• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2080 Season Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
ONLY another 8 months!

More Woes For Murricans Nico Lemmens
Tuesday, January 21st, 2081
It was learned today in Buffalo that shortstop Nico Lemmens would miss more time because his recovery from a torn anterior cruciate ligament was not going as well as expected. The Murricans, however, were quick to relay that the setback did not seem to be serious and that Lemmens would only miss 8 months more.

In his career Lemmens has gotten 494 hits with a .310 batting average, scored 198 runs, hit 47 home runs and driven in 214.

Fortaleza THANKS YOU, CAPTAINS!

player_3115.png
Leoni and Mitchell Pitch in at Local Homeless Shelter
Monday, January 20th, 2081
It is always good to see local athletes use their popularity and status for the good of the community. Today, Plácido Leoni and John Mitchell pitched in at local homeless shelter, serving meals for hundreds of underprivileged citizens of Fortaleza. "It's the least we can do", added Leoni. "I don't do it because I'm a member of the Sol, I do it because I care about the community. There's plenty of women and young children among these people, and giving them a hot meal uplifts me as well. Seeing the looks of appreciation on their faces makes it all worth it."

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If anyone's in game right now, I'm going to upload and advance one day to add IFA since the start day got bugged. Don't make any offers yet cuz I won't be pulling exports

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Ed Fowler? I found one who was a SS that retired in 2044, but I don't see a staff history for him.

Oh God. Has he vanished? I will take a screen shot of his retirement letter for you. This new guy I have is a pessimist, so I would like to get rid of him.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'M PSYCHED! THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED ON THE EARTH EVER! :fyeah:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus - Any more luck finding my scout? If not, I think it must have been Ed Fowler's projection that made him the way he was. If you can pick out a scout that has a similar projection for me (although I can't remember what his was). From the manual, we might be able to work it out. I think because he was so optimistic on some players with bad stats, he must have favoured tools -

ProjectionThe Scouting Director's preference when it comes to projecting the future potential of players. The projection attribute has five settings: Highly Favor Ability, Favor Ability, Neutral, Favor Tools, and Highly Favor Tools. A Scouting Director that favors ability will base players' potential ratings on what the player can already do and project what he thinks the player will become in the future. The director that favors tools will base the players' potential ratings on the maximum peak the player could achieve. In theory, a scout that favors tools will find more superstars, while a scout that favors ability will find more serviceable major league players.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus - If you keep firing my scout or deleting him or whatever with each export, till I've found a scout I like that could work if not too time consuming?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Travis7401 @Karl Hungus - I'm pretty sure I've worked out why Ed Fowler was the way he was, so to shut me up if you can find a scout that has legendary on amateurs (and as many other things), and also has "highly favours tools", I will probably find he's very similar and shut up. It would explain Cairos as he's 6' 4".

How would you feel if you lost Tagg, travis?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Travis7401 @Karl Hungus - I'm pretty sure I've worked out why Ed Fowler was the way he was, so to shut me up if you can find a scout that has legendary on amateurs (and as many other things), and also has "highly favours tools", I will probably find he's very similar and shut up. It would explain Cairos as he's 6' 4".

How would you feel if you lost Tagg, travis?

1. With the way we have the league set up, none of the scouts are inherently special/better (I believe they are all legendary), they are all going to have different opinions, which is something I've tried to explain ad naseum. If you want a scout who highly favors tools, I'm sure they can do that. He'll still have different opinions than your last scout.

2. Douglass exist as long as my heart and mind exist, I would not be upset to lose him as a scout if he decides to pursue other ventures.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
1. With the way we have the league set up, none of the scouts are inherently special/better (I believe they are all legendary), they are all going to have different opinions, which is something I've tried to explain ad naseum. If you want a scout who highly favors tools, I'm sure they can do that. He'll still have different opinions than your last scout.

2. Douglass exist as long as my heart and mind exist, I would not be upset to lose him as a scout if he decides to pursue other ventures.

1 - If you want me to shut up, you're going to have to show me solidarity and fire Tagg.

2 - It ain't about the ability of the scout, it's about the fact that I want to feel fucking optimistic about my prospects (my new scout hates everyone).

3 - You need to learn to love my conversation more, as the more you fight it, the more I will come back harder.

I'm pretty sure Fowler must have been tools focussed. We can go through some new scouts till I find one I'm happy with, but the ones to choose from in game at the moment aren't good enough for me (I'm sure even though the top ones are of similar ability, the shit one's could be truly bad).

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
2. I knew this is what it was all about, the new scout hates ur prized prospects :laughing:

Of course it is you monkey. :laughing:... I don't want reality, I just want my alcoholic love everyone scout back. Surely a man like you can appreciate that. :england::england:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We can go through some new scouts till I find one I'm happy with, but the ones to choose from in game at the moment aren't good enough for me (I'm sure even though the top ones are of similar ability, the shit one's could be truly bad).
:laughing:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Travis7401 - Say the manual is correct and tools focussed scouts can find more superstars (but probably miss a lot more), then don't I have a point? I mean there's obviously a difference in the focus of scouts and how they perform as Ed Fowler wouldn't have love Cairos so much. It has to be a part of the game or they wouldn't have written it in.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
He shouldn’t be allowed to cycle through scouts btw. Might as well give him Wooly rights to look behind the curtain at that point.

That's true, but I'm pretty sure I've deciphered what Fowler's attributes were, so it wouldn't take more than 1 or 2. I just need the same type of scout, as I've built my minor leagues around it. It's genuinely off putting seeing something different.

@Travis7401 seems to have ignored my solidarity request.....