• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Lawd, so there are

UDL7niz.gif

Utopian Mike Leach fans from New London?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Currently, and naturally, I root for 0 teams I haven't lived within 45 minutes of for at least 10 years (domestically).

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I mean, he's clearly fucking around which is the point right? Doesn't LeBron write left handed?

Lebron is left handed iirc lol

people should be impressed that he shoots with his right hand primarily, not his dominate one

Reel

Community Liaison
I think Jrue is as good as gone

i feel like such a mong going back and forth with NML all these years after the trade

no one is in a better position today than they were before the trade

I mean, i guess it isnt all bad. Sixers traded Nerlins who was apart of the deal that sent Jrue to NOla, and the sixers got Embiid as a domino from that trade iirc, and looks like if he can stay healthy, he will be a good player. So maybe they "won" the deal, but i dont think they had any idea they were gonna get Imbiid to fall in their lap, or maybe they did

Meanwhile, Pels havent made the playoffs since they fired Monty, but they were able to secure another top 10 player in cousins.

Jrue looks to be gone according to all the pels sites i frequent. No one expects him to come back. And with only a 2nd round pick, I have no idea how the pels can even attempt to add a third wheel to AD and Boogie. Cap situation is pretty fucked, but not impossible, but they are running thin on assets to bring in other players.

Reel

Community Liaison
That Solomon Hill deal, my god. Pacers declined his team option of like $2m, so the Pelicans gave him a 4 year $48m deal.

while im not a fan of the deal, i guess you cant be mad at the players

this is a time where money is just oozing over cups

i mean, someone was gonna get him but i think the pels outbid themselves...he is just too offensively inept to justify his contract from a management perspective.

he would show flashes, against good teams too, but thats it...might score 18pts, give you a few boards and play sticky glue defense, then the next 8 games, he wont score over 10pts.

so frustrating to watch

NML

I think when his current team didn't want to pay him $2m, that was probably a good indication he's not very good

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Looks like he just took a handoff from the QB, lol

Reel

Community Liaison
I think when his current team didn't want to pay him $2m, that was probably a good indication he's not very good

no doubt, but pels gon pels so...

might be time to part ways with Demps

im not as hard on him as others, but i think he's getting a lil long in the tooth and might need some fresh blood

Gentry might need to go as well. Would like to see what Monty would've done with an AD/Boogie roster

evil1

Houston must have been still suffering from a hangover from the OT loss. That is the only thing I can think of for tonight's game.

I mean, damn.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
No kawhi and still lose by 40? Lmao

Popovich is GOAT. Old school pitch the ball into the post and the wings cut to the rim. Houston had no answer for Aldridge in the paint. Run the Rockets off the 3 and just watch them continue to drive to just pitch it RIGHT BACK to the 3 point line. Keep your hands up so Harden can't get that BS foul where he swings his arms up. If they decide to actually attempt a layup then you have Gasol and Aldridge to alter the shot. Houston made 9 2pt FGs last night...NINE. When was the last time that happened? The 50s?

Also it's amazing the job the Spurs front office does year in and year out. The Simmons guy from out of the D-league and another late 1st round steal in Dejounte Murray.

evil1

Popovich is GOAT. Old school pitch the ball into the post and the wings cut to the rim. Houston had no answer for Aldridge in the paint. Run the Rockets off the 3 and just watch them continue to drive to just pitch it RIGHT BACK to the 3 point line. Keep your hands up so Harden can't get that BS foul where he swings his arms up. If they decide to actually attempt a layup then you have Gasol and Aldridge to alter the shot. Houston made 9 2pt FGs last night...NINE. When was the last time that happened? The 50s?

Also it's amazing the job the Spurs front office does year in and year out. The Simmons guy from out of the D-league and another late 1st round steal in Dejounte Murray.

This iteration of the Spurs team is built around quality free agents, mid to late round draft picks, and players knowing their roles and buying into a cohesive team strategy. -50 points for not following the Process.

sayo

YEET
I just don't understand Aldridge. I know consistency is one of the hardest things to get down but he's always had the tools to put in games like he had last night. When he shows up and balls out, I'm never surprised. Same as when he goes for 8 points on 11 shots.

evil1

Let me just also say that I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a Mike D'Antoni team failed to get out of the second round. Again.

Last edited:

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Let me just also say that I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a Mike D'Antoni team failed to get out of the second round. Again.

My dad said danontini never win a state title despite the school they both went to being a good basketball school with several state titles. The irony being dantoni being best player in school history.

My dad never win a state title either because the year they win he was kicked off the team for refusing to cut his long flowing early 70's mane.

Reel

Community Liaison
Saw a stat that said the Spurs have now eliminated every western conference team from the playoffs. Wow

Pretty sure it's safe to say that pop has passed Phil and it's not even close anymore

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

evil1

Um, I think there is still a debate (especially considering Phil split his coaching career between the Eastern and Western Conferences - that's like saying Pete Carroll has beat more NFC teams in the playoffs than Bill Belichick)

NBA titles: Phil Jackson (11), Greg Popovich (5)

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Phil Jackson had two of the greatest players ever, probably not that hard to win a bunch of titles