• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Pac-12 Thread

bruin

Ellis McCarthy declared. Kinda surprising. He had a good second part of last season, but never lived up to the "recruiting expectations" coming out of high school.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
WR Nelson Agholor, DL Leonard Williams, and RB Buck Allen were the USC underclassmen who have declared for the draft. Fully expected Williams to go, I think Allen can be decent in the NFL, but think Agholor would increase his draft status with another year.

WR Nelson Agholor, DL Leonard Williams, and RB Buck Allen were the USC underclassmen who have declared for the draft. Fully expected Williams to go, I think Allen can be decent in the NFL, but think Agholor would increase his draft status with another year.

Add George Farmer to that list.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Add George Farmer to that list.

Now that is just dumb. Farmer, while highly recruited out of high school, and undoubtedly a talented atholete, was barely a factor in the offense this year. He's an undrafted free agent at best. My guess is that he, like Cardale Jones, didn't come to play school, and that some slimy agent (or relative) got in his ear about teams that wanted him on their roster. Dumb, dumb dumb. Fast, athletic guys that are not unusually tall or big are a dime a dozen in the NFL, and if they don't have a sparkling college resume to point to, generally don't get drafted above the 5th round. Farmer's accomplishments at USC were, while beset with injuries, rather pedestrian given his 5-star status as a recruit.

Brick

Buckner isn't leaving. That helps. Mariota officially gone.

All about the QB for Oregon next year. Loaded at skill positions. I think pretty much undoubtedly the most talented and deep group they've ever had. Offensive line should be fine.

They have ten skill guys who could be significant contributors.

running back
tyner
freeman

tight end
brown
baylis

hybrid
marshall
nelson

wide receiver
addison
carrington
allen
stanford

Buckner isn't leaving. That helps. Mariota officially gone.

All about the QB for Oregon next year. Loaded at skill positions. I think pretty much undoubtedly the most talented and deep group they've ever had. Offensive line should be fine.

They have ten skill guys who could be significant contributors.

running back
tyner
freeman

tight end
brown
baylis

hybrid
marshall
nelson

wide receiver
addison
carrington
allen
stanford

Don't know much about your TE situation, beyond the fact that King Tut had a horrifying injury, but that is otherwise an embarassment of riches.

Mame YO

slings rocks
So many unknowns for Oregon. They need a couple impact players to step up on D and a solid QB and they could be solid, but I'm working off the assumption that the D will be terrible. The linebackers are mostly bad, the DBs will all be gone... Young guys can step up, but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe Mattingly, seisay step up and Daniels continues to show improvement. Idk. Buckner staying helps a lot doe.

bruin

don't think Oregon's skill position players are all dat, besides Allen and Tyner/Freeman.

Bdub

Funny that USC is ranked higher than Utah. Same records, Utah beat USC and has better wins.

PSUEagle

I really disliked how Pellum opted to defend Ohio State, especially when OSU started gashing them on counter in the second half.

He's a big question mark going forward for Oregon, IMO.

bruin

Ted Miller spittin truth.

Fact: UCLA's No. 10 final ranking is the team's highest since 1998, and that squad lost its final two games. So, yeah, highest final ranking in 16 freaking years is not a "huge disappointment."

Fact: UCLA won 10 games for the ninth time in SCHOOL HISTORY.

Fact: UCLA has now won 10 games in back-to-back seasons for just the third time in school history.

Fact: UCLA went 10-3 against a schedule that featured seven teams that finished the season ranked and saw 10 opponents play in bowl games. Twelve games were against Power 5 conference teams, and the 13th, Memphis, finished 10-3. No team on the Bruins' schedule other than Colorado won fewer than five games, and eight won at least eight games.

Fact: UCLA has won three in a row over USC. To clarify, the Bruins have whipped the Trojans three consecutive years under coach Jim Mora. Let that marinate for a few moments.

bruin

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Saturday
Sept. 5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Virginia Cavaliers
Rose Bowl, Los Angeles, CA{/td}
{td}TBA{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Saturday
Sept. 12{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}at UNLV Rebels
Sam Boyd Stadium, Las Vegas, NV{/td}
{td}TBA{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Saturday
Sept. 19{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}BYU Cougars
{td}TBA{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Saturday
Sept. 26{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}at Arizona Wildcats
Arizona Stadium, Tucson, AZ{/td}
{td}TBA{/td}
{td}Buy
Tickets
{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Saturday
Oct. 3{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Arizona State Sun Devils
{td}TBA{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Saturday
Oct. 10{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}Open Date{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Thursday
Oct. 15{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}at Stanford Cardinal
Stanford Stadium, Stanford, CA{/td}
{td}TBA{/td}
{td}Buy
Tickets
{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Thursday
Oct. 22{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}California Golden Bears
{td}TBA{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Saturday
Oct. 31{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Colorado Buffaloes
{td}TBA{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Saturday
Nov. 7{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}at Oregon State Beavers
Reser Stadium, Corvallis, OR{/td}
{td}TBA{/td}
{td}Buy
Tickets
{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Saturday
Nov. 14{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Washington State Cougars
{td}TBA{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Saturday
Nov. 21{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}at Utah Utes
Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT{/td}
{td}TBA{/td}
{td}Buy
Tickets
{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Saturday
Nov. 28{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}at USC Trojans
L.A. Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
back to back thursday night games is so dumb. we're not virginia tech or pitt.

look at those games to open conference play. Shmoney.

Brick

That stretch of byu Arizona asu and Stanford will tell the seasons story. Lawd.

Remember when Thursday night games were gr8 matchups? Gone now because of fantasy footbaw league yawners. Sucks. Used to look forward to those games.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Anyone need work? Don't worry about prior experience or a resume, not necessary. Just a hand to flip a coin will be fine.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I try not to trog out too hard as far as recruiting goes, but Vernon Adams is visiting Oregon and seems likely to transfer. He threw 7TDs against Washington last year. His stats are impressive. Plug and play?

@Brick

bruin

UCLA exceeded their goal of 50 million at 53 million today for the new Football only facility on campus.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Michigan has finished second to UCLA for recruits twice today, and a bunch of other times recently. Going to suck for them when Mora leaves for the NFL and UCLA slides back into being a 5-7 team. @bruin

bruin

rickrossdrink.gif

Michigan has finished second to UCLA for recruits twice today, and a bunch of other times recently. Going to suck for them when Mora leaves for the NFL and UCLA slides back into being a 5-7 team. @bruin

Which one bolts first for the NFL, Mora or Harbaugh? Feels like a good wager topic.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
:laughing: I'd actually be more worried that Mora plateaus at 10-3 and a Pac 12 championship game loss than him leaving for the NFL.

@RedmondLonghorn - I'd say Mora, if he gets the opportunity. Harbaugh is likely at Michigan for at least 3 years, just rebuilding the program. Mora has already turned UCLA around, so he's more likely to leave. I'd say if Harbaugh goes back to the NFL, it will be 3-5 years from. Mora would go sooner if he wants to be in the NFL.

For what it's worth, people at Michigan think Harbaugh is sticking around for the long term. I don't buy it, personally, but I don't expect him to leave until after Michigan is winning.

Yeah, it wouldn't really be a fair bet anyway, as Mora has already been at UCLA for a couple of years.

LOL at the people that think Harbaugh is in it for the long run. When your "dream job" is the convenient fall-back option for when you get fired, it isn't really your dream job.

Harbaugh will do what he always does: get things turned around, eventually get the team playing really solid traditional football, and act like an asshole. He'll go back to the league and leave Michigan in a better spot than it is now. Some people will be upset, but a lot of people who had to work directly with him will be relieved.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Who?

Musta had a rough senior year.

Taeon Mason. He flipped, it's not like SC or Wazzu took back their offers or something. SJSU must have a great bag man.

Wazzu's been getting raided today. Class was probably top 35 this morning and now they'll be lucky to be top 50. Still way more talent than they've gotten in recent years doe.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Are grades an issue? That flip is really odd.

Yeah, if it's not grades the only thing I can think of is location. He's from Pasadena so he may have wanted to stay close to home but not deal with the talent at SC.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Oregon's class looks solid. Everyone says Kuamatule is a beast and he definitely looks the part. Oregon has 10 total signees along the lines, a couple of juco LBs, and depth at almost every spot from this class. More RBs too Lol. All ur RBs are belong to da ducks.

Adams will apparently decide whether or not he transfers next Monday.

Bdub

So USC flipped a Washington St commit by offering him a preferred walk on spot. You know you suck when a kid would rather pay his own way than go to your school for free.