• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TROG

chibob

Also this is the best time to actually use the transfer list because players are more likely to build budget squads atm

chibob

Chibob, I honestly think Gold packs are generally a losing proposition, especially later in the year Most gold packs will have negative value, so you are relying on luck. As the year goes on and the rare gold players become worth less (mertersaker will be like $700 coins by December) then the packs are an even worse deal.

Thats why im selling him now, Im selling now so I can use the transfer market to get my players in the future and not packs.

For the time being packs are the best economy.

Players will dip in value. For the time being shit players are more wanted since the supply is low.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
If you play games with the EASFC coin boosts unlocked (extra 1,000 coins per game) then it will literally only take you 5 games to get 7,500 coins (you should get 1,500 coins per game). Just remember to unlock them one at a time because they don't add to each other.

I think I've only played 20 games total in FUT and I've earned 38k coins just from playing. That's from the coins you earn from the game, the 1,000 coin EASFC game bonuses, and then additional bonuses for winning a season online and a season offline and an offline tourney.
Ill look for these when I get on later. Thanks for the pro tip.

chibob

For instance Leroy Fer is worth 4,600 atm - hell be worth like 900 come December.

So for now ill take advantage of all the trogs trying to build a squad of rare golds.

This is what I did last year and I had half a team of TOTY

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I actually really like bronze squads/packs for making profit by playing matches and then selling the good stuff... You play games with the bronze squad and when they need fitness or contracts, you buy a bronze pack and then sell all the other shit. If you use the contracts on your own players the $400 coin cost of the pack more than pays for itself because you don't have to buy contracts. Then occasionally you get a super sought after player or a squad fitness card and those make a tidy profit.

chibob

I know what youre saying.

Probably be a good move to combine both of our strategies.

But playing with Bronze teams can be frustrating when you come up against someone whose spend 100 squigglies on fifa points

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The easiest way to make money in this mode is to invest in IF cards. But you have to get enough coins to start investing. I hit it lucky this year, obviously, but if you can invest in even a single in-form player in the first few weeks then you can easily make 25-50% profit by just waiting a few weeks to sell.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Got the shit kicked out of me by a dude with a 4-3-3 featuring Messi, Robben, Bale, and Iniesta, among other. HMMMMMM

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I just lost my first FUT game in the most ridiculous manner.

I need to figure out how to upload whole matches

As soon as the game ends hold share button, then press square, that saves final 15 minute which is usually the whole game

sayo

YEET
The easiest way to make money in this mode is to invest in IF cards. But you have to get enough coins to start investing. I hit it lucky this year, obviously, but if you can invest in even a single in-form player in the first few weeks then you can easily make 25-50% profit by just waiting a few weeks to sell.
How are you investing in IF guys? By opening packs or buying them off the market?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Buying them off the market, the odds of getting them in a pack are really low (I've gotten one ever). Basically you buy the guys from this week's team when you can get them for the best value, and that's when they are still in packs, but after people are already getting bored of them and ready for the next TOTW. That's usually sometime between Monday and Wednesday in the evenings US time the week after their released (so you should be looking at players from TOTW2 now) Don't buy stuff in the mornings US time because it is like 5-10% more expensive than it will be later in the day.

Anyway, pick an IF guy and look him up on FUTbin.com to see his price trend. If he's already trending upward, it is time to pick him up (in the late afternoon/evening) for the lowest price you can. You can usually pick a player up on an open bid relatively quickly for 90-95% of their lowest Buy it now listing. Don't fret too much about paying a few hundred more than your target value, you are buying at a relative low point in that player's cycle. Now you will hold him for 3-4 weeks as his price rises due to supply and command. The only reason to sell him before 3 weeks time is if he goes up rapidly in price due to price fixing or if you are afraid he will get a second in form card (usually they try to wait at least a few weeks between IFs for the same player, so unless he does something amazing like score 6 goals you don't have to worry about this).

I like to buy players that either fit nicely in hybrid squads (Argentinians or Brazilians in popular leagues, for example), players that have puber enticing stats, players that have a position change on their IF card, or good players in popular leagues who are going for near discard value (123 x their overall). If you pick them up for near discard value you literally can't lose on them. You can expect to gain a minimum of 25-50% return on your investment in 2-3 weeks for these first few rounds of in forms. As the year goes on, you can expect a steady 25% return after 4 weeks. What I like to do is invest in several each week, and after a month or so it creates a cycle of "maturing" players who are ready to sell so I can re-invest the coins in the next TOTW. This also keeps the game fresh as I like to build squads around the players I pick up.

So here are a few examples of players I'd recommend from Week 2:
Gignac - Good striker in good league going for around 10k (just over discard value). Build a team around him and enjoy playing with him for a few weeks while his value increases to 15-20k

Papy Mison Djilobodji - Beast of a CB with awesome stats in Ligue1 with potential African hybrid possibilies. Pubers will love his size/strength combo and I'm sure he'll get some positive reviews. He's also available for just over discard value (about 10k). He'll fit in that same Ligue1 team you build for Gignac and you can have fun bossing pubers around and I'd almost guarantee he'll end up well over 20k due to his size/strenght combo

FAT RONNY - He's probably too expensive for most of you, but this is the eventual goal. s a Brazilian silver in-form and they are always popular. His price is still fluctuating a little, but if you can grab him for under 70k (75k is current lowest BIN) then you'll probably have a great deal. In addition to being the always popular Brazilian silver, he plays in the Bundesliga which is a good league for silver teams. The secret here is that while pubers might not fall in love with his 66 pace, he does have 99 shot power in this in-form card. With long shots feasible again, he'll be a popular player. I'd expect him to be worth over 100k in a few weeks.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Travis are you on xbox? Where have you found fat Ronny?

Fat Ronny, not Fat Ronaldo

http://www.futhead.com/15/players/39971/ronny/
169126.png

chibob

Oh right.

Im glad you can see my confusion.

Why the hell has he got 99 shot power?! Seems a bit ridiculous.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If you guys are interested, here are the in-form players I bought/sold from last season and how much I bought and sold each for. As you can see, TOTW 1 is the most important by far. I think I only lost money on like 3 players and only a little bit due to tax on each.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlsKSEK424bldEVJanlPQnJZd2ZEaVRGbkx1UUp0dVE&usp=sharing

Here are the players I've bought/sold so far this season. Miranda was being price fixed this morning so I sold him for a good profit. I'm sure he could go up more over the next few weeks, but I re-invested the coins I made on him into a bunch of new IFs that should also go up nicely. I also sold Forsberg because the fucker scored a hattrick this weekend I guess and might get a second in form. I made a decent profit on him, but would have been nice to hold longer.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlsKSEK424bldHZLZ3hUQjFTcjQtZVJWdFFTTjBCOUE&usp=sharing

mcnoles

If you guys are interested, here are the in-form players I bought/sold from last season and how much I bought and sold each for. As you can see, TOTW 1 is the most important by far. I think I only lost money on like 3 players and only a little bit due to tax on each.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlsKSEK424bldEVJanlPQnJZd2ZEaVRGbkx1UUp0dVE&usp=sharing

Here are the players I've bought/sold so far this season. Miranda was being price fixed this morning so I sold him for a good profit. I'm sure he could go up more over the next few weeks, but I re-invested the coins I made on him into a bunch of new IFs that should also go up nicely. I also sold Forsberg because the fucker scored a hattrick this weekend I guess and might get a second in form. I made a decent profit on him, but would have been nice to hold longer.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlsKSEK424bldHZLZ3hUQjFTcjQtZVJWdFFTTjBCOUE&usp=sharing
This is pretty amazing. I may get into ultimate team now.

giphy.gif

jdlikewhoa

About to fire this bitch up so I can figure out what the fuck yall are tombout. Right now this whole thread may as well be in Spanish

jdlikewhoa

fut_zpsc2ab49b4.jpg

Team is all over the place, so dat chemistry is terrible. Balde up top at striker is my go to. He's got good pace and is channeling his inner @OU11 at 6'3" ... He towers over most of these twinks

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
fut_zpsc2ab49b4.jpg

Team is all over the place, so dat chemistry is terrible. Balde up top at striker is my go to. He's got good pace and is channeling his inner @OU11 at 6'3" ... He towers over most of these twinks

An honest suggestion I have is to play a few games with that team until you have enough money to buy a team with decent chemistry. You should be able to buy a full starting 11 of gold players for 300-350 coins each in the right positions for under 4k (only 3 games with the coin boosts). I recommend trying either a cheap brazil team or a cheap bundesliga/La Liga team. Those have plenty of $300/350 coin players available. Play more games with that team until you get bored, then sell them and buy a new team.

If you'd rather play with bronze/silver players, just build a full squad of 150/200 coin players. The only problem is it is much harder to sell those guys when you get bored of them (I don't even try to sell bronze/silver players for the most part unless they happen to be super popular).

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I can probably get him now for 11k

His lowest Buy it now price is literaly 10,250 right now.

Edit: someone bought it, but there are Buy now options regularly at or under 11k. That means you should be able to snag him on an open bid for 10,500 because nobody will make profit on him for that price. If someone is bidding up all of them to a certain price, just wait until they stop (check later in the day).

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Ok there are a bunch at 11,250 but everything under 11k is selling within a minute, so this is a good lesson. The reason they are selling almost instantly at 11k but not selling at 11,250 is that someone is trying to price fix them, which can be good to take advantage of when you are eventually selling.

In general it is good to avoid buying during a price fix, but it also gives you a good idea of what his price should be when you do pick him up, whatever the lowest "price fixed" Buy it now price is (11,250) take that and multiply it by 0.95 and round down. That's the max you should pay for his card for an investment purchase. 11,250 * 0.95 = 10,687. That means you can bid on as many cards as you want for 10,500 and you shouldn't lose money (because you should be able to sell them overnight for at least 11,250 if you win more than 1)

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I ended up getting a sniper gignac with 98 contracts for 10750. I have no idea if this is good or not

That's the way to do it if he's being price fixed! Most chemistry styles are worth a bump of about 250 coins. Some chemistry styles with pace boosts will get you a 1,000+ coin bump in price on an In form/popular player. The way I'd look at it is you effectively paid 10,250 for his "normal" card and an extra 250 coins for a chem style and an extra 250 coins for 99 contracts.

chibob

Iv been following Travis' principles and iv acquired a Rondin (IF) Gignac (IF) Donovan (IF only dropped today) and Djilobodi (IF) and a Rakitic (IF)

I achieved all this by packing an RVP earlier and then just selling trash cards for over sell now value.

Got 45K+ in the bank right now

Rondin was 14k

Gignac was 18K (I fucked up on that one)

Rakitic was 67K (but iv seen him go for double)

Djilbodjli was 10k

Donovan was 20K

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Shouldn't have purchased Donovan yet, he'll likely lose a ton of value through the weekend. Try to sell him today if you can and then buy him again on Sunday or something

chibob

Ahh now you tell me, ill do that.

Why will he drop?

Also I just edited to add prices.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
No no no nono. By the end of the weekend he'll most likely be available for 10k. You should be able to sell him now for13.5k

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm not trying to be mean or belittling here, but you should go back and read that post I made because it lays everything out. Were you checking prices when you bought these guys? I don't understand how you got either Donovon for 20k or gignac for 18k when they have "Buy it Now" players listed for thousands less. Search FUTBIN.com.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Also, generally speaking, never buy IF players on the first day because their command is super high and their supply is super low. They'll drop in price through the weekend after people play with them and want to sell them. By the time people are looking forward to next weeks TOTW, their command will be much lower and their supply will be at an all time high (full week in packs). Simple supply and command

jdlikewhoa

About chemistry, do players develop it as they play together, or is it based solely on the teams/leagues they play in now and the country they're from?