• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

Bucksin04

Not a great sign for the Thudner that they couldn't beat the Cavs who were missing Kyrie, Shumpert, and Mo Williams last night.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Not a great sign for the Thudner that they couldn't beat the Cavs who were missing Kyrie, Shumpert, and Mo Williams last night.

nope. no one outside of the main 3 guys contributed anything. i figured that's what would give OKC a boost this year (the bench and role players), but they've yet to show any consistency in scoring to support RUSS and KD.

evil1

The Sixers made it official and hired Mike D'Antoni as assistant head coach. I'm not sure how he fits in with the personnel though. Running a guard oriented offense like D'Antoni's system does make sense in today's NBA..unless you spent your last three lottery picks on centers and are toying with playing two of them at the same time.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The Sixers made it official and hired Mike D'Antoni as assistant head coach. I'm not sure how he fits in with the personnel though. Running a guard oriented offense like D'Antoni's system does make sense in today's NBA..unless you spent your last three lottery picks on centers and are toying with playing two of them at the same time.

Bart Scott for all the NBA teams playing "by the NBA's rules" and the Sixers return to winning 25-40 games. :thumbsup:

zoltan

yo did yall see KD with the cross on Randle haha that shit was lowkey a carry but got damn it was sick af

Bucksin04

Unrelated but wow is LeBron betting on those Cavs?

He switched up his free throw routine earlier this year after he started out the year being terrible from the line. Now he acts like a spaz every time he misses a free throw. That one in particular, he was mad at because it preverted him from being perfect at the line for the day.

goblue96

Adam Silver states that he isn't a fan of the Sixers strategy but isn't whispering in the owner's ear about how he needs to change strategy. Claims Sixers ownership came up with bringing in Colangelo and D'Antoni on their own.

Jennifer-Lawrence-Okay.gif

evil1

I don't know why Silver would deny this. This is what a good commissioner should do. Silver should have come out and blatantly said "we did not force the Sixers to make this hire, but you are damn right we suggested it. The Sixers are a train wreck that is embarrassing the league and clearly needs all the help it can get."

Apparently, the coach (Brett Brown) is all on board with the D'Antoni hiring and even asked for him. That's a good sign. In other news, in an interview discussing why they hired Mike D'Antoni, Jerry Colangelo said that "If anything, I felt there was, in taking inventory in Philadelphia ... there's kind of a lack of basketball-knowledgeable people." Ouch.

jdlikewhoa

I don't know why Silver would deny this. This is what a good commissioner should do. Silver should have come out and blatantly said "we did not force the Sixers to make this hire, but you are damn right we suggested it. The Sixers are a train wreck that is embarrassing the league and clearly needs all the help it can get."

Apparently, the coach (Brett Brown) is all on board with the D'Antoni hiring and even asked for him. That's a good sign. In other news, in an interview discussing why they hired Mike D'Antoni, Jerry Colangelo said that "If anything, I felt there was, in taking inventory in Philadelphia ... there's kind of a lack of basketball-knowledgeable people." Ouch.
office-space.gif

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
really wish i could find that elusive fuck to give, but, it escapes me

Reel

Community Liaison
Not really

You just need someone to troll into a conversation about the Warriors. That's just not me brah. Sorry to disappoint

evil1

Was at tonight's between the Lakers and the Nuggets. The game turned when the Lakers started feeding Kobe just outside the post. Nuggets defense didn't know how to react when he started getting hot from there. It was way cool to hear the crowd chant KO-BE at the end of the game.

bruin

Doubt they even really care about any other team. CU basketball might be the second biggest game in that state, lol...

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
If I had to guess a #2 team for Colorado it would be the Avalanche, just because they've won something before.

evil1

Hmm, arguing over an often injured starting point guard versus a PF/C who averages 10 pts and 8 rebs per game. Indeed, which of these midgets is taller.

goblue96

Two second round picks to the Pels for Ish Smith. THIS is why Colangelo will be GM of the Year for the 2016-17 season.

Reel

Community Liaison
Two second round picks to the Pels for Ish Smith. THIS is why Colangelo will be GM of the Year for the 2016-17 season.
Really confused by that trade. I thought ish was exactly what gentry's offense needed. If the pels had a history of actually doing something with second round picks, i wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Would've traded cole instead. After watching today's game,i think it's pretty safe to say Evans is out of nola.

CJ_24

The NBA doesn't have the same zest to me for some reason. There used to be a number of stars that I liked to watch play ball, but I don't feel the same star power is there. I'm sure the star power is there, and the true culprit is that I'm not as attuned to the game anymore.

I'm in discussion with some friends to go see the t-wolves at some point this year, and when I looked at the schedule, there are maybe 4 teams I'd like to see play (GS, San Antonio, Cleveland [for Lebron], and OKC [for Westbrook]). 5-8 years ago, I think the list of teams/players I'd liked to have seen play ball would have been twice as long.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
The NBA doesn't have the same zest to me for some reason. There used to be a number of stars that I liked to watch play ball, but I don't feel the same star power is there. I'm sure the star power is there, and the true culprit is that I'm not as attuned to the game anymore.

I'm in discussion with some friends to go see the t-wolves at some point this year, and when I looked at the schedule, there are maybe 4 teams I'd like to see play (GS, San Antonio, Cleveland [for Lebron], and OKC [for Westbrook]). 5-8 years ago, I think the list of teams/players I'd liked to have seen play ball would have been twice as long.

The law. That is your passion now.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Interested in Steph Curry/NBA plan to end gun violence.

Not resigning Gilbert Arenas was a solid start. What's the next step?