• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TROG

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I honestly think Donovan might be a great long term investment though (I'll just buy him for 10k next tuesday :trollface:). Should be his last in-form and he'll get a nice bump if he retires.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
About chemistry, do players develop it as they play together, or is it based solely on the teams/leagues they play in now and the country they're from?

You get chemistry for playing them in the right position and then playing them next to players from the same Leagues/teams/nation. You also get a +1 for a manager from the same league/nation and a +1 loyalty bonus if you pull them in a pack or they've played 10 games for you. Max is 10. Everything above 7 is good to go.

WingedHelmet

Y'all are having amazing pack luck. I have ~45k coins in addition to my French U21 (Coman is bauce) and Spanish/French hybrid. But I can't hang with these pacey pubers. I got smoked by fucking Chicharito this morning to the tune of four goals sprinting right through the middle of my plodding center backs. Fuck it. Mangala and Koscielny, come on down. This is the team I'm going for, although right now it'll cost ~200k coins. No thanks.

chibob

I honestly think Donovan might be a great long term investment though (I'll just buy him for 10k next tuesday :trollface:). Should be his last in-form and he'll get a nice bump if he retires.

Iv got him on the block right now, so ill pick up another one if he sells.

chibob

fut.png

This is what im playing with atm - most of it was pretty cheap to assemble, with exception to the IF cards.

sayo

YEET
Just sold my bpl team I had to build around gignac. Didn't realize a couple of the silver players and one of the bronze guys I pulled in packs at the beginning are worth quite a bit. One silver I'm sure is going to go for at least 7k.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Pro tip.... edit the individual player instructions in your formation. This is a game changer, especially for cdms and target man style strikers.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I think IFs are all based on league play

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Plus they only drop once per week....

Not so fast on the player instructions... you have to set them every single game. WHY EA WHY.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
One of my favorite things is being able to pick 2 different jerseys. I found the San Lorenzo classic sponsored by WalMart.

sayo

YEET
So what are some good value French League guys I should be looking out for?

Edit- trying out 4-1-2-1-2 (442 diamond wide) for this squad since I have had good success in the past with the formation on seasons.

sayo

YEET
Apparently this Danny Rose dude is worth 7k? Nice. I don't get why a lot of these silver guys sell for so much?

chibob

So what are some good value French League guys I should be looking out for?

Edit- trying out 4-1-2-1-2 (442 diamond wide) for this squad since I have had good success in the past with the formation on seasons.

My team had a lot of cheap French players in.

Konko is a decent cheap right back.

This is a TROG squad I was messing with last night, still fine tuning the chem

fut2.png

Snorky's Shame

Anyone doing this mode without spending actual money?

I'll add this to what Travis said about Bronze/Silver players. You don't need the high end Bronze/Silver players to win games on any tournament below World Class. You should be good enough to win those tournaments without using 64 or 74 rated players.

Also don't rely on packs to get players. I just buy packs to get contracts.

chibob

I'll add this to what Travis said about Bronze/Silver players. You don't need the high end Bronze/Silver players to win games on any tournament below World Class. You should be good enough to win those tournaments without using 64 or 74 rated players.

I dont know about Travis, but I havent spent any money so far.

I got the FUT Edition so I got a few free packs through that, and the rest of the coins iv made through selling low value cards on the transfer market.

Its pretty easy to turn a small profit on cards you get from packs. Even selling contracts/managers/shirts etc can bring in good monies.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

Who spends real money? Packs also seem like an expensive way to buy contracts.

i guess chibob spends real money.

sayo

YEET
Another thing that'll get you some quick coins is buying all the jerseys and balls using the coins in the shop (from the main menu). For some reason this year, when you buy those items, you automatically earn the coresponding card in fut. I was able to make a little bit of money doing that and quick selling. I'd imagine some of you guys that are higher levels can make a bit more. There are also some nice throwback kits as well.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I played some normal seasons last night and found that the individual player instructions did not save their either (must be a game wide glitch) you have to wait until after kickoff to set them so they stick. Anyway in seasons with Stade Rennais I played Mexico 3 times and Club America twice in 5 games. Welp, back to ultimate team.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I will tell you that changing your big trog strikers to play like Target men stops them from making stupid runs about 75% of the time and makes them play with their back to the goal like I want. That is a fucking revelation. Gignac doubled his goal per game average and picked up a ton of assists because he was no longer running wide or doing other stupid shit.

Snorky's Shame

Another thing that'll get you some quick coins is buying all the jerseys and balls using the coins in the shop (from the main menu). For some reason this year, when you buy those items, you automatically earn the coresponding card in fut. I was able to make a little bit of money doing that and quick selling. I'd imagine some of you guys that are higher levels can make a bit more. There are also some nice throwback kits as well.

That happened in last year's game as well. Those usually go for only 150 though.

I agree that buying Gold packs for contracts is a waste. Silver and Bronze are not. A good amount of stuff found in Silver packs go for a lot more than their Gold counterparts. For example, last year River Plate jerseys were going for 20 times the amount Boca Juniors jerseys were going for. River Plate was a Silver level team while Boca Juniors was a Gold level team. People just don't buy Silver packs.

I'm also having problems with player roles as well. It defaults to my GK taking corners, free kicks, etc...

Snorky's Shame

I'm thinking the CPU defaults roles to the first person you put on a team. I always start with the GK.

Also hilarious that it only took me less than 5,000 coins to get all 28 Chicago Fire items this year. Individual MLS players (Yedlin, Oduro and Manneh) go for more.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Last year I played and got all these players up, and then by January every player that I had spent like 3k on each was available for 900 at most. I really am just waiting to do that.