• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 NFL Offseason/Draft Thread

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
""I was impressed with how sincere he was and how motivated he is." George McCaskey - 3/25/15 - 2 months ago today.

Carolina Blue

Reports that the Texans will the team featured in Hard Knocks this year. Don't love it, but whatever. I'll be interested to get a peak into Clowney's recovery and what he is like off of the field.

R2D2

Surprised Bill O'Brien let it happen. Thought he was kind of like Belichick. Keep everything behind closed doors.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Panthers gon pay way too much late for Cam in fear of having to play someone as bad as Jimmy Clausen again. Can't say I blame them.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Cam is good tho. If he had a decent o-line, that Panthers team would be scary.

my only thing about cam is what happens when he isnt as fast as the LBs chasing him down? I've always thought his accuracy was sketchy, but when he is on a roll, he is pretty good imo

dirt

Trolltalitarian
NO defense set to be better this year. If Cooks can avoid being a frail twink, he might actually break out. Spiller should be interesting on turf... I will set the over/under on 5 TD's there. I'm still not convinced on Ingram-- or maybe it's the O-line there... dunno.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Ingram was legit this year when he was allowed to have the bulk of the carries even with a suspect OL.

I think if the line is better, he can be too.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

NO defense set to be better this year. If Cooks can avoid being a frail twink, he might actually break out. Spiller should be interesting on turf... I will set the over/under on 5 TD's there. I'm still not convinced on Ingram-- or maybe it's the O-line there... dunno.

Spillers gonna have 5 tds by week 7

Lloyd Carr

Third, the NFLPA argues that recusal is required because I have "prejudged" the matter and cannot fairly evaluate the potential testimony of league staff members. After carefully considering this argument, I reject it.

"ur biased"

"nuh uh"

clearly Goodell used his godlike mind here.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
wat?

so you "authorized" the punishment and you're not even locked into the findings of the report? The fuck kind of system is this guy running?

japbcvpavbzau9dbuaxf.jpg

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Interesting position for Carolina. They have good quarterback but not great, yet anyway.

Do they keep him or try to find a better one. With Newton they won't be bad enough to get a #1 pick and someone like Luck.

The better Free Agent quarterbacks are getting resigned.

Would you rather give that money to Stafford or Cutler that money?

Aaron Rodgers’ five-year, $110 million contract gives him the highest average yearly salary, but he’s not one of the top paid quarterbacks in 2015 because he received $40 million in the first year, and his highest base salaries are scheduled for 2018 and 2019. Four-time Super Bowl winner Tom Brady isn’t even close to being the top paid quarterback, having recently restructured his deal, and he's set to make $8 million in base salary next year.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I think Cam's best years are still ahead of him, but he will never be an elite quarterback. But I do think he has the ability to lead a team with a stout defense and effective running game, which is what the Panthers are all about anyway.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I think Cam Newton would be a Top 5 NFL QB with Chip Kelly and a front office that isn't one of the 3 worst in the NFL when it comes to building an offense, accuracy issues and all.

Too bad he got Mike Shula doh.

Fixed that for you. The Panthers' front office is quite laughable, especially when it comes to putting together offensive talent. For Cam to have taken that team as far as he has shows what an incredible QB he is.

-YTC

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Does Cam have any receivers besides Benjamin? Or any running backs? I guess Stewart was okay last year. They have like 3 good skill position players overall, though.

PSUEagle

@bruin228

Other than Greg Olson at TE I'd say his linemen and skill guys are anywhere from below average to atrocious. Benjamin had a nice year statistically, but the advanced stats from Football Outsiders said he had a bad year. Eye test wise, I agree: he ran a lot of horrible routes and was directly responsible for multiple INT's thrown by Cam.

I've given GM Dave Gettleman a pass his first couple years because he inherited a disaster salary cap wise: the team wasn't going to be able to do much in free agency with all of the horrible contracts Marty Hurney gave out. However, what he's done in the draft is on him and I'm not a fan. Don't like Benjamin, and absolutely hate the Devin Funchess pick: I'll be surprised if he turns into even an average WR.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
49ers have another player retire then trade their punter for a 7th Rounder.

Baalke's method of "trading for more picks" then "trade picks for more picks" cycle means you never ever end up with actual players but you get 100 picks every draft.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Spikes off the Pats because his damaged car was found abandoned. Sounds like it may have been involved in a hit and run. That Urban Meyers period at UF could make another sequel to the longest yard.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
:laughing:

Look at the little football ammo, omg. Them Redmong jeans too...

In the 1987 season when he was named MVP and Denver was the AFC Champs, My mom bought me a TShirt with this "Duke of Denver" deal on it. My earliest Broncos memories were beating the Browns in the playoffs in back to back seasons with "The Drive" and "The Fumble" and then getting trounced by the Giants and then Redskins in the following super bowls. I remember being extremely afraid of the Cleveland fans with the demented dog heads, so I had some pennant thing that said "Down with the Pound" and I'd wave it furiously whenever the dog men were on the TV screen. I don't particularly remember much about the Giants game other than praying aloud at the dinner table the night before that God let Denver and John Elway win. My mom glared at me and replied, "That prayer didn't make it above the chandelier, God doesn't care about John Elway."

But the real reason for this story is the Redskins Super Bowl. I had on my new lucky DUKE OF DENVER Tshirt and Denver opened the game with an 80 yard bomb to Ricky Nattiel and Denver was absolutely going to win this time for sure! Well of course they lost and I had a complete fucking meltdown that my mom was smart enough to capture with the new VHS camcorder my rich uncle had given us as a gift for Christmas that year (I went to stay at his house once and came back proclaiming that I only wanted to eat Mahi-Mahi because it was my favorite). Anyway, this was really the start of my hatred of John Elway because I absolutely loathed him with every fiber of my 5 year old being for losing and letting me down. HOW COULD THE DUKE OF DENVER DO THIS TO ME? I don't remember the video perfectly but it was a classic red faced child tantrum and I was really mad about John Elway and saying how much I hate him. I'm going to make it a goal to find that tape and upload the video to Youtube because I'm going to be a viral video superstar.

The Tshirt in question looked like this:

ciMYwkx.jpg

I ripped the T-shirt to shreds in anger a few years later when the 49ers trounced Denver in that Super Bowl when Montana threw about 72 TDs.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
By the 4th Super Bowl loss I was a 100% confirmed John Elway hater. Imagine growing up a Denver Broncos fan in the 1980s and 1990s and being the only one who hated John Elway. It was a very surreal experience.

Twice (once in about 1991 and then again in about 1997 or 1998) my Grandma bought me John Elway jerseys for Christmas. I hated him so much that I begged my mom, who obviously remembered the Duke of Denver fiasco and didn't want to see a repeat, to let me return them. She wouldn't let me return them for money, but she did let me take them back and exchange them for other players. This probably explains my strong anti-jersey take. Since I couldn't get the money for them, I decided to pick the least glamorous player I could find at the store (I was such a weird kid, lol) so the first time I traded an Elway jersey in for a Karl Mecklenburg (Albino Rhino) jersey and the second time it was for a Neil Smith jersey ( @bruin). At least half the reason I loved Neil Smith was because he had always pulverized Elway when he played for the Chiefs.