• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2048-49 Hot Stove (FREE AGENCY IS OPEN)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It's been sketchy since I split the cable three ways and weakened the signal a bunch. Going to move something out of there but I haven't got around to it yet

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
My export go through? I got some weird notice when I did it but then it said it was uploaded.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I signed two of my necessary stop gap pitchers... YESSSSS.

One of them, my Tim Tebow, had extreme local popularity when I offered, but now it shows up on the website as "unknown?" Could this be a product of me moving from Australia to North Dakota?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yeah, Leenderts should slot in to be my 4th or 5th pitcher (depending on whether or not I sign my other target). He looks infinitely better than the two guys I cut, which left me with only 3 SPs so I really need bodies for a couple of years until I get my shit figured out. The real selling points on him were his 75 stamina and injury history because the rest of my starters are just a mess in those areas, lol.

He also had extremely high local popularity when I initially searched for him, but that has changed to insignificant, so I think I may have fucked myself on that one with the move?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I signed two of my necessary stop gap pitchers... YESSSSS.

One of them, my Tim Tebow, had extreme local popularity when I offered, but now it shows up on the website as "unknown?" Could this be a product of me moving from Australia to North Dakota?
Were they extensions or FA?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Travis7401 I assume Local Popularity relates either to where they played last or their home town. You need to sign those washed up, old nationally (Global) popular guys.

osick87

Community Liaison
That's my bad. I thought that was local to your team.

Here is my penance. My favourite is @ 11 seconds.

tumblr_np0fusuYlv1u08qwio1_400.gif

Lloyd Carr

I'm going back and looking at my roster from my first year in the WBL.

Lawd, what a squad I had. Bunch of bums, but they were a tough bunch. They definitely over-performed for me.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Orlando and osick have me confused now, so I went back to my spreadsheet

When I inherited the team I had 8 total starting pitchers on the roster to start with. 6 on the 40 man active roster and then Mole and Cicio were both on the IR

1 was old AF Dr. Sad making $15 million/year with an extension option.... Denied
1 was old AF Ugly Tom Xhong making $5 million/year with an extension option... Denied
1 was Dawud who was a free agent and had low stamina and had ratings similar to some cheaper free agents.... let him go. @Gooksta signed him
1 was Enrique Zuma who was old and had decent ratings but low stamina and lots of injuries and was released because I figured I could find a similar player who was younger and healthier

1 is Fransico Garcia who is a decent prospect but looks more like a relief pitcher to me, with his low stamina and only 2 decent pitches. If necessary I'll force him in as a starter, but I'd rather sign some stop gap guys.

That left me with 3 active roster starting pitchers with lots of injuries and low stamina.... HMMMMMM

1. Mole (IR)
2. Cicio (IR)
3 Brad weeks

So I set out to sign some cheap stop-gap locally popular (Tim Tebows) starting pitchers for the 4 and 5 spots that had good stamina and low injury history. That's where my boy Leenderts comes in. Unfortunately, his local popularity has changed, for reasons @Orlando pointed out. Oh well, still looks as good as Dawud and has better stamina, which I needed.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Travis, did you get an email that fan interest increased?

I got the most dramatic message about how pissed the fans were, it was like I just traded Tapley again.

No, he was "extremely popular" when I found him, so I assume it is a big loss for your fans. I might not have signed my "Tebow" but I apparently stole yours :laughing:

Wolfman21

I'm going back and looking at my roster from my first year in the WBL.

Lawd, what a squad I had. Bunch of bums, but they were a tough bunch. They definitely over-performed for me.

I went back and reread my Kabul thread yesterday. My starting rotation Was :vomit: when I first started. Lineup had some decent pieces though which I turned into a couple starters on my current team

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He is a 100/80 on the BTT scale. Better pay up.

Are you saying all ur players are available in the way I said Andy Bobandy was "available," or are you actually interested in making a deal?

Craig Decker has me interested.
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_7377.html

I see ur positional ratings have you pretty shitty when it comes to catcher prospects and I have a bit of a log jam of youths at the position...

I could send you a serviceable utility infielder/defensive guy so that you won't have a roster hole and give you ur choice of one of my catcher prospects:

Steve Green - Utility infielder
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_11240.html

+ ur choice of catcher prospects all around 20-21 and good looking players.
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_6263.html
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_8089.html
http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_6492.html

Am open for other suggestions if you don't need/want Steve

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Also, anyone else who needs a good 20-21 year old catcher prospect I'm ur guy. I'm looking for a stop gap pro pitcher, a 3b, or pitching prospects.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Travis Immersion is the the quickest developing skill I've ever seen in the WBL... from 25/80 to 65/80 in a matter of a week.

I'm with @Gooksta I love the new extension demands. Makes the game a lot harder... few teams have been using the same players they signed to unrealistic extensions and it'll force people to try new strategies. My whole off-season has been about shedding salary next year/getting younger because I have three huge pieces who are FAs that I've got to decide whether to extend or not. Old extension game it's automatic signs. Now you've got to make decisions.