• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

Tailback U

The turnovers and the rebounds are the issue. Giving OKC multiple chances to score has taken away the Warriors transition game and turning the ball over is automatic points for Durant and Russ.

If they can't improve in those 2 areas I think it's over.

Bucksin04

The turnovers and the rebounds are the issue. Giving OKC multiple chances to score has taken away the Warriors transition game and turning the ball over is automatic points for Durant and Russ.

I actually thought OKC was dominating the scoring off turnovers battle until I looked it up. OKC is scoring 17 points per game off of GSW turnovers. The Warriors, meanwhile, are scoring 18 points per game off of OKC turnovers. Not getting crushed here is huge for OKC.

The other part is that, as obvious as this sounds, OKC just isn't making stupid mistakes that plagued GSW opponents in the regular season. They're not missing 2 foot game winning layups at the buzzer like the Nets. They're not going 13-29 from the free throw line in an eventual overtime loss like the Jazz. They're not inexplicably throwing the ball up for grabs rather than calling a timeout with the time winding down like...well like Durant did earlier in the year.

Tailback U

I actually thought OKC was dominating the scoring off turnovers battle until I looked it up. OKC is scoring 17 points per game off of GSW turnovers. The Warriors, meanwhile, are scoring 18 points per game off of OKC turnovers. Not getting crushed here is huge for OKC.

Are points off of free throws counted in those stats? Seems like every time GS turns the ball over, Durant or Russ attack the rim and either score or get to the free throw line.

The other part is that, as obvious as this sounds, OKC just isn't making stupid mistakes that plagued GSW opponents in the regular season. They're not missing 2 foot game winning layups at the buzzer like the Nets. They're not going 13-29 from the free throw line in an eventual overtime loss like the Jazz. They're not inexplicably throwing the ball up for grabs rather than calling a timeout with the time winding down like...well like Durant did earlier in the year.
OKC is also playing way better defensively. I've never seen Durant give this kind of effort on D. There really isn't much to say other than OKC is playing smarter fundamentally and more physical inside the paint.

Bucksin04

Are points off of free throws counted in those stats? Seems like every time GS turns the ball over, Durant or Russ attack the rim and either score or get to the free throw line.

OKC is also playing way better defensively. I've never seen Durant give this kind of effort on D. There really isn't much to say other than OKC is playing smarter fundamentally and more physical inside the paint.

Good question. The video appears to be blocked at work, but I pulled those numbers from here: http://stats.nba.com/league/team/#!/misc/?Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Playoffs&DateFrom=05/15/2016&DateTo=05/31/2016
If you click on the numbers under the PTS OFF TO column, it should take you to a video of all of the possessions off of turnovers. Are the free throws included there?

Durant turning into a cross between Kawhi and Draymond was a development I did not see coming.

Last edited:

Brick

"shutting down draymond green"

does he even score 10 points per game? veneration of draymond green is the root of our current intellectual stalemate.

evil1

Hiring D'Antoni ensures Dwight Howard is leaving the Rockets (which was likely going to happen anyway). They might as well go all in with the run n gun offense, but James Harden and Mike D'Antoni might lead to the worst defense ever.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I don't see how this has a chance of going remotely well unless they plan on just playing Harden at PG and surrounding him with atholetes and shooters up and down the roster.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
watching the pregame on TNT and they put bill simmons on. fuckin' a, i thought he was relegated to some show on HBO that no one will watch and hopefully he will disappear after that.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
RUSS shooting like shit, Adams in early foul trouble and OKC is still only down 4 after 1. Gotta keep them from going on a big run before halftime.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
It's amazing how many gs turnovers have come from tipped passes and they still refuse to fake the pass up high then bounce pass it

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Morrow's problem is he's not very quick and if he gets shut down on a shot, it's hard for him to create his own. It also makes him a liability on defense.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Morrow's problem is he's not very quick and if he gets shut down on a shot, it's hard for him to create his own. It also makes him a liability on defense.
iirc, Brooks played him a good deal but for everything he brings offensively, you are spot on about his deficiencies. Loved him as a pel tho

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
iirc, Brooks played him a good deal but for everything he brings offensively, you are spot on about his deficiencies. Loved him as a pel tho

Yeah, if you can find ways to get him open, like wide open, he just needs to hit one and he's in the zone.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Nah, this one was over when that scrub Livingston started scoring. Prolly before that with all of the stupid turnovers. Cannot play this poorly at home on Saturday.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Glad they shot Bogut up with something. Whatever they shot him up with, give Green some too.

evil1

At the end of game 2, I thought maybe Golden State had figured something out with OKC. I was way wrong. I don't think Golden State has anything new strategy wise after this win. Instead, I think it comes down to whether Golden State can play well despite the 100x energy OKC is going to bring in game 6.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
GS killed OKC on the offensive glass and in the paint, and OKC committed a lot of dumb turnovers, and they were still in the game late, even with the DUBS shooting extremely well for most of the game. Rhubarb cuts down on the unforced errors and gets back to rebounding well, and they're in good shape to close out at home.

Bucksin04

CjbLC-gUkAAwnSo.jpg:large