• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Dat Week 13 Thread- Brought to You by @bruin

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Harrington has fucking awful vision. Kept going outside on the last drive when he should've cut in and then does the same thing here plus he fumbles.

Wooly

Wow, terrible roughing the passer call on NU DL Collins. He was pushed into the QB. But you know what, it shouldn't matter anyways. Even if stumbled into the QB on his own, where was the harm? How was that roughing? Collins stumbled into Beathard and the QB fell down. So what. Should have been a no call. The ridiculousness of protecting QBs and WRs in the name of scoring and ratings is ruining the game. They should get no more protections than any other players on the field. It's football, expect to get hit and hurt, it's what makes the game fun.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If OSU were still undefeated, I'd be 100% sure of OU winning Saturday night. You know, Pokes Gonna Poke. This is a total tossup now that they've already blown their undefeated season

I told my dad they'd lose to baylor and then beat OU. However, the fact that it is at home means OU probably wins. Weather is going to be absolute shit tomorrow.

Wooly

Concussions and torn ACLs while not getting paid=fun
Football is physical play with execution. The game is not fun if it's not physical. In fact, there is no point to the game if it's not physical, you might as well play something else with just execution and running around, like soccer or basketball, or even the AFL. But then we have been through this all before for a decade around here...

Injuries are unavoidable with the physical play football requires.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Injuries are unavoidable but they should definitely be taking every precaution.

Im starting to think if there is an obvious blow to the head and the player comes up dazed they should take him out for the rest of the game no questions asked

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Of course injuries are unavoidable, but it's a bit much to say being hurt is the fun of the game, especially when these guys aren't getting paid. The fun of the game is scoring a touchdown or making an interception, not getting speared by some dumbass who doesn't know how to tackle properly.

bruin

I heart a Nebraska footbaw game the day after Thanksgiving with a little snow on the field. It's not against CU, but it'll do.

Jacob

Ask me about my shirt
If anyone was wondering what had ferentz so ticked off to draw a penalty, Nebraska had an illegal formation and #11 was covered up.
CU2Vh28U8AAvGeU

But keep whining wool

Wooly

I heart a Nebraska footbaw game the day after Thanksgiving with a little snow on the field. It's not against CU, but it'll do.

Yeah, I liked it from the start. It's a good game for these schools. Similar cultures, geopraphy, schools, etc. Colorado was great, but it was the long history that made it good. I think Iowa has the better fit, and given time, will be a better rivalry.

Wooly

If anyone was wondering what had ferentz so ticked off to draw a penalty, Nebraska had an illegal formation and #11 was covered up.
CU2Vh28U8AAvGeU

But keep whining wool
What are you talking about? This game has been great. The only thing I c/o of was the bad roughing the passer call.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
CU2Vh28U8AAvGeU

But keep whining wool
The slot guy is two yards off the ball. I'm not sure if that's what you are saying caused the would be penalty.

Wooly

That looks fine to me. :dunno:

Also thought that roughing the passer call was the right one too. Looked like a gratuitous shot and not much of a push.
Gratuitous? I am biased, I hate the call, I admit it, but I don't think it would be gratuitous no matter how you called it.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Wazzu has 207 yards and 3 points. They can't finish due to god awful drops, penalties, and two idiotic fumbles. Defense needs to force at least one turnover and offense needs to pull their head out of their ass past the 50.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I'm not sure but if he's out, they're prolly done. Backup QB + inconsistent as fuck Dom Williams as ur #1 does not bode well.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah that was a good call, i dont think those need to be instant ejections though

I could get on board with that, but they should suspend people after the league has a chance to review. And make it so that only egregious ones are suspensions. I'm actually okay with ejections for some of the targeting hits (like that one), but playing roulette with shitty review officials is dumb.

Wooly

This targeting call on Nate Gerry is a good example. If you look at the play in real time, what is a defender to do? The WR is airborne and twisting, Gerry is trying to hit the guy to stop the ball from being caught, how can Gerry predict where the WR's head will be when he starts his process for hitting the guy. You can't really stop once you have started. You HAVE to launch! That is how you separate a receiver from the ball.

The whole idea is preposterous in the game of football. Will the forces, angles, and speed of the game, people can't avoid hitting the head unless they just stop trying to hit people hard. And if that is your ultimate goal, to stop hard hitting, then the game ruined. You can't play effective defense if you can't try and hit the offense hard, especially the WR. Letting the ball be caught and then executing controlled safe tackling makes the defense ineffectual.

They say the rule is for safety, but notice it only goes against the defense. No one penalizes a RB for lowering his head and hitting players. No one calls helmet to helmet contact between lineman in the trenches on the goaline plays. Maybe some of it is for safety, but I think most of it is to turn the game into a lower contact higher scoring game for ratings.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
This targeting call on Nate Gerry is a good example. If you look at the play in real time, what is a defender to do? The WR is airborne and twisting, Gerry is trying to hit the guy to stop the ball from being caught, how can Gerry predict where the WR's head will be when he starts his process for hitting the guy. You can't really stop once you have started. You HAVE to launch! That is how you separate a receiver from the ball.

The whole idea is preposterous in the game of football. Will the forces, angles, and speed of the game, people can't avoid hitting the head unless they just stop trying to hit people hard. And if that is your ultimate goal, to stop hard hitting, then the game ruined. You can't play effective defense if you can't try and hit the offense hard, especially the WR. Letting the ball be caught and then executing controlled safe tackling makes the defense ineffectual.

They say the rule is for safety, but notice it only goes against the defense. No one penalizes a RB for lowering his head and hitting players. No one calls helmet to helmet contact between lineman in the trenches on the goaline plays. Maybe some of it is for safety, but I think most of it is to turn the game into a lower contact higher scoring game for ratings.

Why am I not surprised by all this? That hit is not the one to be defending.