• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 17

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
From the beta, it plays significantly different than 16. Of course, I'm talking about "significant" from a year to year basis as compared to what we normally see - I would say that 15-16 was a significant, but BAD, change. 16-17 seems to be a significant but GOOD change.

I hated the way 16 played. Seemed way too arcadey/ping-pong-y. I played nearly a dozen games on 17 online and off and that was significantly toned down.

chibob

Just played a couple games on the domo.

First one was on semi pro because that was the default difficulty - won 3-0 against Real Madrid, and it was far too easy. Sprinting is back in a big way, one of my goals was literally a solo run from Luke Shaw just subtle changing direction and then smashing it in the bottom corner. The other two were better worked, a well timed through ball to Zlatan who finished it near post (keeper shouldve really saved it) and the other was a Rooney curling effort for the far post. All three did seem easy, maybe related to the difficulty. In past games iv found that the keepers remain pretty even regardless of setting. Cech still plays like Cech regardless of level of difficulty but maybe thats all changed.

Played my second game on Legendary and lost on penalties after it being 1-1 for much of the game. I scored on my first attack and was very concerned but then the computer got on the ball more and they worked it well. The AI still seems to have a problem when you dont apply loads of pressure. The typical FIFA player will hold down the sprint and pressure button and also the call second man button and pray when bumble the ball back. If you defend properly and force an errant pass or close down with one player by closing down options (marking up) then the AI kinda doesnt know what to do, they kept clearing the ball when they had the opportunity to play it out sensibly.

Im kinda in two minds on the new set pieces over haul. Corners and free-kick crosses are going to be loads of fun on clubs! Especially corners! I saw some really good jostling animation too. With the new frost bite engine I feel like theyve added a lot of weight to the players, so strength and speed seem to be really key and I know some people won't like that but thats realism. The target man is back in a big way, I played games with Rashford up front and also with Zlatan up front, and the ways in which both held up the ball was great, felt a lot more genuine than in past years where you'd want a Remy, or Lacazette just to sprint onto everything.

My only gripes so far are that the penalty system seems awful.
Passing seems OP, I was R1+X passing around like Barce and every touch was immaculate.
Shooting seems a bit clunky but mightve been how I had my players set when I shot, body positioning has always been important but maybe theyve over hauled it more this year.
Im undecided on tackling - slide tackling seems much better but the standing tackle seems to strong

NML

The idea of a target man being successful gives me a chub. Especially online. L2 the sprinting pubers and lay off to the wingers making a run in behind

fapfapfapfap

chibob

AI needs some work. Still too easy.

Also either keeper need to be improved or the through ball needs to be nerfed.

chibob

The through ball has needed to be nerfed since like 2008.

Agreed, but goalies were better at getting off their lines last year. So far iv been able to play through balls inside the box for tap ins with a goalie glued to his line

Soonerfan09

I legit can't find it lol. I've tried Search, Games, For You, almost all the tabs. Anything I find for Fifa 17 is a pre-order for the Standard Edition, Deluxe Edition, or Super Special Elite Standard Edition.

Soonerfan09

Maybe it's UK only right now

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Has to be. I finally found a demo tab under Free -> Free Demos (a tiny link at the top), but it just has a bunch of games with prices. I'm assuming you have to click on a game and it will bring up the demo, but Fifa 17 wasn't on there. '16, '15, and I think '14 were, however.
I was under the impression that other PS4 users had it aside from chibob, but looking back, no one else has said that they have it, so that makes sense.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
literally search FIFA 17 demo

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
https://www.easports.com/fifa/fifa-17-demo

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...550_00-FIFA2017DEMOGAME?emcid=EAFranchise2016

There is that if it helps.

I played the PC demo last night a couple of games. 0-0 Chelsea vs Seattle and 3-0 MU vs City. I played on Pro. Feels a lot like 16, but at the same time a lot different. A couple of nice things.
  • Playing at Man U, Ibra was 'boxing out' so to say for position at the top of the box, waving for the ball. I was able to feed him and then hit Pogba running down the lane for a nice goal.
  • The tethered through ball or whatever seems cool but I can see that being op quickly.
  • Free kicks were weird but I'm sure over time they will be fine. On the outside it seems like a better way to do it.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I was just about to pull up the same lank. fucking millennials

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I've had to do it for the past few demos/betas on PS4. That's why I search for the full term on the PS store, and then procedurally, I look in other places I know I can find it. Remarkable! In any event, now you know.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The idea of a target man being successful gives me a chub. Especially online. L2 the sprinting pubers and lay off to the wingers making a run in behind

fapfapfapfap
Leroy to Hercules and vice versa could be reborn but you ain't got a ps4

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
1) ugh 5 man back lines
2) this shit at 1:40 is egregious as hell. Wide open for the layoff, Leroy just bludgeoning his way into the goal

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
1) ugh 5 man back lines
2) this shit at 1:40 is egregious as hell. Wide open for the layoff, Leroy just bludgeoning his way into the goal
egregiously scoring was Leroy's way. if he passed it probably would have been too hard and out of bounds.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
here is a video i found of Yankee also being egregious, look at this shot he takes with 2 guys wide open

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
326.gif

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Ok, let's get this going early. Everyone talk about how they want to play CDM or "wherever they're needed," then whatever position you pick, play like you're a CAM or Striker anyway, and then get butthurt when people are annoyed with you, then act petulant and sign off early, or if you're Yankee your controller or headset breaks

NML

Ok, let's get this going early. Everyone talk about how they want to play CDM or "wherever they're needed," then whatever position you pick, play like you're a CAM or Striker anyway, and then get butthurt when people are annoyed with you, then act petulant and sign off early, or if you're Yankee your controller or headset breaks

From two years ago:

Everyone wants to be a humble CDM before they log in and decide they are the solution to our scoring troubles (which is everyone who isn't Milo unless Milo has had whiskey) in which they then change to a striker or CAM. CAM is probably the most popular, had it queued up, lag, etc.