• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
i only bring up Festivus b/c he as apart of the addition by subtraction

he was a cog in their title run. I mean, he got minutes throughout the entire playoffs, but lets not key in on him, I named 3 other people that are no longer with the team that won 73 games

KD didnt join the team with those 4 dudes on the roster...For obvious reasons, but can Steph, Klay, and Draymong win 73 games with any other people? I think that roster was constructed for a reason and was dismantled for another reason

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Curry has a slightly better eFG% in one year, and a significantly better eFG% in the other year. On the other hand, Wade was significantly better in drawing fouls and getting to the free throw line in both years.

I know recency bias is strong, but looking at the overall numbers 2008-2010 Wade and 2014-2016 Curry are pretty damn even.
Does the fact that Steph was the best player on teams that went to back-to-back Finals and won 67 then 73 games mean anything? WAIDS was the best player on a team that won 43 and 47 games. What about the fact Curry had a way better ORtg and better DRtg?

IF you want to talk pure pts/reb/ast, Wade led the league the usage % too both of those years playing more minutes than Curry (who sat a bunch of 4th quarters due to blowouts). If you go more 'advanced' stats, Curry led the league in Win Shares both of those years (7 more than Wade over the two year span too).

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Does the fact that Steph was the best player on teams that went to back-to-back Finals and won 67 then 73 games mean anything? WAIDS was the best player on a team that won 43 and 47 games. What about the fact Curry had a way better ORtg and better DRtg?

IF you want to talk pure pts/reb/ast, Wade led the league the usage % too both of those years playing more minutes than Curry (who sat a bunch of 4th quarters due to blowouts). If you go more 'advanced' stats, Curry led the league in Win Shares both of those years (7 more than Wade over the two year span too).

tenor.gif

I'm pretty sure "win shares" is some made up thing like building a wall across Mexico or draining the swamp. But I will concede your point...this time.

NML

The weirdest part about this debate is how each side thinks the other is insane for their opinion.

It's close and it comes down to what you value. I'd pick Wade, personally.

sayo

YEET
I thought MSU was trappin when he said wade>curry. Didn't even know that was a debate but I digress. I'm interested in hearing about ezilis contributions.

MSUFanatic

So DRtg is a pretty bad statistic because it deals in estimations and largely biases for players on good teams with good defenders around them. Also, because the root stat takes into account possessions you have to account for pace of play which can be normalized if you want to compare against players from differing years. ORtg is very similar. Defensive statistical measures right now are pretty poor unless you start charting every possession and who is guarding who which MIT is trying to do that.

As far as win share, sure we can look at that as well, but again gets heavily skewed by playing a lot of minutes with good players which Curry has done in spades with some historic teams obviously.

I don't think it's insane to pick Curry like it shouldn't be insane to pick Wade either.

NML

Win shares takes all the wins ur team has and divides them up, so being on the team with the most wins ever might help him there.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
The weirdest part about this debate is how each side thinks the other is insane for their opinion.

It's close and it comes down to what you value. I'd pick Wade, personally.

If I had to pick I would pick Curry because of the havoc on offense. However, some of the opinions on Wade are mind-bottling. We are talking about one of the greatest 2G in NBA history.

A strong argument could be made either way and hopefully Curry doesn't get bit with the injury bug like Wade.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I can't even talk to my opaque Erzzzz friend about NBA anymore. I can't mention LeBron without him saying "CAN'T FUCK WIT KOBE DOE", and I never even attempt to invite any sort of comparison to the 2. Why does it have to be WHO VERSUS? IS HE BETTER THAN KARL MALONE? Don't know, don't give a shit. I fap to LeBrin shitting on anybody and I fap to the fluidity and unselfishness of the Warriors offense.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I can't even talk to my opaque Erzzzz friend about NBA anymore. I can't mention LeBron without him saying "CAN'T FUCK WIT KOBE DOE", and I never even attempt to invite any sort of comparison to the 2. Why does it have to be WHO VERSUS? IS HE BETTER THAN KARL MALONE? Don't know, don't give a shit.
he cant get you your parcels faster than malone

evil1

On another topic, I thought Golden State's coaching staff did something very smart in last night's game.

With about 4-5 minutes left in the game, when their lead was about 10-12 points, Golden State essentially conceded every drive to the rim by LeBron. There were no double teams, defenders didn't leave their man at the three point line, and the primary defender on LeBron made sure they didn't foul. Golden State essentially took the position that as long they didn't give up three point shots or stop the clock by fouling, Cleveland would not be able to outscore them enough to take the lead. Even with the one fuck up on JR Smith's 4 pt play, they were right.

Last edited:

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Now that gs has a super team to beat lejauns super team there is only one thing left to do for lejaun to regain edge.

He must join a super team with 1976 senior 2guard cris collibsworth and freshman center Wilber Marshall . Even at 6-1 or 6-2 Marshall would dominate draymong. You add in 1970 point guard mike dantoni whom my dad idolized on the West Virginia pkaygrounds. Unstoppable.

Lue must go and coach will be Lewis dantoni , my dads little league coach. Curt warner can be 6th man.

This is unstoppable team with no less than two players whom my mom may have slept with (allegedly).

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Now that gs has a super team to beat lejauns super team there is only one thing left to do for lejaun to regain edge.

He must join a super team with 1976 senior 2guard cris collibsworth and freshman center Wilber Marshall . Even at 6-1 or 6-2 Marshall would dominate draymong. You add in 1970 point guard mike dantoni whom my dad idolized on the West Virginia pkaygrounds. Unstoppable.

Lue must go and coach will be Lewis dantoni , my dads little league coach. Curt warner can be 6th man.

This is unstoppable team with no less than two players whom my mom may have slept with (allegedly).
Go gata

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
i swear sometimes ya'll just wanna be difficult just to be difficult but aight...

lets keep talking about why OKC traded Harden, why the pels traded nerlins on draft night for Jrue, why KD left OKC to team up with the warriors

since those seem to be the only things that give this thread legs

ebarws6

stAy
Just getting to this but :thumbsup: I'll enjoy this after having to watch the Chris Gatlings, Todd Fullers and Vonteego Cummings.

Haha yeah I don't have as much to stand on as you might, I was of the Bobby Sura/Adonal Foyle/Larry Hughes/Erick Dampier generation when I first started paying attention to the warriors. I thought the We Believe years were the peak and it was gonna go down from there, but glad I was wrong