• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

NML

I've wondered the same thing for a while. To me there are 5 scenarios...

1) Trade the #1 pick (and other pieces) to get Paul George or Jimmy Butler. To me, this is preferred scenario #1.
2) Trade down to 3 or 4, acquire additional assets and take the best wing/big available (I don't watch college, not sure who that is)
3) Draft Fultz/Ball and attempt to play them alongside IT for the foreseeable future in a 2 guard lineup. Downside is that you now have one of the (maybe THE) most undersized backcourt in the league. Could be a disaster defensively
4) Draft Fultz/Ball and bring them off the bench while starting IT. Downside is you just invested the #1 pick in a Sixth Man.
5) Draft Fultz/Ball, let IT walk in free agency/trade him before the deadline. Downside is you now refused to give up the #1 pick in a trade for Butler/PG/Player X so that best case scenario you got slightly better at the PG position and worst case scenario you downgraded at the PG position

With Thomas/Bradley/Smart/Rozier, drafting an undersized combo guard makes no sense. Starting them or otherwise.

The best fit seems to be Josh Johnson, based on the little I've seen. But if you think he's going three, trading down isn't a bad move. Of course, Celtics could easily have the third pick too.

NML

And ur wrong, the dream scenario is they trade the #1 pick for RUSS, sign him and IT to twenty year max deals, where they can average 50 a night each and win 50 games while nutopia collapses in on itself like a black hole

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Interesting. Just to name a few that would have me question that:

Indiana - You think they'd rather have IT than Paul George?
Sixers - IT over Joel Embiid?
Raptors - IT over Kyle Lowry?
Houston - IT over James Harden?
Grizzlies - IT over Mike Conley?
Nuggets - IT over Nikola Jokic?
OKC - IT over RUSS?
LAC - IT over Chris Paul?

Also, why is it such an insult to compare IT to Kemba Walker? They have extremely similar statistical profiles, and the only significant difference seems to be the volume of shots (both FT and FG). What am I missing, especially since Walker plays significantly better defense and turns it over a lot less?

-YTC
Indiana doesn't have Paul George. he plays for the lakers

NML

I still can't believe Whitey said Thomas was worse than Kemba :laughing:

And one game after he dropped 53!

df935d3a-fa24-40e3-af7b-db3f5a13e1d2.png

Bucksin04

With Thomas/Bradley/Smart/Rozier, drafting an undersized combo guard makes no sense. Starting them or otherwise.

The best fit seems to be Josh Johnson, based on the little I've seen. But if you think he's going three, trading down isn't a bad move. Of course, Celtics could easily have the third pick too.

Largely agree here. Although you could easily flip one of Bradley/Smart/Rozier to make way for Fultz/Ball. You obviously wouldn't have all 5 of IT, Bradley, Smart, Rozier, and Fultz/Ball all on the roster at once.

NML

Yeah won't see him for a few days

It wasn't even that hard of a screen lol. Plus it's Olynyk

NML

I love the guy we keep catching on the mic - "Olynyk ur a thug!"

Said the same thing about Jerebko :laughing:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah won't see him for a few days

It wasn't even that hard of a screen lol. Plus it's Olynyk

Yeah it was, he was trying to sneak a forearm shiv but got caught. The NBA really needs to figure out how to call dirty screens more consistently. I realize this was called correctly but bigs do this shit or move all the time.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The guy committing a flagrant 2 being Oubre is some shadow realm shit

Bdub

Jazz are really embarrassing themselves tonight. One thing to lose to a better team, but at least try.

Bdub

Gobert is beast tonight. To bad Hill is out or they might of actually made a game out of it.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
uxl6hqvbw7zjpsnzized.gif

This shit has to stop, and it's not that hard. Just don't make a call and it goes away.

SMART PLAY

this is a PERFECT example of the official being in the wrong place.

He is straightlined and only sees the reaction from harden. He should've slid down some more to the left to get in b/t them. THis happens WAY too often in the NBA which is why you see a shit ton of bad calls

Wolfman21

He is straightlined and only sees the reaction from harden. He should've slid down some more to the left to get in b/t them. THis happens WAY too often in the NBA which is why you see a shit ton of bad calls

sadly the refs can't morph into perfect position for every call so they have to make a judgment call on what they see.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
They need to stop "seeing" that. I'm not sure what positioning has to do with it because he clearly had no intent to shoot until there was a little reach in.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
NBA refs are basically just skiddish cats that react to any sudden movement, that's why these star players would be crazy not to get cerebral palsy after every contested jump shot.

sayo

YEET
The problem is continuation. They are way too lax on what is considered a shooting motion. If they aren't being fouled during the shot itself, it shouldn't be in the act of shooting.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
NBA refs are basically just skiddish cats that react to any sudden movement, that's why these star players would be crazy not to get cerebral palsy after every contested jump shot.

Yep. It's how an oompa loompa finished 5th in free throw attempts this season.

-YTC

NML

Not really

The issue is that it IS a foul. The defender is reaching in and Harden has to be allowed to raise his arms. If the defender was straight up, Harden would have to lean in to make contact - which isn't a foul.

I hate that it's been added to games, but by the book it's a foul. Whether or not it's a shooting foul is based on the refs opinion, but I see why'd they'd call it a foul.

I honestly don't know how you get it out of the game. It's definitely a foul though.