• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

MSUFanatic

(ignoring Steph shot 20 points better from the field and over 100 points better from 3 point land with less turnovers)

Yea I don't think anyone anywhere in this thread was claiming Wade was a better shooter.

Conversely we have just been ignoring the fact that Steph Curry as an abysmal defender.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

i dont understand it

i really dont

had he gone out east, he would've had to beat lebron just to get to the finals then what...ultimately lose to the warriors?

if he goes anywhere else in the west, then you have to fight the warriors just to get to the finals to possibly lose to the cavs?

im just not that invested b/c those same people would've loved for KD to sign to "their" team

faux outrage is still faux
I taught you faux outrage

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Over/Under on how many more pages arguing Wade vs Curry. The line is 1 1/2.

Anyone have any interest in debating Lebron vs MJ? Olajuwon vs Shaq? Alien vs Predator?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Over/Under on how many more pages arguing Wade vs Curry. The line is 1 1/2.

Anyone have any interest in debating Lebron vs MJ? Olajuwon vs Shaq? Alien vs Predator?

Lebrin > MJ > Lebron

Mentioning Shaq in Olajuwon's presence means you should be BANT from the thread

Predator for the clicking noises.

evil1

(ignoring Steph shot 20 points better from the field and over 100 points better from 3 point land with less turnovers)

Actually not quite true.

In the two years for each player I provided, Curry shot 50% and 49% overall from the field while Wade shot 49% and 48%.
Curry averaged 3.3 and 3.1 turnovers per game, while Wade averaged 3.3 and 3.4.

Wade made the All NBA defensive team (2nd team) in each of those two years while Curry did not and is viewed as average defensive player at best.

Pretty damn even if you ask me (perhaps slight edge to Wade because of the defense).

sayo

YEET
Actually not quite true.

In the two years for each player I provided, Curry shot 50% and 49% overall from the field while Wade shot 49% and 48%.

Wade made the All NBA defensive team (2nd team) in each of those two years while Curry did not and is viewed as average defensive player at best.

Pretty damn even if you ask me (perhaps slight edge to Wade because of the defense).
Similar percentages but you're gonna ignore curry jacking up a ton of threes?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Actually not quite true.

Their eFG% are wildly different.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
He's like a baby giraffe learning to walk. Is slamming two beers into each other a thing tho? Why?

Yes.

giphy.gif

@Wuf @Wolfman21

evil1

Similar percentages but you're gonna ignore curry jacking up a ton of threes?

Their eFG% are wildly different.

Curry has a slightly better eFG% in one year, and a significantly better eFG% in the other year. On the other hand, Wade was significantly better in drawing fouls and getting to the free throw line in both years.

I know recency bias is strong, but looking at the overall numbers 2008-2010 Wade and 2014-2016 Curry are pretty damn even.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Wat. You don't understand why people would think it's a bitch move to blow a 3-1 lead to the Warriors and then join them that offseason after the Warriors had just set an NBA record for 73 wins?

You probably think playing on rookie mode in 2k is the same as all star, but I can't help you with that. Nobody is saying he doesn't have the right to do what he did, nobody said he did anything illegal, people just said he plays on rookie

aight, i'll be that guy

Golden state got rid of:

Festus (sp?)
Bogut
Barnes
Speights

THOSE dudes along with steph, draymong, Klay, etc...won 73 games

KD wasnt added to THAT team

MSUFanatic

Festus was great on Portland this year. My favorite part was CJ telling him to STFU during one of his pep talks.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/i...um_blazers_tire_of_lectures_from_injured.html

drtheopolisJan 6, 2017

Why should the team listen to the only player on the roster with a ring, and a member of the team that broke the record for most wins. What would that guy know about intensity and urgency?

Apparently @Reel moonlighting as Drtheopolis as well.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
answer the question

I don't know what it even means. I think you're saying the only reason those guys were in the finals was because of Klay/Steph/Dray but that goes against what you're arguing so I'm not sure you're thinking this through

MSUFanatic

Nah. I'm in the msu and evil trap. I don't know what the fuck reel is on.

No trap there seems to be pretty good evidence about what we said is true, you've still pushed anecdotal narratives, but I'm more interested in the Reel and Festivus thing now.