• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

sayo

YEET
Yeah if 24 of them hadn't come from the free throw line
I hope they figure out a way to fix this. Obviously, we have players exploding certain rules to get to the line and aren't even making legitimate plays to score. The ones from the 3 point line off the screen and the ones where the shooter leans in after pump fakes are the worst ones.

NML

70 points on 40 shots no matter how many came from the line is efficient

wat

You still lose the possession when you get to the free throw line. They aren't bonus points.

I'm not saying it wasn't impressive, but it's the same ratio as scoring 23 points on 20 shots haha

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
wat

You still lose the possession when you get to the free throw line. They aren't bonus points.

I'm not saying it wasn't impressive, but it's the same ratio as scoring 23 points on 20 shots haha

Super efficient tho

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
when you play mafia it's so easy to rile you up in completely unrelated threads so I take advantage. This is of average efficiency. Every coach I've ever had just wanted more points than shots

Reactions: NML

sayo

YEET
wat

But free throw attempts are much better than FG attempts.

Soonerfan09

wat

I get what you are saying, but he still made 21 FG on 40 shots, so he still shot over 50% WHILE taking 40 shots. That's good, especially for a guard.

Soonerfan09

I haven't seen enough of his "bad" to say he's overrated. Honestly, every time I watch him (3-4 times a month) I end up thinking he is underrated.

sayo

YEET
That's a good one, I can see both sides of that. When he's on he's definitely not but he's not consistent enough to be rated as highly as he is IMO.
I always see him in people's top 5 pgs list but I find it hard to believe he's better than Wall, Paul, Lowry, Curry, RUSS, Dame, and Harden if he counts. Lebron made Mo Williams into an all star. Granted, Kyrie is better than Mo Williams ever was but there is obviously a history of Lebron making players much better than they really are.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Blazers going to sneak into the 8th, sweep the warriors and win the title becoming the only NBA team to win a shampship with a captain who is a gay space communist

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
q5jbi1ab0xny.gif

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I went to Pelicans-Nuggets last night and holy fuck it was horrible. Pelicans demolished them even though they sat out Boogie (that pissed me off, really wanted to see an ejection), Nuggets were sleep walking out there. The unibrow had 31 and 15 in 3 quarters but the game was so out of hand he didn't even play in the 4th, so I couldn't even see a 45 point game or something. Blazers definitely nabbing that 8 spot

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I went to Pelicans-Nuggets last night and holy fuck it was horrible. Pelicans demolished them even though they sat out Boogie (that pissed me off, really wanted to see an ejection), Nuggets were sleep walking out there. The unibrow had 31 and 15 in 3 quarters but the game was so out of hand he didn't even play in the 4th, so I couldn't even see a 45 point game or something. Blazers definitely nabbing that 8 spot

6x since 83 a player has scored 30+ pts in less than 30 min...AD has two of those instances

#staywoke

zoltan

I pose a question to the finest basketball minds in this thread:

If Russell Westbrook and James Harden would have switched teams with each other at the beginning of the season, how much of a different impact do you think they would have had on their respective teams considering the personnel and coaching contrasts?

The reasoning for this question is because I continually hear James Harden being pretty much confirmed as a lock for the MVP even though Westbrook is going to average a triple double, something that hasn't been done for decades, while carrying his rag tag group of misfits into the playoffs. I wonder who is truly more valuable. Would Harden be able to do the same with that group on the Thunder, and if Westbrook was on the Rockets, do you think they win more games or less than they are right now with Harden on their team?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I pose a question to the finest basketball minds in this thread:

If Russell Westbrook and James Harden would have switched teams with each other at the beginning of the season, how much of a different impact do you think they would have had on their respective teams considering the personnel and coaching contrasts?

The reasoning for this question is because I continually hear James Harden being pretty much confirmed as a lock for the MVP even though Westbrook is going to average a triple double, something that hasn't been done for decades, while carrying his rag tag group of misfits into the playoffs. I wonder who is truly more valuable. Would Harden be able to do the same with that group on the Thunder, and if Westbrook was on the Rockets, do you think they win more games or less than they are right now with Harden on their team?
harden would do maybe the same, maybe slightly worse. he benefits heavily from having shooters so it really depends on what his hulk out mode is.

Westbrook same boat but would have shooters so he would have the upside IMO. it's not that houston's supporting cast is so much better they just can shoot. that would also require GOAT to pass even more than he is now.

I don't think either are the mvp but that's me. if you had to twist my arm I'd go GOAT but harden really has a claim too. until kawhi retires or gets hurt I'd just put his name on it.

sayo

YEET
Houston has such good shooting around Harden and he and Pringles are a match made in heaven. To me, goatcunt is just the better player to me. His size and passing are on LeBron levels and he's a much more efficient scorer and better shooter than Russ. Russ' supporting cast is much better on d tho.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
it also depends on what your mvp award means. if kawhi isn't a spur they probably can't do anything they like doing now. he's the only guy that expands what your team is capable of on both ends of the court. lebrin used to be that guy, now kawhi is

Giannis could be one of those soon. but kawhi is the best one right now

zoltan

Lebron is that guy still. The Spurs are still a playoff team that could compete without Kawhi, I don't think the Cavs are.

Lebron has missed about 20 or so regular season games in the three years that he has been back in Cleveland and the Cavs are like 4-16 in those games.

Nobody is on Lebrons level on a team wide scale.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Lebron is that guy still. The Spurs are still a playoff team that could compete without Kawhi, I don't think the Cavs are.

Lebron has missed about 20 or so regular season games in the three years that he has been back in Cleveland and the Cavs are like 4-16 in those games.

Nobody is on Lebrons level on a team wide scale.
that's why the Cavs are so shitty on D. he's not that guy anymore outside of the playoffs, but he's old and doesn't have to be

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The Sacramento Kings have expressed exploratory interest in former Philadelphia 76ers general manager Sam Hinkie, according to league sources.‎

Sources told ESPN.com that Kings owner Vivek Ranadive sought and received permission directly from Sixers counterpart Josh Harris to speak with Hinkie.

Sources say Hinkie has long intrigued Ranadive, whose franchise has been thrust into a rebuilding mode not unlike Philadelphia’s status under Hinkie in the wake of trading DeMarcus Cousins to New Orleans.

#trusttheprocess