• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 Off-Season Thread (GET YOUR ST ROSTERS READY)

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Perkins is a fleece when you consider Reaper's value.

Take some time @Rutgers Mike, shop the Reaper, and get some prospects out of the deal. Put him on the auction thread and on the spreadsheet. You'll get better offers.
Well, I am taking $16M in payroll and getting him into the green. If Reaper could stay healthy I would agree, but Perkins is a solid player. That's just an opening off though based on what he asked for. I am happy to negotiate.

Wolfman21

so what was the reason we didn't sim halfway through spring training again? This sim seems like the most useless sim we've ever had.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
so what was the reason we didn't sim halfway through spring training again? This sim seems like the most useless sim we've ever had.
People complained,that was the reason. I will never go through a longer SIM without having everybody ready, especially ST. This is just one of the very few things about being in a league with 15 other people you have to deal with, I think we've talked about this before

osick87

Community Liaison
Nobody @'d me. Sorry Reel. Now I will for sure find 13 bargain bin FAs for you to fill your team up with

Wolfman21

So one of the IFA SP's I signed has 50 potential stuff per OSA and 60 potential stuff per my scout...however his velocity is 87-89 with a 35/35 fastball. How can anyone have 50 or 60 potential stuff with that shitty of a fastball? Per my scout, he has one 60 potential pitch with a 50 thrown in. Has anyone ever seen a fastball be able to improve that much?

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
So one of the IFA SP's I signed has 50 potential stuff per OSA and 60 potential stuff per my scout...however his velocity is 87-89 with a 35/35 fastball. How can anyone have 50 or 60 potential stuff with that shitty of a fastball? Per my scout, he has one 60 potential pitch with a 50 thrown in. Has anyone ever seen a fastball be able to improve that much?
Who is this guy you speak of? Javier Gonzalez?

Wolfman21

yea, come on Carl, that guy has a sinker and a cutter and throws 92-94. This prospect just interests me because hes either gonna grow a decent fastball and boom or hes gonna bust. I've just never seen a guy with a couple decent pitches and a shit fastball that wasn't a knuckleballer.

osick87

Community Liaison
He could be like Zito.

Also I'm going to start calling DLS suitcase. At this rate, he's going to play on every team twice.

Lloyd Carr

I really like this addition.

He's got solid infield defensive ratings, so hopefully he can pick up on 1B in ST. If not, oh well, it was an 8th round pick. I've got plenty of budget space for his salary, so that's not really an issue to me.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
He's a legit amazing RF defensively. Last year a little down but IMO you have to play him in RF for him to have his value. He was still a 5 WAR player for me. I think his con

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
He has a consolidation year and ends up 2.5-3.5 in WAR. Great pickup if you can afford it. Great job to unload him by NML too. Note: getting used to tapatalk on my iPad.

NML

Yeah I think he'll do well for buffalo. I wouldn't have minded keeping him, but the difference between him and Trail wasn't worth his salary. Opened me up to grab my #5 from Berlin and hopefully another move or two.

Lloyd Carr

I am pumped that I got DLS, and didn't have to really give anything up for him. I like his bat, and I like how he gives me some additional options.

If he can handle part-time 1B/RF duties, and still hits the ball, cot damn I'm excited.