• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2065 Off Season Thread

Wolfman21

So i had 9 mil in budget space and it wouldnt let me upgrade the bonus i was gonna offer campelo last night. It was counting the 20 mil i had offered as the favored offer AND the 22 mil i wanted to upgrade it to. Hopefully this bug is fixed in 18 as it just cost me a prospect

NML

So do we export in 17 or 18 for this sim?

I'm guessing 17 now then we will download tomorrow in 18?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
So i had 9 mil in budget space and it wouldnt let me upgrade the bonus i was gonna offer campelo last night. It was counting the 20 mil i had offered as the favored offer AND the 22 mil i wanted to upgrade it to. Hopefully this bug is fixed in 18 as it just cost me a prospect

I hope it stays.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I saw your PM in my email, but then you deleted it so I figured it was ok. It does that a lot of times when you try to add to a favored offer. Not really anything we can do about it.

Wolfman21

I saw your PM in my email, but then you deleted it so I figured it was ok. It does that a lot of times when you try to add to a favored offer. Not really anything we can do about it.

yeah, i figured there was nothing that could be done about it. Just pretty shitty that i had the money to beat the offer that won him and wanted to up that offer...but wasn't allowed to

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
yeah, i figured there was nothing that could be done about it. Just pretty shitty that i had the money to beat the offer that won him and wanted to up that offer...but wasn't allowed to
I get it, but it all comes down to timing right? And it's really just luck. Wooly could have paid more too, but wasn't able to either.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Because we were up against the date they normally sign. It's kind of just luck of who gets to make the final offer.

Wolfman21

Because we were up against the date they normally sign. It's kind of just luck of who gets to make the final offer.

no. I made the 20 mil offer. I wanted to up it in THIS SIM to 23 million. I had 9 million in the bank to do this with, but the game would not let me. Wooly got to make his final offer. I didn't.

I'm not wanting to change anything, i understand its a fucked up game mechanic and thats just how it is. But it shouldn't matter if you're the favored offer or not. If i'm the favored offer and i offer 20 mil, why can't i offer them 22 mil the next season without it counting as offering 42 mil?

Hopefully 18 fixes that

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
no. I made the 20 mil offer. I wanted to up it in THIS SIM to 23 million. I had 9 million in the bank to do this with, but the game would not let me. Wooly got to make his final offer. I didn't.

I'm not wanting to change anything, i understand its a fucked up game mechanic and thats just how it is. But it shouldn't matter if you're the favored offer or not. If i'm the favored offer and i offer 20 mil, why can't i offer them 22 mil the next season without it counting as offering 42 mil?

Hopefully 18 fixes that
Honestly I think favored offers should be locked like pending :dunno:

Plus you are misunderstanding what I'm saying. This is the only sim that this matters for. The real broken mechanic is that there is a date they just sign in the midst of a bidding war. I was saying wooly could have paid more had the bidding war kept going. None of what you said was relevant haha.

Last edited:

Wolfman21

Honestly I think favored offers should be locked like pending :dunno:

Then the game mechanic should be that way. It shouldnt tell me that it takes 42 mil to offer 21 mil.

But im not arguing about it...i just think its silly. But its not the first time an ootp in game thing has fucked up. Nml can attest to that

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Then the game mechanic should be that way. It shouldnt tell me that it takes 42 mil to offer 21 mil.

But im not arguing about it...i just think its silly. But its not the first time an ootp in game thing has fucked up. Nml can attest to that
It should lock it because like pending it counts a favored offer against your budget. I added to my post, but this is legit the only sim this matters. Just make your $22m offer on 2/2.

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I could up my favored offers back in the day, it was a part of my strategy on IFAs to go big the day before ST for guys that were still in a bidding war

Wolfman21

I could up my favored offers back in the day, it was a part of my strategy on IFAs to go big the day before ST for guys that were still in a bidding war

Thats how i remembered it. The price for the big guys was kinda set throughout the bidding and the the last sim you could make your final offer. If you get unlucky and just so happen to make the favored offer before the final sim now for anyone that costs anything, youre screwed

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think it's been more of a problem on 17 than in the past. It's also not a consistent issue as far as I can tell.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
plus I probably cheated anyway. Orlando reminded me commissioners can do whatever they want pretty much. I don't remember it counting twice but it might have. I was usually in on 5-6 when I was on my IFA years and if you're spending 50m you just make sure you have money left. if it was counting them twice I fucked myself on a lot of IFAs.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
but it's really weird they just sign on a specific set of days in the middle of a bidding war. that shouldn't happen, I wonder if that's a bug nobody ever fixed.

Wolfman21

but it's really weird they just sign on a specific set of days in the middle of a bidding war. that shouldn't happen, I wonder if that's a bug nobody ever fixed.

They sign on the sim that takes us into march. We used to do 3 day sims and then a 5 day sim or 2 when they would decide.

Its never counted as twice for me before. I dont understand what the deal was here. I feel like ive been doin this long enough for it to have been an issue before. But hey...you win some, you lose some. The high priced guys never work out for me anyways

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

I don't think this is fixed in OOTP18. In my other league they have a hard cap so that might be why but I had $50M in space and offered a guy $6M (so $12M with tax) and it showed I still had $44M left and then only $30M left when I bumped it to $7M (max per IFA period without tax). Could just be how that league has IFA setup but it didn't appear that it was fixed in that league.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think it's just built in as a signing period or something. It's weird though because two still haven't signed. Unless no one offered them haha.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
In Shasta area one more night. Then gonna attempt to venture back to Seattle in one day tomorrow. Bout a 12 hour trek. 14 if we stop in Crater Lake np.
Anyways, my understanding is 2nd ST sim is tomorrow night? That'll line up perfectly if so to set opening day rosters. Gonna turn this into another week excursion over to Glacier np and Banff/Jasper/Calgary. Already around 500 pics snapped. :laughing:

Wolfman21

@Orlando, i got a note to update my OOTP 18 version when i booted it up. I haven't opened it in prolly over a month, but just fyi in case everyone needs to update or what

18.5.54 seems to be the most up to date version

Soonerfan09

I import, and try to download latest league file, and get "Error: Could not open archive file." What do I do? And to get logos, etc. do I need to follow the steps in the Newcomer thread, or is there an easier way to do it since I had them on 17?

NML

@kingssc @Soonerfan09

There's an "import OOTP 17 league" button on the home screen. Use that and find the WBL and load it (you need the world.dat file).

The other option if that's not working, is to re-download the league from the newcomer thread. Try loading that one into 18. Not sure why that would work better, but I know it fixed the problem for me one year. Also, make sure ur OOTP 18 is up to date. Could be ur problem, sooner.

For logos, if you import, they should automatically take.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I import, and try to download latest league file, and get "Error: Could not open archive file." What do I do? And to get logos, etc. do I need to follow the steps in the Newcomer thread, or is there an easier way to do it since I had them on 17?
Make sure you have the latest version of OOTP18
Import from 17 into 18
Download the latest league file