• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

Bucksin04

What are the chances Adam Silver digs up Joey Crawford and Dick Bavetta for the Cavs-Raptors game tonight to ensure that he's not left with an OKC-TOR Finals?

CJ_24

The circle of life: 73 win Pyrite State gon' lose to Oklahoma City. Some 20 years back the 72 win Chicago Bulls beat Seattle in the finals.

Last edited:

Tailback U

Looked like a foul to me since he got part of his hand (pause it at 18sec) as well as the ball but they aren't calling anything down low for the Warriors because they don't go hard to the hoop.

Warriors just missing a ton of layups and getting dominated in the paint. Couple that with not shooting well from the outside, free throw line, and playing horrible on defense and you got a 3-1 deficit. Not hard to see why. OKC is really good..Durant and Russ are arguably both top 5 players. Waiters is playing great and they got size everywhere.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I actually flipped on the game last night. Holy shit, the atmosphere in the arena was terrible. Let's get the crowd into it by playing really annoying shit over the loudspeakers! Shoot me now. Is that just an OKC thing or are all arenas like that in the playoffs?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I don't disagree. If OKC hadn't stolen a team from Seattle, I'd still watch the NBA, but I'd be more invested in the NHL. Hockey was actually my first favorite sport, which is weird for a kid from :oklahoma:.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I don't disagree. If OKC hadn't stolen a team from Seattle, I'd still watch the NBA, but I'd be more invested in the NHL. Hockey was actually my first favorite sport, which is weird for a kid from :oklahoma:.

Same here. Also from :oklahoma:

Mostly because of NHLPA '93 and NHL '94. As a result of playing those games, I watched the '94 Finals between the Rangers and Canucks and I've been hooked ever since.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
NHL 94 still da GOAT. My copy along with my Genesis got stolen. 95 was still pretty good, doe.

My soccer team at the time was corched by a big Red Wings fan and once a season, he'd throw in some cash and we'd get as many players and parents as we could and drive down to Dallas to watch a Stars game. Also went to Blazers games all the time. We even played a bunch of roller hockey against each other in the offseason.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Looked like a foul to me since he got part of his hand (pause it at 18sec) as well as the ball but they aren't calling anything down low for the Warriors because they don't go hard to the hoop.

Warriors just missing a ton of layups and getting dominated in the paint. Couple that with not shooting well from the outside, free throw line, and playing horrible on defense and you got a 3-1 deficit. Not hard to see why. OKC is really good..Durant and Russ are arguably both top 5 players. Waiters is playing great and they got size everywhere.

Warriors honestly looked like complete asscheeks disregarding the Thunder's excellent play. they are SHOOK. So many lazy passes and unforced errors. Curry playing like a lil sourdough fuckboi cause his shot isn't falling and he is getting mobbed all over the court; missing free throws, making bad passes and being an overall non-factor. Draymong Green is getting bullied all over the court.Silver is playing 11th dimensional chess by not suspeding Draymong and letting him embarrass hisself. Honestly he should get benched or lose a bunch of minutes to Ezeli, they look like a completely different squadron with him out there. If it wasn't for Klay Thompson going super sayian in the 3rd that game would have been another 40 point blowout. He is the only person who showed up.

Warriors are selling out to stop Bestbrook and Durant but Roberson is killing them on the boards and with his cuts and known fraudster Waiters is hitting his jumpers. there's basically nothing Draymond or Steph can do defensively against this team. OKC is bigger, taller, and stronger at every position and you have two undersized dudes out there. because of this, GSW can't really switch or they get annihilated for doing so.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Not surprised at all if true. I'll admit, I've watched very little of this series due to work but he hasn't looked right in the times I've watched. A lot of people have pointed to That game 4 in Portland but the Blazers play at a much slower pace than Thunder.

Yeah, he's not himself. GS should have rested him more and brought him back later. Add to that the physicality and quickness of OKC's defense, and he hasn't had a chance to really get going outside of that 3rd quarter burst in Game 2.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah, he's not himself. GS should have rested him more and brought him back later. Add to that the physicality and quickness of OKC's defense, and he hasn't had a chance to really get going outside of that 3rd quarter burst in Game 2.
They had a bunch of days between POR and RUSS series. I think the issues just need longer to heal. But it's very obvious he's not close to 100%. He just doesn't have the change of direction and lift on jumpers.

OKCs defense has been good but he faces physical and bigger guys all the time. He isn't a super athlete but needs some quickness and burst and he hasn't really shown either. He also usually puts his body on the line a couple times per game near the basket and has been reluctant to do that.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Respect to Curry and Corch Kerr for not making it an issue, though. Thompson has been the only player who has attempted to pick up the slack consistently. Green was a -73 in OKC.

doh

Respect to Curry and Corch Kerr for not making it an issue, though. Thompson has been the only player who has attempted to pick up the slack consistently. Green was a -73 in OKC.
Yeah. I think OKC has made him a bit apprehensive around the rim but if it was an issue dealing with their athleticism/size alone he wouldn't be a good NBA player let alone MVP. I just heard on radio he was 0-5 on uncontested 3s.

I think overall Billy D has done a damn good job of making the Warriors play on OKCs terms. He hasn't adjusted to the Warriors small ball and it was ugly game 2 but he stayed the course and it's paying off.

The DUBS really need Bogut for the first time this series and his abductor is hurt/he hasn't been good at all. Ezeli makes it 4 on 5 on offense, Speights can't play any D and Varejao is slower than half the people on this board.

evil1

Golden State's main problem has probably been their defense. I don't care if Curry is 100% or not, if you give up 70pts in a half two games in a row, you are going to lose.

doh

Golden State's main problem has probably been their defense. I don't care if Curry is 100% or not, if you give up 70pts in a half two games in a row, you are going to lose.
I agree. I think Bogut having his feet in concrete kills their D. Also Ezeli is good defensively but he's 7-21 in the series on FTs so the "hack" strategy from Billy has been smart to get him out of the game. Livingston has been one of their biggest keys to defense and he looks done for playoffs/has been the worst rotation player in the series. He's never played this much in a season and had to carry a huge load when Curry was out.

The Warriors are actually doing a decent job on RUSS and KD. They're both shooting under their regular season numbers. But second chance points, bad turnovers and Roberson/Waiters are murdering them.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Yeah, I hate "want it more" arguments generally, but I think it really does a lot of the work here. The Thunder work harder on the glass, they work harder for steals, they work harder for loose balls.

I suppose you can argue that what looks like an effort advantage is really just them being bigger, stronger, and quicker, so IDK. It's hard to compare what's going on in anyone's head. I *can* say that this Thudner group is flamethrowing an intensity that I didn't see from them at all during the regular season and didn't really see in the playoffs until now.

So the Thudner have definitely committed. Whether GS lacks effort or just can't handle being punched in the mouth is an unanswerable question. They sure do seem a bit pouty to me. Not "bitch at the refs" pouty, but walking around with their heads down and not really reacting to being challenged.

I think so far this is the play that most sticks out to me on that front, from Game 3:

Yeah he commits a foul or two on the play, but there's three warriors standing there and RUSS is ready to tear all their arms off if they want to challenge for that ball. So they don't.

CJ_24

Or, maybe the Rhudner are a bunch of crazy people, because crazy people live in :oklahoma: .

Cf.
150925_deport_obama.jpg

Tailback U

All these Bay Area bitchmaids making excuses about injuries. Like your run last year wasn't against depleted squads.

Own it faggots

It gives me great pleasure to see so much hate for the Warriors on so many platforms.

I would take this pathetic gleeful malice from these bitch ass haters a million times over. Far better than being the anonymous laughing stock of the nba for 20 years, just hoping that they could keep it within even 10 every single game.

Steph, Klay, and Draymond ain't going nowhere. I look forward to watching them compete for championships for the next decade while the haters pop up to talk shit and criticize them for winning because of "luck" should they fall short of winning it all. Keep it coming haters. Draymond Green loves you.

Al that said, this series ain't over.

doh

All of the great Dodger and Laker seasons have made @bruin/LA fans rooting against the Warriors/Giants the only thing they can do playoff time. It's cute.

Tailback U

If any team can come back from 3-1 down against an OKC team playing at this level, it's the Warriors. I'm not celebrating unless OKC wins it all.

Warriors won 24 in a row to open the season. They can win this series but they got their work cut out for them.

Billy D has done a great job of slowing them down whenever they seem to get something going. Warriors have also shot poorly but I credit that to OKC's physical defense. But if golden state can stop turning the ball over, shoot better, and rebound better then they can easily win the next game. The game after that I am more concerned about.

bruin

It gives me great pleasure to see so much hate for the Warriors on so many platforms.

I would take this pathetic gleeful malice from these bitch ass haters a million times over. Far better than being the anonymous laughing stock of the nba for 20 years, just hoping that they could keep it within even 10 every single game.

Steph, Klay, and Draymond ain't going nowhere. I look forward to watching them compete for championships for the next decade while the haters pop up to talk shit and criticize them for winning because of "luck" should they fall short of winning it all. Keep it coming haters. Draymond Green loves you.

Al that said, this series ain't over.

Lmao.

DUBS

zoltan

Idk if the Thunder can lose. Westbrook is possessed out there.

Curry is too smooth and full of finesse. Its gonna take another titan to take him (Westbrook) down.

Enter playoff LeBron. And no not the lebron we've been seeing throughout this years playoffs, im talking about playoff LeBron, the guy that carries fucking hardddd.

He could beat them. Thats about it.

One thing is for sure, if the Thunder win it all they definitely deserved the shit in full. They've had a tough ass road to get there.

Mavs, Spurs, Warriors, Cavs. That's definitely no tainted championship.