• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2045 WBL Season Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
What? A Jr in HS would stay in HS if not signed
lulz

I'm shutting it down rest of the year. Main focus is setting up my rotation to have it go Torres/Punchy/??/Torres/?? in the first round and have everyone fresh.

doh

I don't think I am going to shut Buffalo down. They can rest in November.
Yeah I've got some injury candidates like McHeshi I need to protect/I've rode some guys hard this year that aren't having good Septembers so far.

It'd be interesting to see how much lack of rest plays into end of the year. If fatigue is really in the game. I think it is with catcher's who catch 140+ games having their careers just fall off a cliff at an earlier age.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah I've got some injury candidates like McHeshi I need to protect/I've rode some guys hard this year that aren't having good Septembers so far.

It'd be interesting to see how much lack of rest plays into end of the year. If fatigue is really in the game. I think it is with catcher's who catch 140+ games having their careers just fall off a cliff at an earlier age.

We'll see what happens with Rojas, I'm going to push him hard until he dies

doh

Vis died. Not that he was "great" but he was pretty good and this year has been absolute crap. Pottenger fell of a cliff too but at a much later age.

Wolfman21

Vis is not too terribly far off of his career numbers. Career .252 hitter and batting .221 this season. Career OBP of .369 and hes at .330 this year. Career .803 OPS and hes at .710 this year. I wouldn't call that "absolute crap" when comparing to his average numbers.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Vis died. Not that he was "great" but he was pretty good and this year has been absolute crap. Pottenger fell of a cliff too but at a much later age.

His ratings didn't though, he still has the potential to get back to .260 at least. Too early to say that usage was his downfall IMO

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Vis is not too terribly far off of his career numbers. Career .252 hitter and batting .221 this season. Career OBP of .369 and hes at .330 this year. Career .803 OPS and hes at .710 this year. I wouldn't call that "absolute crap" when comparing to his average numbers.
wat

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Harris is a second half hitter most years, so if I rested him at the end of the year I would miss some of his best runs.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah OPS down 100 points is fairly significant especially the drop from above average to below average.

Vis' BABIP is down to .250 but his ISO is down which IMO is a huge sign of decline.
He is fragile, so I would rest him often during the season. Some guys just have down years though. Doesn't mean their career is over. Harris and Padilla had pretty meh years last year and this year they are back at it. Vis is only 28.

Wolfman21

im just saying, a guy that is a .250 hitter going down to .221 is not exactly falling off the map. Two years ago he had a very similar season for Istanbul then last year he bounced back with an .800+ OPS season. But hey, get rid of him. I'll be more than happy to sign him off the scrap heap.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That was 1/3 of a season with Istanbul.

Edit: I guess you are talking about 2043. Slugging was down that year, but everything else was not. All Vis' numbers are down this year, so I understand doh's concern. I wouldnt give up on him though.

Wolfman21

The season where he played 144 games for Istanbul and finished with an OPS of .759? Pretty sure thats a full season.

2043 - .242/.368/.391.......759 OPS
2045 - .221/.330/.379.......710 OPS

Still positive WAR years. Still positive VORP years. Like I said....if he is playing so terribly for you, and hes as on the decline as you say he is, I'll give you a 5th round pick for him so that you can save the budget room and get something out of him.

edit: we do agree that doh shouldn't give up on him though.

Last edited:

doh

The season where he played 144 games for Istanbul and finished with an OPS of .759? Pretty sure thats a full season.

2043 - .242/.368/.391.......759 OPS
2045 - .221/.330/.379.......710 OPS

Still positive WAR years. Still positive VORP years. Like I said....if he is playing so terribly for you, and hes as on the decline as you say he is, I'll give you a 5th round pick for him so that you can save the budget room and get something out of him.
Huh? When'd I say I wanted to get rid of him?

As for the fragile... I've been playing Pottenger a ton since I got him and will try him as the starter in the playoffs I think. Not sure. The main reason I'm disappointed in Vis is his walk rate has gone down a lot and my team needed walks badly.

osick87

Community Liaison
His ISO seems to alternate each year . Last years' was super high because he had less ABs. His XBHs are consistent every year. HRs vary slightly doe.

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=142x@}Year/Team/League{/td}
{td=46x@}AB{/td}
{td=46x@}H{/td}
{td=46x@}2B{/td}
{td=46x@}3B{/td}
{td=46x@}HR{/td}
{td=46x@}AVG{/td}
{td=46x@}OBP{/td}
{td=46x@}SLG{/td}
{td=46x@}OPS{/td}
{td=46x@}WAR{/td}
{td=86x@}ISO{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2040 Amsterdam - WBL{/td}
{td}475{/td}
{td}133{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}0.280{/td}
{td}0.399{/td}
{td}0.478{/td}
{td}0.877{/td}
{td}4.3{/td}
{td}0.198{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2041 Amsterdam - WBL{/td}
{td}490{/td}
{td}132{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td}0.269{/td}
{td}0.384{/td}
{td}0.435{/td}
{td}0.818{/td}
{td}2.6{/td}
{td}0.165{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2042 Total - WBL{/td}
{td}410{/td}
{td}101{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}0.246{/td}
{td}0.355{/td}
{td}0.471{/td}
{td}0.825{/td}
{td}2.1{/td}
{td}0.224{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2043 Istanbul - WBL{/td}
{td}488{/td}
{td}118{/td}
{td}32{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}11{/td}
{td}0.242{/td}
{td}0.368{/td}
{td}0.391{/td}
{td}0.759{/td}
{td}2.2{/td}
{td}0.150{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2044 Istanbul - WBL{/td}
{td}307{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}13{/td}
{td}0.244{/td}
{td}0.372{/td}
{td}0.446{/td}
{td}0.818{/td}
{td}1.6{/td}
{td}0.202{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2045 Las Vegas - WBL{/td}
{td}393{/td}
{td}87{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}0.221{/td}
{td}0.330{/td}
{td}0.379{/td}
{td}0.710{/td}
{td}0.8{/td}
{td}0.158{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Wolfman21

Didn't say you wanted to. Just got caught up in the comparisons of numbers and was trying to make a stupid point. Don't really know how this debate over Gabel Vis got to this point. lol

Wolfman21

Alright @Lloyd Carr, I'm using your method. Just checked the exports screen and its saying I exported. If my export tonight doesn't take, I'M CALLING YOU OUT!

j/k...ill be in the corner crying after losing a series to New Zealand

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Remember when people thought I was nuts for picking Yankee to make the playoffs?

I really don't know why anyone thought he wouldn't. His team was primed for a breakout year after last year being their "get used to the majors" season

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
His offense was really good last year. Picking up Herc and some experience for those pitchers made that team legit.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Its such a Yankee team, nothing but Power. I worry about the rotations of the 3 NL playoff teams though, we can get shredded easy

Wolfman21

Man Kabul could have had it almost locked up if they didn't go 1-2 against NZ

LOL....figures. Oh well. I thought I would need to get to 90 wins to secure a spot and while its not likely i'll need 90...90 would clinch it. Heres to winning 5 of my last 7.

I must say, I was thinking Buenos Aires would get swept by Buffalo, not Australia. Good work @NML. I'm really hoping those losses to NZ don't come back to haunt me this week. @osick87 finishes up with Key West and Baton Rouge....which could be a 7-0 week. If I lose a couple games, this could be tight. What's the first tiebreaker? Of its head to head, that would be nice

Last edited:

Lloyd Carr

Were we going to live sim the games for this week?

Just curious since I've got an injury to a MR and I was going to sign a guy from FA and try to plug him in for a game or two this week to get him ready for the playoffs. So if we live sim, that might give me the time to see if he'll sign a contract and let me get him in the bullpen before the playoffs start.

Wolfman21

I feel like my team is in the best shape its been all season. I have 3 legit starters in Schulz, Homicide and Peppers...back end of the bullpen is pitching well. Geeves is KILLING the ball as well as having Prophet back who knocked in 10 runs last week in his return. Can't wait to hopefully make the Kabul organization's playoff debut.

NML

All Whites are all set... hopefully setting up my rotation for the playoffs doesn't result in an 0-7 and we drop out.

Losing Farias last week is a tough blow. Paco is resting this week just in case.

doh

I'll be around tonight but not tomorrow if it's possible to start the playoffs tonight. Probably not since it's a Saturday.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It will be possible to set your rosters for the first two games, but I doubt we can get the playoffs going tonight since we have 7 other teams that will need to export.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
we're also only live simming the last week if it is a close race in the last 3 games, I'll sim at 9 and we can see what happens regarding the playoffs