• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sperg about Motor Racing thread

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
@OU11 It's because us MURICANS probably all first experienced motorsports with NASCAR where most of the drivers are certified LOW IQ INDIVIDUALS so our bar is lower unlike the HIGH IQ brits

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I guess we'll see. Maybe I'm excusing too much, I'm not very knowledgeable about F1 so it's very likely I'm seeing it wrong. It's just hard for me to believe he can be that much better than every other driver out there.

It does depend on who challenges him. If it's Ferrari vs Red Bull Verstappen will walk it, as I don't believe either Ferrari driver is champion material (unless they go unchallenged).

I'm not saying Verstappen isn't a great driver, but it's just that he has absolutely obvious deficiencies. And even then, Red Bull are doing a magnificent if not completely cringe worthy job of masking those deficiencies.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
For the lols :D(and a good example of what I'm talking about) -

FTXmxoeWUAMVAYB

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Bottas was
valterri, it’s James…

I guess Mercedes covered hamiltons deficiencies for years?

Stfu - Firstly it's not just the no2 driver orders - it's the way the whole fucking team treats him like a retarded baby. Second - Rosberg.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
But lmfao at "It's very unfair but OK..."

"Checo - is it OK if Max shoves this ten pound gourd up your asshole?"

"It's very unfair, but OK.."

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
First of all Verstappen would have passed anyway at that point, it was the strategy that was unfair. Checo would have won if he had the right strategy. I was only listening to the race but it seemed like they ran Checo on a different strategy to help Verstappen (I've read the same on r/formula1 as well).

Secondly, did Merc ever pull orders while Bottas was in the hunt for WDC? Checo wins and he's 13 points behind I think

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Yeah, as I said, it's not the only way in which they nanny Max. But also I'm pretty sure Merc didn't pull rank on the 6th race of the season ever. Happy to be proven wrong.

Wolfman21

The exact situation played out in last years Spanish GP with Mercedes…only bottas didn’t express frustration like Perez because he knew his position in Mercedes and had been there done that.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The exact situation played out in last years Spanish GP with Mercedes…only bottas didn’t express frustration like Perez because he knew his position in Mercedes and had been there done that.

No, no I don't think it did

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
My point with that is Bottas did not have a winning car last year, Lewis did. Perez and Verstappen both had a winning car this year, they just didn't want Verstappen to cause a double DNF trying to overtake Perez so they let him through.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
My point with that is Bottas did not have a winning car last year, Lewis did. Perez and Verstappen both had a winning car this year, they just didn't want Verstappen to cause a double DNF trying to overtake Perez so they let him through.

Exactly. Perhaps if they didn't know that Max was a big no-brained baby, they could have asked them to race a bit respectfully and minimise any risk, but they KNEW THEIR GUY and probably made exactly the right call to prevent an accident.

Bottas was clearly not on a winning strategy in last years race, so all he was doing was holding Lewis up.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
This is just full of white trash gold -

"I didn't really like school, didn't like sitting on a chair and looking at a board"

"Fortunately, I didn't need school. It also depends on what you are good at. For some professions you just really need the instruction. But fortunately not for racing" - Yeah, because you don't need to listen, study or work with anyone when you're in a racing team full of engineers and complex strategies.

But my favourite, and I do believe he probably kicked him anyway, just like he punched Max's mother -

""I don't think we were completely crazy," intervened Jos. "If Max hadn't had the talent, and if I hadn't seen it, I would have kicked him all the way to school, so to speak."

Clever Verstappen :D (cheeky sub) - https://f1i.com/news/371167-clever-verstappen-reveals-ploy-to-avoid-school-and-go-racing.html

Basically my point is - This is who he is still and it explains so much. Red Bull do a really good job of protecting him and shielding him from anything that may upset him or challenge his brain. I have no doubt that the guy still can't sit down and listen to anyone explain anything to him, but he doesn't have to as Red Bull just sit him in a high chair and spoon feed him. It's why to me to me Red Bull are so painful to watch.

And @Wolfman21 and @OU11 - This is not British bias. You probably don't know but Red Bull are extremely popular here (with the white trash Brexit bunch), because they are basically a British team (as are a lot of teams but that's a different story). The only thing that isn't are their owner and drivers - but see soccer with the same situation. Lewis and Merc are much less popular with "patriotic" Brits due to his skin colour. You're more likely to see a Red Bull shirt walking around the provinces than a Merc one.

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If they had started on time and not behind the safety car it would have been fun. As it is they're going to parade bhind the safety car like a true Monaco farce.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Good possibility that the Merc will be awful on this track in these conditions. I would just like to see some drama, but these race directors seem to be terrified of any incident, even on a track that's barely fast enough to be deemed "dangerous"....

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Just so frustrating if the safety car parades them round a few times to dry up the track. Literally THE ONE CHANCE of an interesting race, and they try to nerf it.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Leclerc to crash is a massively high probability though. Couldn't even drive a vintage F1 car around the track without stacking it.

Wolfman21

not a mechanical issue...but safety car with 20 to go to allow Sainz to pit and erase any time that verstappen would have been ahead is definitely going to change things. I'd be all for a Sainz win today!

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
hayvis gon get you for that. I love r/formula1 saying Sainz doesn't have it when if it was Leclerc they would say Red Bull just has too much pace.

Wolfman21

Sainz is a good driver. He deserves a win at some point. Leclerc, IMO, is overrated. Ferrari's pace has fallen off from the beginning of the season. Red Bull are obviously quicker now

Wolfman21

Verstappen now with the 9th most wins, ever, in Formula 1. If he wins half of the races left, he could jump up to 6th. If Red Bull stays on their path into next season, he'll likely join the Top 5 of all time behind Hamilton, Schumacher, Vettel and Prost.