• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

#2 Alabama vs #1 Clemson National Championship

Lightningwar

Administrator
This game will be interesting. I feel like it will come down to whether Clemson can utilize the spread against Bama front 7. They looked impressive running the ball yesterday. For Bama the script remains the same. Run their battering ram to setup running streaks for long gains.

Lightningwar

Administrator
One more thing I think this Clemson team is different from years past. They have fire and have learned how to win. It used to be they would get close then shit themselves. But watching their body language. Something has changed this year. They arent playing scared.

Wooly

Clemson has a good enough line and a high-powered HUNH offense with a black QB, which is Kryptonite to Bama.

Fightin' Dabos by 2 scores.

...BTW, since Dabo is a Bama guy, I am counting this as another natty for Bama either way.
I miss Jobob. He only shows up once a year around the holidays.

Heisman06

Clemson wins 31-23. Bama is a very good team and have a great defense but people don't realize how good this Clemson defense is. I like Clemson's offense to have more success than Bama's offense.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Clemson wins 31-23. Bama is a very good team and have a great defense but people don't realize how good this Clemson defense is. I like Clemson's offense to have more success than Bama's offense.
I think I agree...

So y'all gon' lose.

Wooly

The Alabama DL is incredible. IIRC they have 3 guys around 315 lbs. That really plugs the middle and makes defense a lot easier. The Clemson offense might be better than Bama's, but will it be productive against the Bama D? I could see a close, low scoring game, where a couple of big plays decides the game. So basically this is a toss up or something.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
You tellin me Clemson d is tougher than msu d? Doubt it. If Coker plays like he did the other night, they win.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
As long as Saban prevents Kiffin from calling a game plan that includes 85% bubble screens, Alabama is going to roll Clemson.

Heisman06

The Alabama DL is incredible. IIRC they have 3 guys around 315 lbs. That really plugs the middle and makes defense a lot easier. The Clemson offense might be better than Bama's, but will it be productive against the Bama D? I could see a close, low scoring game, where a couple of big plays decides the game. So basically this is a toss up or something.

I'm not saying they're not. Their front 7 is really, really good. I'm just saying let's not act like Clemson doesn't have a good defense either. Shaq Lawson, Kevin Dodd, Carlos Watkins, Scott Pagano DJ Reader and true freshman Christian Wilkens are pretty damn good too. It's gonna be a battle in the trenches.

You tellin me Clemson d is tougher than msu d? Doubt it. If Coker plays like he did the other night, they win.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Clemson is ranked higher in Total Defense (#6, #26 for Sparty) and Scoring Defense (#16, #25 for Sparty). Not to mention more team speed that you need to keep up with Bama.

I wouldn't be shocked if Bama won but I would be shocked if Coker does that against Clemson. Mackensie Alexander will be on Ridley.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
MSU had a pretty off year defensively this year, Clemson's D is definitely better. Though MSU has prolly the best one game performance between the two with the OSU game.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Having better stats and actually being better are different to me. Guess we will see. I just don't think they will stand up to the run game.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Michigan State's defense wasn't that great all year. They have an outstanding front 4, good LBs and a mediocre secondary. Clemson is definitely better than them on defense.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
All I'm saying is that Clemson seems like a defense built to defend more finesse offenses. Msu seems like a tougher defense built to stop a physical offense. It's probably all just stereotyping in my head but we will see.

I was right about Iowa and ou sucking.

Wooly

I'm not saying they're not. Their front 7 is really, really good. I'm just saying let's not act like Clemson doesn't have a good defense either. Shaq Lawson, Kevin Dodd, Carlos Watkins, Scott Pagano DJ Reader and true freshman Christian Wilkens are pretty damn good too. It's gonna be a battle in the trenches.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Clemson is ranked higher in Total Defense (#6, #26 for Sparty) and Scoring Defense (#16, #25 for Sparty). Not to mention more team speed that you need to keep up with Bama.

I wouldn't be shocked if Bama won but I would be shocked if Coker does that against Clemson. Mackensie Alexander will be on Ridley.
Well I have not watched enough of either team to really know. I am dirt on this, relying on the opinions of others.

Plus, 3 DL over 300 lbs gets me all hot and bothered. I Am Biased.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
All I'm saying is that Clemson seems like a defense built to defend more finesse offenses. Msu seems like a tougher defense built to stop a physical offense. It's probably all just stereotyping in my head but we will see.

I was right about Iowa and ou sucking.

I agree with that. But I don't think Clemson is lacking up front either, they have some good guys.

Heisman06

The defense is pretty physical at other positions too. Goodson and Boulware (even though he's undersized) are good run-stoppers and Jayron Kearse (nephew of Jevon Kearse, Phillip Buchanon's cousin) is a downhill safety. TJ Green and Blanks are the guys I worry about getting exploited in the run game.

I'm looking forward to it. We could get our arse whooped and I could be a giant homer but I just see something special in this team. I definitely wish we had Mike Williams and Deon Cain on the field.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
put me down for klimpson... been tryna tell brock for a minute. Fuck yo avy brock. u takin bama now str8 up

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yea there is zero way Clemson ever accomplishes anything of note

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Lightningwar

Administrator
This Clemson team is different imo. They dont get the deer in the headlights look of yesteryear. Early in the FSU game we were taking it to their defense. In years past Clemson would had folded, given up, let FSU ride them hard without lube. But they fought through and beat us.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
C'mon. You know living in the Upstate has turned you into a Clemson fan...

I wouldn't root for Klimpson if they were facing ISIS.

I placed a bet on Klimpson to win the NC before the ACC Shampship game. I'd win just under $1000 if they win, just so that I'd be happy either way (Klimpson loses, or I win a significant sum of money).

I'm still desperately rooting for Bama. That $1000 would have to go towards moving costs to get me away from these hillbillies who will treat it like the greatest thing that's ever happened in their overall-wearing, trailer park living, Trump voting lives.

-YTC