• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NBA Thread

osick87

Community Liaison
The Raptors bringing back the purples from their expansion may be enough to get me back into basketball.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
The thunder and the suns have scored more points in 3 quarters than the heat did in the game vs the spurs.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Was it? I was watching it and it seemed lower going into the 4th. The Heat were stuck around 74 for like 5 minutes it seemed in the 3rd.

Who knows...I was at the gym just keeping an eye on it between sets

bruin

giphy.gif

MitchKupchakIsDone.gif

Chief

Lt. Fun Times
I absolutely love Phil Jackson, more than most people, and I have a ton of respect for him.

However, I would be extremely skeptical about bringing him into the front office. One, the amount of money he would demand to lure him out of retirement would probably be prohibitive. Especially considering that...I just don't get what his team building chops are. Yes, he's obviously a brilliant basketball coaching mind. But that works best when he already has transcendent talent to work with from a coaching perspective. When you are a GM, that knowledge just doesn't come into play as much. Give me a younger, cheaper, analytically inclined GM today and going forward.

Chief

Lt. Fun Times
And it's so, so perfect that it's the Knicks who want him. They are just never, ever going to learn, and it's so awesome. It's like performance art at this point

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Damn why couldn't the Bulls tank this season, Parker would look so nice coming home

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Guess not...

He's a rapper who has a huge Internet following. That's about all there is to know really. He's kind of weird but he seems pretty happy haha.

I''m not sure how good he is, I've actually never heard any of his songs.

sayo

YEET
That rebound to dunk then scramble for the ball next possession... Classic Westbrook. Caught myself rooting for the Lakers. What's wrong with me?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
This Thudner team has serious defensive problems, especially without Sefolosha and Perkins. They'd better get their shit together in the playoffs.

Russ gonna Russ.

sayo

YEET
Can a team be more hateable than the rockets? They've shot 20 fts in the first half and generally have gotten favorable calls as you'd expect from a home team, but geez they complain so much.

sayo

YEET
Blazers have closed like shit recently. Frustrating to watch only exacerbated by seeing Beverly and Harden flop all over the court. Lin was clutch as hell and Harden hit some big shots. I don't know what is going on in the huddle, but it seems like portland is the worst inbounding team in late game situations I've seen in the nba. Are they setting shit screens? Batum a garbage trigger man? That with missed shots late is going to give me a stroke.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
The Rockets slide in right after the Clippers on my hate list. The Heat have fallen down to #3 as Lebron has graduated from eminently hate-able and oblivious douchebag to a guy who is self-aware and having fun as a villain.

And yeah, the Thunder have just hit the skids since Sefalosha went out. Nobody even tries to play defense except Serge.

Last edited:

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Add me to the list of haters of the Rockets. Saw Howard is sporting a mohawk now. Hmmmm

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I didn't know the Rockets were so hated. I like Lin a lot. Then again, I've watched 2-3 NBA games this year and 0 full ones.

I forgot Howard plays for them. That explains some of the hate.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Actually it starts with harden. He owns the refs. He just runs into a defender giving up ground and just flails his arms in the air and gets rewarded with free throws

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Harden is unique because he is one of the few guys who will drive and go up with his dominant hand at the defender. That draws alot of his fouls as defenders are used to guys using their off arm and body to shield the ball when driving.

And then he goes and hits daggers.

sayo

YEET
Harden is unique because he is one of the few guys who will drive and go up with his dominant hand at the defender. That draws alot of his fouls as defenders are used to guys using their off arm and body to shield the ball when driving.

And then he goes and hits daggers.
My problem is the embellishment. Like reel said, he plays the refs and that just isn't fun to watch. There was a point tonight where he was 2-11 from the field but had like 18 points. How is that fun to watch?

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Did OKC really lose to a team that started these clowns- Ryan Kelly, Wesley Johnson, Pau, Jodie Meeks, and Kendall Marshall? This is the worst errrzzz.gif team I can remember in almost 30 years

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I didn't know the Rockets were so hated. I like Lin a lot. Then again, I've watched 2-3 NBA games this year and 0 full ones.

I forgot Howard plays for them. That explains some of the hate.

Well Howard makes it so easy to hate him. Harden's head snapping and flopping bugged me even when he was with the Thudner, and Patrick Beverly's hatchet job on Westbrook last year solidifies the hate as far as I'm concerned.

usnfish

The Rockets just aren't fun to watch. A lot of that is the two games I've seen with the Pelicans. Combined the Pels lost two games by 11 points. The Rockets have attempted 36 more FTs combined in those two games.

Problem for OKC is not only are the Rockets looking good for the playoffs, they are 2 games back of OKC. If the Thunder can't hang their "best regular season record" banner over Houston in just the second year after Harden is gone...