• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 NBA Thread pelican and okc bitches

sayo

YEET
Warriors got lucky. So many careless passes and turnovers.

I really think kerr needs to start fouling Dwight more.
They have turned the ball over a bunch in the first two games. Houston is pretty athletic and has been able to take advantage of careless passes.

Tailback U

They have turned the ball over a bunch in the first two games. Houston is pretty athletic and has been able to take advantage of careless passes.

Yeah they are rushing, forcing, and trying too many no look passes.

One of john woodenly classic lines comes to mind..."be quick, but don't hurry."

the rockets have done a great job of denying them the ball but steph (6), Draymond (4), and bogut (4) had 14 of the Warriors turnovers tonight and most of them were on careless passes.

Bucksin04

Kyrie questionable for tonight. My guess is they sit him. Champagne Dellavedova-Shumpert-LeBron-Thompson-Mozgov with Smith-Jones-Marion(?) as an 8 man rotation? Yikes.

EDIT: Welp.

Last edited:

Herrb

Hard for most to like Harden but damn I keep thinking about how good he was last night. Shoulda coulda woulda

zoltan

Harden be doing his thing. Warriors prolly gonna take it all this year though, Steve Kerr is a beast.

Whats with the CP hate? He's the most competitive player in the league, and probably the smartest. The only point guard that's even close is Conley Jr., or if Lebron is playing PG.

He's also unguardable, so dont gimme that bull about taking D Fish over him because he hit a few lucky shots when the Lakers were good.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Harden be doing his thing. Warriors prolly gonna take it all this year though, Steve Kerr is a beast.

Whats with the CP hate? He's the most competitive player in the league, and probably the smartest. The only point guard that's even close is Conley Jr., or if Lebron is playing PG.

He's also unguardable, so dont gimme that bull about taking D Fish over him because he hit a few lucky shots when the Lakers were good.

6INP

It sure as hell aint Jrue :trollface:

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
If Chris Paul could've hit a few lucky shots when the Clippers were good he wouldn't be on the golf course right now.

R2D2

Chris Paul is overrated, but he's still a top ten PG. Top ten, in my opinion:

1. Steph Curry
2. RUSS
3. John Wall
4. Tony Parker
5. D Rose
6. Lillard
7. Conley
8. Kyrie
9. Paul
10. Lowry

zoltan

CP is the number 1 PG for like a bunch of reasons, a few being his leadership on the floor, his assist to turnover ratio, and his basketball IQ. Lebron is probably the only player IMO that could even challenge him for the spot.
Number 2 would be probably Curry because he's such a gifted shooter, he opens up so many opportunities for his teammates because he demands so much defensive pressure.
Number 3 for me would probably be John Wall, when healthy he's just crazy good, bigger than most other PG's so he can disrupt on defense, and on offense, especially on the fastbreak, he's pretty much way faster than everyone else in the NBA.
4 is probably Russel Westbrook, probably the most physically gifted of all the point guards and has the best motor, but he sometimes forces the issue and i haven't really seen him play the PG position like a PG is that makes sense. Harden could also be number 4 even though he is listed as an SG.
5 is Conley Jr. He controls the tempo so well and his IQ for the game is excellent. (imo no one else is even close in the tempo regard besides CP) i think its because both PG's have 2 dominant big men, in the Grizzlies case, they have the best big man 1-2 punch in the league so that obviously helps a lot. Conley also plays lockdown D and has a good shot.

6-10 pretty much any order, they're all pretty close.

D Lil (clutch gene)
TP (rings)
Kyrie (best offensive PG in the game)
Rose (if he stays healthy he's top 5)
Lowry/Teague (both solid PG's)

I get why CP has haters and all, he's not the most likeable guy by any means, but i dont think theres any argument that can justify that he's not the number 1 PG in the league. he has been for several years.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
2 of your 3 reasons are basically just your opinion. So in the spirit of that line of reasoning, IMO Fisher was a better leader and had a higher basketball IQ.

I'd look up his assists-turnover ratio, but don't particularly care because stats are just maths losers use to feel better about themselves and I'm busy watching this:

Herrb

4 is probably Russel Westbrook, probably the most physically gifted of all the point guards and has the best motor, but he sometimes forces the issue and i haven't really seen him play the PG position like a PG is that makes sense. Harden could also be number 4 even though he is listed as an SG.
Doesn't make sense to me a couple times.