• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NBA Thread

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
When Lebron is hitting his outside shot like that he is totally un-guardable. He could score 80-100 if he really went for it. Luckily for the rest of the NBA that doesn't happen too often.

Last edited:

Bucksin04

LeBron had 61 points and didn't have a single dunk last night. That's decent I suppose.

Cleveland fans are freaking out because LeBron is expected to be in attendance Saturday night when the Cavs retire Zydrunas Ilgauskas's number. Cleveland gon' Cleveland.

Chase

If he 3peats, why would he leave? No income tax, is liked again, probably cheating on his wife with a white skripper.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

I think you underestimate the melanin content of our scrippers

they are at least 61% tan

1653429_10104840437136991_1692823008_n.jpg

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Thudner vs. Moose tonight. This is the kind of game the Thunder often manage to lose, although I think Philly might throw the towel boy out there if there's a chance of that happening.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Thudner vs. Moose tonight. This is the kind of game the Thunder often manage to lose, although I think Philly might throw the towel boy out there if there's a chance of that happening.

Hell, I'm waiting by the phone for call from the Moose. I figure they're in the market for a slow 5 foot 10 inch power forward. I'll even guard Durant. :laughing:

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Westbrook with a triple double against Moose. He's prolly done for the night. KD must surely be exiting shortly as well.

Tank you very much. :thumbsup:

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
In 21 minutes haha.

Man, if that's how Brett Brown is every game, I can't believe he's still alive this far into the season.

Hes publicly said that he'll be surprised if the Tank wins another game this season. They need two wins to hit the over of 16.5 wins on the season.

Bucksin04

The Moose are making a hard run at the 2010-11 Cavs 26 game losing streak. Never thought that record would be broken but here we are.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Russ comes back and plays average leading to a 4 game losing streak and every pundit asking "Is Russ the problem?"

Russ after the last 3
yNaJ44V.gif

I swear there is not a player in any sport who is more satisfying to watch play well for me. Mame trogs at people who come into his work, I trog at people who bring that weak shit about Russ at me.

Bucksin04

Russ comes back and plays average leading to a 4 game losing streak and every pundit asking "Is Russ the problem?"

Russ after the last 3
yNaJ44V.gif

I swear there is not a player in any sport who is more satisfying to watch play well for me. Mame's trogs at people who come into his work, I trog at people who bring that weak shit about Russ at me.

Check out Zach Lowe's Twitter timeline right now. He is destroying people that say the Thudner are better without Russ.

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
they should ask him about Harden

Funny you bring that up, in Simmons' latest mail bag he chops up another Thunder fan for emailing him trying to justify the trade. I don't care how many 15,000 word articles he writes to sound self important, I'll always like him for that.

sayo

YEET
I may not be the biggest Thudner fan, but man I love Russ a little bit more for that as well. Not only is dude one of the most entertaining players, but polarizing as well. I still can't believe the trog hatership that has followed him to be honest.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
What really gets me about the Westbrook haters is how many of them aren't even Thudner fans. It's like a trick or something. "C'mon, you guys are better without him."

Fuck off. I don't think I've ever derived more personal pleasure out of a guy's success who I didn't know personally. I love Serge and I love Durant, but Westbrook is a force of nature. He's got militant defiance permanently etched in his face in a smile.

Simmons asked snarkily in his last post what it would take for Thunder fans to turn on their management (because teams in 1st place and having their best season in history should be pissing their fans off), well there it is. If they did Westbrook wrong I'd be pissed.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
So i've been thinking about this past years draft class and with the exception of maybe 2 guys, what in the hell is everyone else doing?

I mean at one point, Otto Porter was being considered to be a no. 1 pick. What has he done in Washington? Trey Burke, Shabazz? I see Hardaway Jr. has made a nice role for himself, but other than that.

Im asking b/c i genuinely dont know.

1. Cleveland Cavaliers: PF Anthony Bennett, UNLV
2. Orlando Magic: SG Victor Oladipo, Indiana
3. Washington Wizards: SF Otto Porter Jr., Georgetown
4. Charlotte Bobcats: C Cody Zeller, Indiana
5. Phoenix Suns: C Alex Len, Maryland
6. Philadelphia 76ers (via New Orleans Pelicans): C Nerlens Noel, Kentucky
7. Sacramento Kings: SG Ben McLemore, Kansas
8. Detroit Pistons: SG Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Georgia
9. Utah Jazz (via Minnesota Timberwolves): PG Trey Burke, Michigan
10. Portland Trail Blazers: SG C.J. McCollum, Lehigh
11. Philadelphia 76ers: PG Michael Carter-Williams, Syracuse
12. Oklahoma City Thunder: C Steven Adams, Pittsburgh
13. Boston Celtics (via Dallas Mavericks): C Kelly Olynyk, Gonzaga
14. Minnesota Timberwolves (via Utah Jazz): SF Shabazz Muhammad, UCLA
15. Milwaukee Bucks: SF Giannis Antetokounmpo, Greece
16. Atlanta Hawks (via Dallas Mavericks, Boston Celtics): C Lucas Nogueira, Brazil
17. Atlanta Hawks: PG Dennis Schroeder, Germany
18. Dallas Mavericks (via Atlanta Hawks): PG Shane Larkin, Miami (Fla.)
19. Cleveland Cavaliers: SF Sergey Karasev, Russia
20. Chicago Bulls: SG Tony Snell, New Mexico
21. Minnesota Timberwolves (via Utah Jazz): C Gorgui Dieng, Louisville
22. Brooklyn Nets: C Mason Plumlee, Duke
23. Indiana Pacers: SF Solomon Hill, Arizona
24. New York Knicks: SG Tim Hardaway Jr., Michigan
25. Los Angeles Clippers: SF Reggie Bullock, North Carolina
26. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Golden State Warriors, Minnesota Timberwolves): SF Andre Roberson, Colorado
27. Utah Jazz (via Denver Nuggets): C Rudy Gobert, France
28. San Antonio Spurs: SF Livio Jean-Charles, French Guiana
29. Phoenix Suns (via Golden State Warriors, Oklahoma City Thunder): SG Archie Goodwin, Kentucky
30. Golden State Warriors (via Phoenix Suns): PG Nemanja Nedovic, Serbia

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
So i've been thinking about this past years draft class and with the exception of maybe 2 guys, what in the hell is everyone else doing?

I mean at one point, Otto Porter was being considered to be a no. 1 pick. What has he done in Washington? Trey Burke, Shabazz? I see Hardaway Jr. has made a nice role for himself, but other than that.

Im asking b/c i genuinely dont know.
You're seeing why last years class was considered one of the worst draft classes ever.

Reel

Community Liaison
anything.

I have no clue what most of these guys have done/are doing this season. I guess I'm interested in more of the higher profile names that had the nba blogs blazing going into the draft (see names i mentioned in my previous post) and not the obscure Euro guys that werent going to play this year anyway.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
anything.

I have no clue what most of these guys have done/are doing this season. I guess I'm interested in more of the higher profile names that had the nba blogs blazing going into the draft (see names i mentioned in my previous post) and not the obscure Euro guys that werent going to play this year anyway.

It was in the running for the worst draft ever.
Teams knew this and threw darts at the board never expecting them to pan out.
Players who weren't ready entered this draft for elevated draft status (especially JRs if there were any) due to this year's being so deep

That's basically it. Adams has been okay in OKC, will be a decent back up big.

Reel

Community Liaison
well damn lol

and g8r is still pissed the pels didnt take Noel

so how was that rookie/sophmore game then? I didnt see it

Reel

Community Liaison
Saw this about Jeff Whithey

39. Portland Trail Blazers: C Jeff Withey, Kansas
Withey is a shot-blocker but not much else. Still, he has good defensive instincts and could play in the NBA. Grade: C+

I strongly disagree. His motor and basketball IQ are through the roof. He wont fill up the stat sheet, but his hustle is just amazing and actually has decent feet despite his lack of lateral quickness. But has great hands when he receives the dump off penetration passes from guards, and really knows how to defend without fouling which is soemthing the pels need when you still have Steisma on a roster.

sayo

YEET
I've liked what McCollum has shown off the bench. He's missed time due to his foot injury and has loss some minutes lately with Barton playing solid. He's a good scoring guard off the bench and gives Portland what they need from that spot. Not sure if he'll develop into anything more than a solid bench guy though. Defense leaves a lot to be desired but he's nowhere near as bad as Lillard or Barton.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think there will be some solid role players out of that class but nothing to good. It was just really bad

Reel

Community Liaison
Even black people go straight to the rote white athlete stereotypes. Interesting.

compared to Steisma and Ajinca, this is great news for him. He may crack the rotation as a consistent contributor should the pels let go one or both of them. This also assumes that they stick with Jason Smith once he comes back from injury.

Reel

Community Liaison
I think there will be some solid role players out of that class but nothing to good. It was just really bad​

I looked at the second round and man is it bad. I didnt even wanna post those picks.

One thing Simmons has been pissing me off with lately was calling the Pelicans/Sixers trade dumb for the pelicans while totally disregarding how injuries at key positions have played a large role in their poor record this season. They traded an unproven prospect coming off a bad ACL tear for an "all star" guard who was lightyears better than any other guard on their roster and who was playing at a very good level prior to going down with an injury.

Im not gonna get all technical with stats, but the eyeball test showed that it was a win for both teams. The pels got the guard they wanted and the sixers got a young piece that they knew wasnt probably going to play at all this season. How was this a bad deal? Is it because of the top 5 protected pick? I still think should the pels not have a pick, they stand a better chance of addressing their need at SF via FA vs a draft pick they hope can come in and contribute immediately.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

You can still get a solid pick outside of the top 5 in this year's class (you know, the deepest one in the history of the NBA)

Reel

Community Liaison
You can still get a solid pick outside of the top 5 in this year's class (you know, the deepest one in the history of the NBA)​

Eric Gordon will be traded on draft day. Book it

and the pels dont need solid. Franchises like San Antonio, Miami, OKC, can use solid players. Pels need immediate contribution guys

Brick

compared to Steisma and Ajinca, this is great news for him. He may crack the rotation as a consistent contributor should the pels let go one or both of them. This also assumes that they stick with Jason Smith once he comes back from injury.

So Monty Williams is still dedicated to having at least 4 stiff ogres on the roster at all times. Good to hear.

Guy is the worst. Should have been fired yesterday. I haven't watched a second this year.

Reel

Community Liaison
So Monty Williams is still dedicated to having at least 4 stiff ogres on the roster at all times. Good to hear.

Guy is the worst. Should have been fired yesterday. I haven't watched a second this year.

yep, but im sorry to hear you arent watching. Dont let your distaste for monty keep you from witnessing Davis' greatness. He was absolutely on fire in the first half last night. Not sure why they went away from him in the second, but watch him and not monty

Bucksin04

Anthony Bennett has been not terrible over the better part of a month. Granted, this is like the Bluth Company going from a triple sell to a don't buy rating, but still. It's something. He's nowhere close to good but is at least edging toward being classified as competent, so us Cavs fans have that going for us which is nice.

atlbraves

anything.

giannis-ante.jpg

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I've probably read 5,000 words on Giannis/Bucks at grantland and I look over and realize I still have 1/4 left. FFFFUUUUUUUU