• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 Coaching Hot Seat/Carousel

Lightningwar

Administrator
I have "heard" that people think corches are waiting on what happens with FSU before making any decision on UT. Maybe Tennessee should do the same. Maybe more corches will be available once they know that FSU is not available.
That is the rumors I am also hearing. Should be an interesting week or so starting after tomorrow afternoons A&M board meeting.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
lol, seems thats the hot take on the state message boards right now. Not sure who they think we're gonna get thats better? 6-2 in the ACC, 4 straight bowls, working on the best recruiting class we've had in 20 years.........sure, fuck him, hes garbage, bring on some half known from JMU or something who will be in over his head and start from scratch day 1 so that in 5 years we can be having this same discussion.

NC State sports. Coach for 5 years and either get fired or go to another job.

The sad thing is that all of this is over 1 year. Doeren wants a 5 year extension. Yow only wants to give him 4 years. All the assistant contracts are completed and everything. It all hinges on that 1 fucking year or this wouldn't even be happening.

As for peyton wilson, the #3 OLB in the nation...he was supposedly going to commit on Thursday during Dave's in home visit. That, apparently,is no longer happening.

Good job motherfuckers
Lol you have spent the entire year bitching about how shitty this coaching staff is. He doesn't deserve to be fired but I have seen nothing to suggest he is a competent in-game coach who can make the proper adjustments or decisions to put State over the top, which based on your bitching I figured you agreed with me on that. It's okay if State fans don't have high expectations and are okay with that, but it makes me far less interested with such a concrete ceiling of being slightly above average. Doeren proved to me his ceiling this year, and I didn't have to have a fucking aneurysm like you did watching the games about it.

It really boils down to if you think it's worth to risk stability to take the program to the next level, and I think it is considering how boring mediocrity is. But I'm not an alum, I'm just a guy who was indoctrinated into this life and keeps tabs because it's the one of the few things I can talk about with my dad, I kind of have a weird masochistic joy of seeing State fans go full sperg. I reiterate I wouldn't fire him but I'm totally cool if orange wedge dad coach leaves.

Brick

Will someone already make a yerturb of Tanner saying YOURE A A DUMBFUCK. A DUMBFUCK! from whiplash so I can use it already. FUCK

Wolfman21

Lol you have spent the entire year bitching about how shitty this coaching staff is. He doesn't deserve to be fired but I have seen nothing to suggest he is a competent in-game coach who can make the proper adjustments or decisions to put State over the top, which based on your bitching I figured you agreed with me on that. It's okay if State fans don't have high expectations and are okay with that, but it makes me far less interested with such a concrete ceiling of being slightly above average. Doeren proved to me his ceiling this year, and I didn't have to have a fucking aneurysm like you did watching the games about it.

It really boils down to if you think it's worth to risk stability to take the program to the next level, and I think it is considering how boring mediocrity is. But I'm not an alum, I'm just a guy who was indoctrinated into this life and keeps tabs because it's the one of the few things I can talk about with my dad, I kind of have a weird masochistic joy of seeing State fans go full sperg. I reiterate I wouldn't fire him but I'm totally cool if orange wedge dad coach leaves.

My issue has been with drinkwitz. Has been since he got here. Our offensive playcalling hardly ever makes sense. My point in this is that everyone seems so happy to just start over when we don't have a coach that wins a championship after 4 years at NC State when that hasn't happened in 30 years. And this isn't a TOB situation where it was obvious his recruiting was going so far in the tank that we were gonna be shit for a few years. This dude took over after like 3 recruiting classes in the 50's-70's in a row and had us at 8-5 in 2 seasons, now has us in our 4th straight bowl game with the best ACC record we've had in 30 years and was about to pull in the best recruiting class we've had in like 15 years.

I don't feel like "meh, we'll be just as good with *generic coach here*, who cares if he walks?"

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Well I do feel that way, so I don't care if he walks, in fact it'll make next year much more interesting by default.

Wolfman21

Looks like NC State has offered Doeren a 5 year extension(on top of the 3 years left on his contract) at 3 mil per year with an addition $750,000 to spend on assistant coaches per year.

Tennessee is offering him 4.5 mil per year over 5 years. Word is he will sleep on it tonight and decide some time tomorrow.

Meanwhile, looking at his twitter, he is another coach that Tennessee fans don't want....and they are quite vocal about it...oh HIS twitter. I guess Tennessee just doesn't want a coach, lol.

Wolfman21

No. If doeren passes, i have no idea who they go to. There isn't going to be a realistic name come up that their fans are going to be happy with so whoever accepts the position is gonna start working with a foot in the grave

Reminds me of NC State's basketball search after herb sendek left and we ended up with sidney lowe...that turned out so well

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Schiano was going to work for Currie until the fan base threw a hissy fit. At this point what AD and coach worth a damn really is willing to take a job where you will be run out before you’re hired because they don’t like you?

Wolfman21

Schiano was going to work for Currie until the fan base threw a hissy fit. At this point what AD and coach worth a damn really is willing to take a job where you will be run out before you’re hired because they don’t like you?

We will find out tomorrow if dave doeren is that dumb

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I don't have any particular animosity toward Tennessee, but this whole thing is pretty hilarious. When Mike Gundy is trolling you and the coaches at Duke and Purdue say they're happy where they're at, you got a problem.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Given what happened at Fishers call in show last night. I can't imagine him on the sidelines against ULM. I also am hearing rumblings things will move quickly with Taggart. Possibly as quick as Monday or Tues next week he can be named HC if he takes the position.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
It really is just fucking sad to me. The fans deserve better than this. Of course there are some crazy asshole fans, but the vast majority are not and just want to be able to root for their team. Tennessee is the second richest football program in America based on yearly revenue. Think about that. This is pretty much the worst 10 year stretch in over 120 years of football and it still pulling in more money than any program other than Texas. It has a 100K+ seat stadium, some of the best facilities in that nation, the population of Tennessee has grown so much recently that it now produces recruits to a level that puts it in the top 10 in the nation. It has a rich history and tradition of winning that puts it in the top 10 all time.

People want to say it isn't a top job, yes it is. A good coach has all the tools necessary to succeed. More than just about every other school in the country. The only thing it doesn't have is competent people running the show. It is the equivalent of Trump in the White House and all Vol fans can thank the Haslam family for that. Every shitty decision up there for the last 10 years, starting with firing Fulmer, is their doing. They make every single hiring and firing decision and they are the puppet masters with this current shit show as well. Everyone knows the Currie hire was their guy and they loved Schiano and wanted to hire him to corch the Browns.

Nothing will change until they run that family out of school, but I don't see how that is possible. Jimmy's brother is the governor and the chairman of the BOT and has plans to push for school president when his term is up next year. The only hope is the current criminal fraud trial that is going on right now. Jimmy has been heard on audio tape instructing his employees to commit mass fraud on his customers. Maybe if he goes to prison, that will finally be what it takes. Either that or Charlie Egen, Dish Network founder and Tennessee booster worth ~17 billion or so, steps up and replaces the Haslam funding. Both seem like long shots at this point.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Given what happened at Fishers call in show last night. I can't imagine him on the sidelines against ULM. I also am hearing rumblings things will move quickly with Taggart. Possibly as quick as Monday or Tues next week he can be named HC if he takes the position.

Why was a third baseman there? Why was he shoving the fan?

Brick

I also am hearing rumblings things will move quickly with Taggart. Possibly as quick as Monday or Tues next week he can be named HC if he takes the position.
yTG0R.gif

fsuprime

crootin!

proxy-2.jpg

ya i dont wanna be at the game saturday if jimbo is still on sidelines, fans Willie be super trogged up i would not want to see that in person, warchant and the 247 site now telling fans jimbo been talking to atm since early September lol

Lightningwar

Administrator
This will be an ugly display if Fisher is on the field Sat. I mean what a season and fugly ending to what has been upto this point a great run. Think 12 months ago this team was getting ready to beat Michigan in the Orange Bowl. Today, hoping to avoid a public spectacle in their make up game.