• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
LtaD1X.jpg

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Man hach tripping
Gentlemen, Nutopians. My belief is that a team that had a losing season finishes with a win when they get rid of their coach. It is worth celebrating. It is sports. It is....to die for.

The Lakers have ended a year of not playing proper basketball outside of Master Mamba by getting rid of the trash that is Byron Scott. I have ran out of champagne, so don't come asking me for booze. Bring your own grog, bring you own bombs, bring your own can of whoop-ass. Danke und #MambaOUT.

Last edited:

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Frankly surprised that the Erzzzzz fired Byron. That he was no better than Mike Brown or Mike D'Antoni (and in a lot of ways, probably worse) didn't seem to matter as he was a Laker Guy, and that Kobe tolerated him as the coach.

Not sure who the Lakers are angling toward getting, however. Until the next Hall of Fame caliber player somehow ends up in their laps, the Erzzz are going to be in the wilderness of perennial lottery team for the forseeable future.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

I was listening to a Bill Burr and Ari Schafir podcast from like 2012 and theywere tombout how the Lakerzzz were going to be a perennial powerhouse, forever buying talent like the Yankees. At the time I think the Erzzz had Dwight, Kobe, Gasol.

evil1

I was listening to a Bill Burr and Ari Schafir podcast from like 2012 and theywere tombout how the Lakerzzz were going to be a perennial powerhouse, forever buying talent like the Yankees. At the time I think the Erzzz had Dwight, Kobe, Gasol.

The problem was that Dwight Howard was never the superstar he thought he was (see the last 4 years in Houston); the Erzzz front office ruined what they had with Gasol by continuously putting him on the trade block and then not trading him; and the Steve Nash trade was simply a bust.

Byron Scott is a fall guy to a certain extent but when you have two of the worst years in franchise history, you really can't complain if you get fired. To me, Scott is like the coordinator or position coach in football who doesn't have what it takes to be a good head coach. He (as well as the front office) doesn't appear to have that overarching vision in terms of X's and O's of how the team should play.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
That right there undid the lakers for years. That and the Buss kids.

Is Del Harris available?!

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I think Golden State can beat the Clippers even without Curry. They can't beat SA though.
Yes. They'll take 6 or 7 but still beat the Clips. SA? Little to no chance. Conference Finals start in 22 days though.

Brick

clipz and thunder are the same poser tough jv squad guy teams. only thing they're winning is douchy technical/flagrant standings.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Yeah, I'll take the legal pot and deal with fuckshit streams a couple times of years

There was a lot of energy in the arena in Game 3 and it's not there so far in the early going. Even without Bosh the Heat are clearly the more talented team, and wiith no Batum..I'd be happy if the Hornets won one more game.

Wolfman21

If the heat shoot well from the outside, they'll beat the hornets. They're still a couple pieces away. They'd be so much better with a healthy MKG

Also, hassan Whiteside is a bitch, haha.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Yeah, I'll take the legal pot and deal with fuckshit streams a couple times of years

There was a lot of energy in the arena in Game 3 and it's not there so far in the early going. Even without Bosh the Heat are clearly the more talented team, and wiith no Batum..I'd be happy if the Hornets won one more game.
You forgot about 1 thing...

BOJANGLES

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison

Nba reditt has an awesome HD stream right now

S/o to osick and kella

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
R
I'm so happy Mark Cuban just pushed RUSS to a probable triple double tonight

Cuban dissed Russ's new fashion line but it was Damon's backing they Russ was really after "I want your distribution network and your mentor ship, Damon we have a deal."

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
R

Cuban dissed Russ's new fashion line but it was Damon's backing they Russ was really after "I want your distribution network and your mentor ship, Damon we have a deal."

idk what that means but he said Thudner only have one superstar, RUSS is a mere All Star. RUSS GON BREAK HIS FOOT OFF IN MARK'S BUM