• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Thunder send backup PG D.J. Augustin, backup SF/SG Steve Novak, and two 2nd rounders to Denver for Randy Foye. Opens up a roster spot and generates a trade exception. OKC also saves about $8 million in tax money.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
iirc, Foye has developed a decent 3pt shot

that might prove to be useful if he can crack the rotation

but 2 second rounders? They probably werent gonna play or they were gonna be relatively picks at the bottom of the round so...

evil1

Having seen Foye play here in Denver, he is essentially a more reliable version of Waiters. His stats have dipped this year, but that is more of an indication of his accepted role. He is some one who can safely run an offense without looking for his shot first.

I think Denver made this deal because they have been really happy with the recent 2nd round draft picks on their team, particularly the European players Nikola Jokic and Joffrey Lauvergne. I get the sense that they may be earmarking these 2nd round picks for other young European players that they have noticed.

MSUFanatic

Can't wait to see the scoring prowess Frye brings to the Cavs lmao. What a terrible move. You already have a stretch 4 that can't guard anyone.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Why did Memphis trade Green for Stephenson? Da hell
Memphis ain't competing for anything, especially with Gasol going down probably for the year.

Green is a FA after this season and Memphis wasn't gonna bring him back. So Memphis used him to get a 1st rounder out of LAC, on the condition they take Stephenson. Which is fine for Memphis because Lance has a team option they can decline for next year.

evil1

Any deal resulting in Lance Stephenson being on your team cannot be considered to be a "great" deal. But I think it is a minor win-win for both sides.

Memphis gets a first rounder and a suitable replacement for a player leaving in two months. For the Clippers, Lance Stephenson may be more talented than Green, but chemistry wise this may be a better fit.

atlbraves

Can't wait to see the scoring prowess Frye brings to the Cavs lmao. What a terrible move. You already have a stretch 4 that can't guard anyone.

He's still an big upgrade over Varejao and whose game fell off a cliff in the last year, and they save some money with the deal. Also they cleared up a roster spot in advance of the buyout season (also traded 14th man Jared Cunningham).

evil1

The Varejao trade helps mitigate one of the dumber financial decisions made by the Cavs, namely the $10 million per year contract extension they gave him. Even if Frye gives them next to nothing, it will still more than what Varejao has been giving them and will also save them about $8 million dollars.

MSUFanatic

He's still an big upgrade over Varejao and whose game fell off a cliff in the last year, and they save some money with the deal. Also they cleared up a roster spot in advance of the buyout season (also traded 14th man Jared Cunningham).

A big upgrade? You're right the guy who's hit double digits in scoring 3 times this year is a beast. I understand the money move, but they still gave up a 1st rounder and albeit a late one I'd rather keep that then a salary dump when the cap is going up 30 million next year.

Bucksin04

Frye is shooting 50% on catch and shoot unguarded jumpers and 50% on pick and pop plays (most of which are 3s). In the Cavs offense he's going to get a ton of wide open catch and shoot unguarded jumpers and pick and pop plays.

The idea isn't to play Love and Frye together on the floor. It's to play Frye in a "Love Lite" role when Love is on the bench so you can still have a stretch 4 out there with either LeBron and/or Kyrie, whoever happens to be running with the second unit.

MSUFanatic

Frye is shooting 50% on catch and shoot unguarded jumpers and 50% on pick and pop plays (most of which are 3s). In the Cavs offense he's going to get a ton of wide open catch and shoot unguarded jumpers and pick and pop plays.

The idea isn't to play Love and Frye together on the floor. It's to play Frye in a "Love Lite" role when Love is on the bench so you can still have a stretch 4 out there with either LeBron and/or Kyrie, whoever happens to be running with the second unit.

He sucks the Cavs have no shot to win the title just give up and get ready for the Browns.

Here's the thing without any trolling. The Cavs should steam roll the East and get into the West so I look at the Frye trade as how does it help beat the Warriors? In my judgement, it hardly moves a needle to making the Cavs anymore a contender to beat the Warriors now with Frye. I doubt anyone would want to see Frye on the floor in the last 5 minutes of a game because Draymong would literally eat his soul.

Last edited:

Bucksin04

He sucks the Cavs have no shot to win the title just give up and get ready for the Browns.

Here's the thing without any trolling. The Cavs should steam roll the East and get into the West so I look at the Frye trade as how does it help beat the Warriors? In my judgement, it hardly moves a needle to making the Cavs anymore a contender to beat the Warriors now with Frye. I doubt anyone would want to see Frye on the floor in the last 5 minutes of a game because Draymong would literally eat his soul.

The last time the Cavs made a move to beat a team that beat them in the previous year, it was in 2010 when they got Shaq because he was supposed to be a Dwight Howard stopper after Dwight destroyed the Cavs in 2009. Then they ended up facing Boston in the playoffs and got knocked out. It's not a smart move to design your team to beat a single team plus even if it was smart, I'm not sure there was a move out there that would make them better equipped to beat the Warriors. They're a better team than they were yesterday morning and if they get to the Finals, they have a chance at a title which is a good position to be in.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Thun-er getting run off their own floor by a Cleveland team playing without Irving, Shumpert, and Williams. LOL embarrassing.

Reel

Community Liaison
Watching AD yesterday gave me chills

so good...

him and Jrue were doing werk

Reel

Community Liaison
Man goes out and had a league setting performance and still gets flack from you'll. Smh

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
So I'm reading some shit on this failed Rockets/Pistons trade and it popped up with the failed Tyson Chandler trade to OKC? I had no idea what that was a thing.

So OKC could have rolled out a Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Chandler lineup. Wow.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Trolling @Reel about the Pels.

shooting-fish.jpg

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
So I'm reading some shit on this failed Rockets/Pistons trade and it popped up with the failed Tyson Chandler trade to OKC? I had no idea what that was a thing.

So OKC could have rolled out a Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Chandler lineup. Wow.

Yeah, it was almost a DONE DEAL, but Chandler failed the physical administered by the OKC medical staff so it fell through and he went back to New Orleans for another year before ending up in Dallas.

Brick

when are the playoffs? someone tag me in this thread when the thudner are on the ropes. i'll get my lube and tissues ready.