• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NBA Thread

Mame YO

slings rocks
Aldridge out for a week. No biggie, its four games. It will suck, the blazers would be lucky to go 2-2 in that span... But it happens.

Of bigger concern, IMO, is Joel freeland (he's out 3-4 weeks) and Meyers leonard (2-3 weeks). The blazers have very little depth and Joel freeland is the 8th best player on the roster. Leonard isn't very good anyway, but still.

Honestly I can't wait for next year even as I savor this year (the blazers are still above expectations even with their recent struggles considered). Next year they'll have the MLE, they'll be able to trade their 1st round pick... They'll likely be a much deeper team and they will likely have flexibility with trades. McCollum will be huge too, I'm sure.

sayo

YEET
It'll be interesting to see the Blazers without LA. He's been particularly cold as of late. At this point, a top 4 or 5 spot would be great considering our preseason expectations.

Watching LAC vs San Antonio. Man the Clippers are hardly watchable. Blake argues everything and Paul is one of the biggest flopping cunts in the NBA.

Bucksin04

Even the NBA thinks the Knicks are ridiculous

Bg2y96wCIAAY4Xb.jpg

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Another fucking disaster of a Bulls win tonight, now the 3rd seed in the east. FML

Mike Dunleavy led the Bulls in rebounds, and Noah led them in assists and Jimmy Buckets had 3 blocks. Strange times in Chicago.

Bucksin04

Spencer Hawes to Cleveland for 2 second round picks, Earl Clark, and Henry Sims

Last edited:

GR8 2 B FL G8R

How did the fucking T Wolves just beat the Pacers?

I watched a lot of this game (on another TV at the bar, was mainly watching the G8Rs vs Auburn), and the Pacers played like total shit in the first half and couldn't come back

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Melo dropped 40 on the pels. Usually Aminu is able to frustrate him but last night was just Melo's night. Monty put AD on him and had some "success" but it was a little too late. Im with Fisher in that Monty is still in the 90s mindset with his approach to the roster and rotations. I would've put AD on Melo way before the 4th quarter.

Chase

How did the fucking T Wolves just beat the Pacers?

I watched a lot of this game (on another TV at the bar, was mainly watching the G8Rs vs Auburn), and the Pacers played like total shit in the first half and couldn't come back

Paul George offered some groupie $1 million to abort his baby, the Pacers got bigger things on their minds right now

NML

Melo dropped 40 on the pels. Usually Aminu is able to frustrate him but last night was just Melo's night. Monty put AD on him and had some "success" but it was a little too late. Im with Fisher in that Monty is still in the 90s mindset with his approach to the roster and rotations. I would've put AD on Melo way before the 4th quarter.

Every time I watch the Pels, I hate Monty more and more.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It's hard to get upset with Monty there because it is just impossible to stop the best player in the NBA

Bucksin04

Screw it....just making this post a general trade post. Will edit as necessary.

Washington gets Andre Miller. Denver gets Vesley. Philadelphia gets Maynor and two second-round picks bringing their total haul today up to 4 second rounders. PHILADELPHIA NOW OWNS NINE SECOND ROUND PICKS THIS YEAR

WojYahooNBA: Charlotte has acquired Milwaukee's Luke Ridnour and Gary Neal for Ramon Sessions and Jeff Adrien, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Tyler Zeller for Reggie Bullock is close as well. NOT a DONE DEAL...yet almost dead.
@KBergCBS Discussions of a Tyler Zeller-for-Reggie Bullock trade between Clippers and Cavs have hit a snag. "Not happening," source says.

Last edited:

NML

Hate was the wrong word, but I think he's a worse corch every time I see him. I don't blame him for not being able to stop Melo (no trap for me), but his adjustments are poor, or non existent, and he's extremely frustrating with his rotations.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

So let me get this straight

Vilma gets suspended for a year, our corch gets suspended for a year, we lose draft picks, our DC is exiled, etc, all for rhetorical "bounties" that were simply locker room hyperbole.

Meanwhile, Paul George can put a $1 million dollar bounty on the life of his unborn child.

Are Christian fundamentalists up in arms? What the fuck...

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
@NML

I was probably his biggest defender b/c of how I like his approach to defense, but lately it just seems like he is just struggling to adjust to game situations.

I still think this team will utlimately benefit from the closing lineup of Holiday, Evans, Gordon, Anderson, Davis, but we may never see that lineup again this season.

NML

Granger to da Moose

Also worth noting, pre this deal, Philly has nine second round picks.... 9!!!! As in, like, a third of the second round.

Chief

Lt. Fun Times
To me Turner to the Pacers is an interesting move to me. I think he is perfect for that role of a primary ball handler on bench units. He was never cut out to be a number one or two option, and was always going to be screwed in Philly having that number 2 pick label

Chase

Will be a great bench player but how does that work with Lance's extension in the summer?

Chief

Lt. Fun Times
Will be a great bench player but how does that work with Lance's extension in the summer?
I would think they still try to re-sign Lance. I'm pretty sure Turner is unrestricted after this year so they can just let him walk. This seems to be more of a move to increase their title chances this year, Granger is basically a corpse on a $14 million expiring deal

Chase

Sixers were under the salary floor before the trade.. will be interesting what they do. If they buy him out, the Phil E. Tank squad will all get a nice raise for the rest of the year.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Sixers were under the salary floor before the trade.. will be interesting what they do. If they buy him out, the Phil E. Tank squad will all get a nice raise for the rest of the year.

I prefer Tankadelphia. :laughing:

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The league should just let Sam Hinkie announce the second round of the draft for the next three years. It’d be great! He could come out dressed as Ben Franklin or the Liberty Bell, fans would boo him, and he could start negotiating contracts with every pick onstage. Maybe Allen Iverson could be involved.

:laughing:

colb

Thudner defense is non existent. They've challenged maybe 3 shots so far, that's it.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I blame Westbrook. He comes back and they get smoked.

But seriously, I don't know much about the NBA, but to me, the only team gonna dethrone the Heat is the Pacers. Those West teams don't have what it takes.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Did you miss the T Wolves blowing out the Pacers earlier this week while Paul George was putting a $1MM bounty on the head of his unborn child?

Might as well give Miami the title right now

Evan Turner ain't shit

I would rather have Granger in a 7 game series