• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Dat Week 13 Thread- Brought to You by @bruin

DHawkeye

only mostly dead
Welp. Iowa football has made it through an entire regular season undefeated. It weren't always pretty, and I don't think anybody outside the state of Iowa enjoyed it, but this team made all kinds of history and accomplished things I never thought possible for this program in the modern CFB world. It's been a hell of a ride, and the fact that it won't be over for another 2 games (at minimum), and that one of those games could very well be a Rose Bowl... I don't think I have the appropriate words in my repertoire to express my thoughts.

So fuck it. Fuck Nebraska. Fuck all the haters. 12-0 bitches. Yoloswagmoney420blazeitfaggots.

See you cunts in Indy.

Jacob

Ask me about my shirt
U4c9JJh.gif

PSUEagle

I'm telling you, the inferiority complex of Iowa fans everywhere is something to behold. Whether it's here on Utopia (after a decade of being the ultimate mope fanbase) or in my office, everyone gets butt hurt at the mere suggestion that they aren't a great team.

Jacob

Ask me about my shirt
I'm telling you, the inferiority complex of Iowa fans everywhere is something to behold. Whether it's here on Utopia (after a decade of being the ultimate mope fanbase) or in my office, everyone gets butt hurt at the mere suggestion that they aren't a great team.
As an Iowa fan its gotten annoying to me this season, even.

Jacob

Ask me about my shirt
And as I get older, its obvious to me that a lot of the media being lower on them is just poking a stick at a vulnerable fan base.

Hawk fans are just so starved for any success/recognition, not having any pro teams.

DHawkeye

only mostly dead

So fuck it. Fuck Nebraska. Fuck all the haters. 12-0 bitches. Yoloswagmoney420blazeitfaggots.

See you cunts in Indy.

4pO3utH.gif

giphy.gif

0CqveeT.gif

PSUEagle

I'm sad Nebraskaman lost because I was looking forward to reading HuSkEr RiVaLz talk themselves into how this team is on the right track, Riley's obviously better than Pelini, etc.

I remember reading the same shit a decade ago after Callahan's second season and it was hilarious.

DHawkeye

only mostly dead
Im glad 2 of you iowa turds showed up in the CFB forums for the last game of the season

:laughing: Bitch I been here all season. Hard to get in on the instant gratification circle-jerk with the time difference (and only occasional access to live game feeds).

that's why people don' like us

Remind me again why I should care whether or not some random schmoe on a message board likes me?

Iowa is 12-0, and I'm reveling in it. If someone doesn't like it, god invented the "ignore" function for a reason.

If it makes you feel better, I promise that once Iowa loses a game, I'll go back to being a misanthropic asshole who only sees the bad in things like everyone else around here.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Welp. Iowa football has made it through an entire regular season undefeated. It weren't always pretty, and I don't think anybody outside the state of Iowa enjoyed it, but this team made all kinds of history and accomplished things I never thought possible for this program in the modern CFB world. It's been a hell of a ride, and the fact that it won't be over for another 2 games (at minimum), and that one of those games could very well be a Rose Bowl... I don't think I have the appropriate words in my repertoire to express my thoughts.

See you cunts in Indy.
Five star rant. Congrats on the win. Tommy Arm-noodle was your real MVP...not Jordan Canzeri.

Kansas City Royals. 2015 World Champions. And I will not let you forget it.

Jacob

Ask me about my shirt
fwiw, though. I do think Iowa could compete with those "athletic" teams. I know that they have nothing to give them the benefit of the doubt though, so for now all I can say is watch and see. The team will either put up or shut up

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Jesus this Baylor TCU game is a dumpster fire played in a monsoon. Don't think we are seeing 120 points like last year.

Skeeter

Uber felon
It's cold rainy and windy and these fucks are throwing the ball all over the place. Don't they know that's unpossible?

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Bonus point: TCU cheerleaders have on tight white shorts...and its raining. Googily moogily

Wooly

It's just a game of jump balls. It's basically three flies up like at the playground. You hope for the catch or a PI, you win either way, except they are getting picked off this game. Still, it's the only way they are going to get big yardage in this weather without a traditional run game, so why not just chuck it deep. Timing routes and screen games are probably not going to work in this weather either. Jump balls is the worst kind of football for me.

Wooly

Bonus point: TCU cheerleaders have on tight white shorts...and its raining. Googily moogily

Best part of the game so far. Hoping for a lot of commercial breaks.