan being in attendance yesterday got me in the feels.

It wasn’t the SPLASH hire, but the program is buzzing right now. It’s all you can ask for as a fan (and donor).

Brick

DeShaun has already accomplished more through donors and alumni with NIL than Chip ever did in 24 hours. Say what you want, but this shit matters. Former Bruin players like Skip Hicks, Danny Farmer and Pat Cowan being in attendance yesterday got me in the feels.

It wasn’t the SPLASH hire, but the program is buzzing right now. It’s all you can ask for as a fan (and donor).
please not u

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

Lmbo

Mame YO

slings rocks
I still like chip. I believe he is an elite offensive mind and I have already expressed concern about what his hire over at tOSU means for ma’ducks. That said, empirically, we know that Xs and Os only get you so far in college football - you need the Jims and Joes. Kelly wasn’t delivering that for UCLA and I get it. Him moving on makes sense for both parties. If the new guy can bring excitement to the program and that translates to an increased talent profile, it just comes down to whether he can coach. He’s unproven, obviously, but a perennial 8 win team has to take a chance somewhere imo.

@Brick is the only hardcore college football fan on the planet that thinks talent doesn’t matter and it’s sad tbh.

Brick

how did he last this long. dude probably made 9 figures to LITRULLY do the worst job possible.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I'm a bit confused. I thought they already had the playoff format decided for the next two years, now they're changing it?

why 5 conferences lol

Mame YO

slings rocks
Ok I’m less confused (I think).

Top 4 conference champs (so B1G/SEC/ACC/BIG12) get the top 4 seeds and the bye. The 5th conference champion doesn’t get a bye, they just get guaranteed inclusion. Crucially, they don’t get the 5 seed either. So a #20 liberty or whatever would be included as the 12 seed.

This means that the highest rated non-champ (5 seed) gets a home game against the highest rated G5 champ. That isn’t a bye but it’ll be pretty close most years lol.