• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2048-49 Hot Stove (FREE AGENCY IS OPEN)

osick87

Community Liaison
anigif_enhanced-5600-1408401036-6.gif

BA has been one of the sexy teams in the SL for years now. I'm still waiting for them to produce. I hope they make it this year.

1. No one is allowed to use Tswizzle gifs but me. That's in the Nutopia Charter.

2. Last year I will contend that I probably would have made playoffs if not for injuries. I tried to cheap out on my Bullpen and that turned out to be a gong show. I've learned from that and now know what I need to do.

osick87

Community Liaison
Bert wants a 9 yr deal going from 11 mil to 20 mil. Going to try and condense the years and the AAV a bit and cross my fingers.

Gooksta

Eh I turn over a good portion of my roster every year. Way more funner to be in the hunt and try out different strategies at the WBL level than tank to me at least.

It is interesting to see what will happen though because OOTP 16 makes you sign FA eligible guys to legit extensions. So the whole strategy some have used of have the same roster every year because no decisions needed if you sign everyone to the moronic extensions doesn't work anymore.
Also most owners don't want to put that much work into it either..by spending the time to make all those trades.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Also most owners don't want to put that much work into it either..by spending the time to make all those trades.
Yeah I make more trades than anyone else on here :laughing:

But trading is probably my favorite part of the game on here. I think different people like different things. I like seeing minor league guys come up and check out their stats but I don't really get into the draft that much and care almost exclusively about WBL stuff. Maybe that's why my drafts are such garbage.

Anyways the main reason I haven't gone through a major rebuild ever is I'd get bored. I'd also get bored if I just had the same team year after year. I rather tinker with things constantly.

Lloyd Carr

You gonna go full rebuild after? seems to me you want to try something different with your roster.

Yeah, once this crop is done, it's full rebuild. I'd like to focus on pitching this next go-around. My pitching is good now, but my lineup has always been my strong suit. I'd like to do that different next go around.

Also, in the way OU went for a full lineup of power, I'd like a full lineup of Enquists.

Gooksta

Yeah I make more trades than anyone else on here :laughing:

But trading is probably my favorite part of the game on here. I think different people like different things. I like seeing minor league guys come up and check out their stats but I don't really get into the draft that much and care almost exclusively about WBL stuff. Maybe that's why my drafts are such garbage.

Anyways the main reason I haven't gone through a major rebuild ever is I'd get bored. I'd also get bored if I just had the same team year after year. I rather tinker with things constantly.
I want to get some KW lifers.. guys to fill up my team history page..lol

Right now it's meh

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Eh I turn over a good portion of my roster every year. Way more funner to be in the hunt and try out different strategies at the WBL level than tank to me at least.

It is interesting to see what will happen though because OOTP 16 makes you sign FA eligible guys to legit extensions. So the whole strategy some have used of have the same roster every year because no decisions needed if you sign everyone to the moronic extensions doesn't work anymore.
Liked for funner.

I get attached to my players. I tinker with my roster, but I like having the same core players. I have never been afraid to sell the farm for the right player though. Like you, I think I would get bored tanking. My team was bad for a few years to start and I got some assets to build around and trade. Everyone has a different way about doing things though.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I've been telling you guys this for years. Jake turkeys play much better when they have a BTT leader, even if the BTT actually sucks. Thus the Tebow Phenomenon. Orton was a far better QB than Tebow, but he wasn't a BTT so everyone else sucked and they lost games. Tebow comes in and does his try-hard leader thing and says a few prayers and suddenly everyone is an all star. Obviously this effect is even more pronounced if you are a good player.

You guys are in trouble because I've identified and targeted two separate "Tebows" in free agency already.

conflict seeker.

I'm not tombout lineup protection, I'm talking about BTT protection. Winning begets winning and playing on a team of winners makes every Jake better.

I'm surprised it took several days for a BTT OOTP theorem.

Gooksta

I'm leaving for Vegas on Thursday and no longer have a laptop. @OU11 would you be able do updates for me over the weekend? Don't have a lot of targets

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm surprised it took several days for a BTT OOTP theorem.

You guys are such suckers for valuing traditional baseball abilities like "power" "control" "contact" and "movement." I immediately disregard all traditional baseball statistics and ratings and dig deep into the profile of the player to find out what type of turkey he is, then I assign them all BTT ratings on a 20-80 scale and then proceed from there.

I'm already so excited to have inherited Andy Bobandy Darrach on my roster, with his 70 BTT rating he'll be the type of mentor I need to take the young Jakes with promise under his BTT wing.

Gooksta

You guys are such suckers for valuing traditional baseball abilities like "power" "control" "contact" and "movement." I immediately disregard all traditional baseball statistics and ratings and dig deep into the profile of the player to find out what type of turkey he is, then I assign them all BTT ratings on a 20-80 scale and then proceed from there.

I'm already so excited to have inherited Andy Bobandy Darrach on my roster, with his 70 BTT rating he'll be the type of mentor I need to take the young Jakes with promise under his BTT wing.
:popcorn

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm leaving for Vegas on Thursday and no longer have a laptop. @OU11 would you be able do updates for me over the weekend? Don't have a lot of targets

Probably.

I still haven't looked at the file aside from making sure I wasn't Jim'd. I really have no idea where we are and how we'll progress and I probably won't look at it for some time. So you guys just let me know when you want to go 5 days

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Probably.

I still haven't looked at the file aside from making sure I wasn't Jim'd. I really have no idea where we are and how we'll progress and I probably won't look at it for some time. So you guys just let me know when you want to go 5 days
Did you patch the game?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Patrick Rauch is another great looking BTT with a 70 rating and he also has an 80 intelligence rating and an IQ of 149. Talk about a God-like mind!

Patrick Rauch, The Smartest Man on the Field
Sunday, December 6th, 2048
Throughout baseball's history, a player's intelligence has rarely factored into his legacy. Some player insist that in fact, intelligent player's are looked down on by GM's and owners as someone they would rather not have in their locker room. After all, a smart player is less likely to make dumb financial decisions and accept a bad contract.

However, when a player as good as Patrick Rauch walks on the field, GM's and owners alike take note even though he would fit in just as well in the owner's meeting. As a young boy, Rauch had an IQ of 149. Growing up in Monheim, Germany, he dreamed about baseball...and going to University. He had always been naturally athletic, but also excelled in academics.

When asked now why he went to college even though he had numerous chances to sign with a professional team right out of high school he said, "I know my baseball career isn't going to last forever and when it's gone, it was important to have something to fall back to. In college, I majored in business management and it has really changed the way I look at the business of baseball."

His brain power has certainly not made him any enemies in the locker room. North Dakota Riggers teammate, Miklas Pellenaars, said of Patrick, "He is the most normal ball player in the world. He puts on his cleats one at a time just like the rest of the team. Of course, unlike the rest of the guys, he occasionally talks about which companies to invest our money in, and that's when we tend to do something smart - we shut up and listen."

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/leagues/league_100_news_6978.html

Schauwn

Leader Ability is only a Normal. To me, reads like a jake turkey, to me.

doh

- Added support for up to 100 custom lineups per team. Save & manage lineups from the team lineups screens and apply them in the pre-game lineup selection, the 7-day lineups screen and the regular lineups screen.
LAWD.... been wanting this for so long because of the amount of times I rest McHeshi and the chain reaction of moving guys around.

- Adjusted players refusing to sign with rebuilding teams
I think this is very fair and good for the league.

- Added flag to force a player from each team for All-Star game
I know this is dumb and a "in real life" thing but I like this too.

doh

Does that top one apply to use since we sim weekly?
I guess it does because it says we are able to apply it in the 7-day screen?

I didn't even know custom lineups was an option until now. Hope it is true it'd save me time on making 7-day lineups. I taylor my lineup to my SP a bit.