• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 NFL Offseason/Draft Thread

R2D2

@whiteyc_77 There is definitely room for optimism in Buffalo. I believe the only reason question mark on the team is QB. If Manuel plays well, I could see them going 9-7/10-6. Only problem is, it's Manuel. Who knows what they'll get out of him. LeSean McCoy should ease the Bills' offensive woes. Realistically though, I see an 8-8 team.

bruin

Charlie Weis made Matt Cassel competent in 2010.

Then a week before the playoffs he quit on the team for the Florida OC job and the Chiefs got whooped up on by Baltimore, lol.

Heisman06

Dolphins 1st team offense looked
good on their one and only drive. Offense hasn't done much since they left the field.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Dolphins 1st team offense looked
good on their one and only drive. Offense hasn't done much since they left the field.
Tannehill was accurate as fuck. Landry is the steal of the 2014 class. Miller also busted that long run. Speaking of long runs, I was sad to see G8R Gillislee make like 30 yd run hurdling fools only to get stripped. Two G8R lbs Jelani Jenkins and Jon Bostic were in this game but I didnt really see them make any plays. But man Landry is gonna be good. What do you think about the Clay departure? Is Dion Sims on the 1st team now?

How LSU had OBJ and Landry and Mettenberger and Jeremy Hill and Eric Reid and Honey Badger and Mingo and Jalen Collins and Lael Collins killed 5 hookers and didnt win an NC or even the SEC is...absurd

At least they stomped oregon to shut brick up for a few weeks

Last edited:

Heisman06

- Landry is indeed a stud. One of my favorite players to watch on the team.

- I think Bostic is still recovering from an injury but Jelani made a few plays for us. Had good coverage down field on Martellus once and was around the ball.

- Clay's production and chemistry with Tanny will be missed but he just wasn't worth what Buffalo paid him. Good for him, though. Right now, Jordan Cameron is first team TE until his next concussion but Dion will get plenty of PT in 2-TE sets.

- I do love me some Jeremy Hill too. I remember him killing Clemson in that New Year's Eve bowl game where Clemson came back from like 14 in the 4th. Go back and watch that game and you'll see so much NFL talent on the field for both teams.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

- Landry is indeed a stud. One of my favorite players to watch on the team.

- I think Bostic is still recovering from an injury but Jelani made a few plays for us. Had good coverage down field on Martellus once and was around the ball.

- Clay's production and chemistry with Tanny will be missed but he just wasn't worth what Buffalo paid him. Good for him, though. Right now, Jordan Cameron is first team TE until his next concussion but Dion will get plenty of PT in 2-TE sets.

- I do love me some Jeremy Hill too. I remember him killing Clemson in that New Year's Eve bowl game where Clemson came back from like 14 in the 4th. Go back and watch that game and you'll see so much NFL talent on the field for both teams.
I forgot about jordan cameron cameron jordan

I was at the bears phins so i didnt really see the jenkins play. I should have expected it with his 85 zcv, insane for an olb

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
11855654_1200482946637212_40231735100122821_n.jpg

PSUEagle

@Reel
@Travis7401

Just watched the Saints-Ravens game: Garrett Grayson had some nice moments. He had a few misfires, but the first thing you want to see from developmental guys like him IMO is that they look like they "belong."

He had a couple nice sequences where he stayed in the pocket and found his second and third reads. Also, he's really good on the move off boot action: just wished he had a little more arm strength. Did have a couple misfires on fairly easy throws though.

Also, not sure if anyone other than myself cares about this, but I noticed something interesting watching the Saints running game: they are having the QB reverse pivot on Inside and Outside Zone handoffs from under center this year. It's something I've noticed Seattle and Green Bay doing the last couple years, and I've wondered why more teams aren't copying them. It's slightly harder for the QB, but it ensures the running back doesn't have to bubble his aiming point play side because the QB got to the mesh point too quickly. Plus, it looks the same to the defense initially if the offense runs Gap scheme plays (Power & Counter).

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
@Reel
@Travis7401

Just watched the Saints-Ravens game: Garrett Grayson had some nice moments. He had a few misfires, but the first thing you want to see from developmental guys like him IMO is that they look like they "belong."

He had a couple nice sequences where he stayed in the pocket and found his second and third reads. Also, he's really good on the move off boot action: just wished he had a little more arm strength. Did have a couple misfires on fairly easy throws though.

Also, not sure if anyone other than myself cares about this, but I noticed something interesting watching the Saints running game: they are having the QB reverse pivot on Inside and Outside Zone handoffs from under center this year. It's something I've noticed Seattle and Green Bay doing the last couple years, and I've wondered why more teams aren't copying them. It's slightly harder for the QB, but it ensures the running back doesn't have to bubble his aiming point play side because the QB got to the mesh point too quickly. Plus, it looks the same to the defense initially if the offense runs Gap scheme plays (Power & Counter).

I was just teasing Travis about Grayson lol

The thing is...I like Griffin, but in the time he has been in NOLA (which i think this is his 3rd year), he hasnt beat out McCown, and that scares me. I know McCown is the veteran, but Griffin played in a scheme almost identical to the saints which is why they signed him as a undrafted FA. They spend a 3rd rounder on Grayson, so you gotta believe they are hoping he can come in and win the 2nd QB spot or at worst, the 3rd. Im not sure how many QBs they keep on the gameday roster, but they signed Griffin to be put on the roster towards the end of the year b/c the saints cut him, then St. Louis came sniffing around.

Grayson also ran when the reads werent there. Hadnt seen that since Aaron Brooks lol. He didnt get a lot of PT so its kinda hard to give a solid evaluation with just a quarter of action.

I want to rewatch to look at some other players, but Peat looks legit. They played him at every spot on the OL except Center and he won his matchups which is promising. I dont know where he will fit in on the final roster, but its nice to see he has versatility.

Was trying to take a look at the WR core, but was distracted with a fussy babby.

PSUEagle

I was just teasing Travis about Grayson lol

The thing is...I like Griffin, but in the time he has been in NOLA (which i think this is his 3rd year), he hasnt beat out McCown, and that scares me. I know McCown is the veteran, but Griffin played in a scheme almost identical to the saints which is why they signed him as a undrafted FA. They spend a 3rd rounder on Grayson, so you gotta believe they are hoping he can come in and win the 2nd QB spot or at worst, the 3rd. Im not sure how many QBs they keep on the gameday roster, but they signed Griffin to be put on the roster towards the end of the year b/c the saints cut him, then St. Louis came sniffing around.

Grayson also ran when the reads werent there. Hadnt seen that since Aaron Brooks lol. He didnt get a lot of PT so its kinda hard to give a solid evaluation with just a quarter of action.

I want to rewatch to look at some other players, but Peat looks legit. They played him at every spot on the OL except Center and he won his matchups which is promising. I dont know where he will fit in on the final roster, but its nice to see he has versatility.

Was trying to take a look at the WR core, but was distracted with a fussy babby.

Griffin's interesting: he's someone that had enough ability to be a late 2nd-3rd rounder IMO if he hadn't played on that dumpster fire at Tulane. Really, he has more tools than Grayson, but by no means does that make him a better prospect.

Not really sure what I thought about Griffin TBH. He had that one really nice throw on 3rd and 20+, but it seemed like Payton kept calling safe plays every other third down: I suspect it had something to do with getting his kickers long FG attempts for evaluation purposes.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Griffin's interesting: he's someone that had enough ability to be a late 2nd-3rd rounder IMO if he hadn't played on that dumpster fire at Tulane. Really, he has more tools than Grayson, but by no means does that make him a better prospect.

Not really sure what I thought about Griffin TBH. He had that one really nice throw on 3rd and 20+, but it seemed like Payton kept calling safe plays every other third down: I suspect it had something to do with getting his kickers long FG attempts for evaluation purposes.

damn, never thought about the POV from the kicking game aspect. Gonna be looking for that now. B/c now that you mention it, they kicked about 4 50+ FGs.

But totally agree about your Grayson/Griffin analysis.

Cooks, if he can stay healthy will have a good year. I dont think i've ever seen that WR bubble screen run to perfection by them any time previously. Obviously, you cant put too much stock into that one play, but it was nice to see it finally executed for positive yardage

Max Unger also looked great at Center. Hoping he can stay healthy and return to Pro Bowl form.

PSUEagle

Love watching Tennessee running this ultra vanilla preseason offense.

Can't wait for them to run some shitty pistol read option hybrid crap Week 1 @Brick

PSUEagle

Tennessee should have traded the pick to the Iggles. :turrible:

I actually really like how he looks so far: Pick 6 was simply a great play by the linebacker, while the fumble TD wasn't close to his fault: he had 2.5 seconds on 3rd down before being strip sacked.

Think he's going to be a good pro.

R2D2

I actually really like how he looks so far: Pick 6 was simply a great play by the linebacker, while the fumble TD wasn't close to his fault: he had 2.5 seconds on 3rd down before being strip sacked.

Think he's going to be a good pro.

I'm not a huge fan of Ken Whisenhunt's offense. :laughing: He'd be a better pro in Chip Kelly's. :trollface:

Brick

Lol at people watching these games. Fuck no. Mariota's biggest problem in college was fumbling doe.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Jameis looks like complete shit :laughing: Like 3 fumbled snaps, a sack, INT. Just starting to look ok against the 2nd/3rd string D

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Jameis blows shocking. After he gets hooked on sizzurp and cheeseburgers he's gonna be JaMarcus 2.0

Predicting JaMarcus being a complete slug of an NFL quarterback was my crowning achievement on oldtopia.

R2D2

Winston 9/19 131 yds 1 INT
Mariota 7/8 94 yds 1 INT

Both threw an INT. Both suck. Give me Noodle Jr. instead.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
JaMarcus being terrible wasn't exactly hard to predict...
I don't think you were around enough to put up with all the AL ESS YOOO sycophants who thought he was the 2nd coming. I was fighting the good fight against blind homerism. There was some thread where I trolled the shit out of those people as JaMarcus somehow won a bowl game/sec champ game without completing a single NFL throw.

ARM STRENGTH

Brick

Eery body but LSU fans was on that bust train doe. He never put together even a single dominant game. And the skill players around him...lawd.

He was the perfect NFL mong talent QB. Saw him a few times in person. Probably greatest ARM TALENT of all time. If he only had a brain. Still laughing at the live SPORTSCENTER Todd live report from the BeSt QB WoRKouT EvaR. So great.

He had 99 arm strength for sure. Flicking it 50 yards on a line looked effortless.

PSUEagle

I don't think you were around enough to put up with all the AL ESS YOOO sycophants who thought he was the 2nd coming. I was fighting the good fight against blind homerism. There was some thread where I trolled the shit out of those people as JaMarcus somehow won a bowl game/sec champ game without completing a single NFL throw.

ARM STRENGTH

I wasn't: I was finishing up high school then and had no idea Utopia even existed. And I was only vaguely aware of EA Sports and the video games they made.

Forget all of the on field red flags about JaMarcus: I wasn't sold when his own team elected Matt Flynn (his backup) as a team captain over him. Spoke volumes about his leadership qualities IMO.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
@Brick is selling the pro JaMarcus crowd short. They outnumbered the doubters probably 10-1