• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Motor Racing thread

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I think they should have had different designs. That '87 design is cool, but maybe Newmans should have been this:

6cf5327e5a3f4dd04a24d4ce3b176453.jpg

Or this

img207_filtered.jpg

Either way, kudos for using the Wrangler font on the American Ethanol car. Even though ethanol itself is a joke.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Mtn Dew Code Red. Make it happen.

Of course, this is the same team that couldn't get Axalta to let Gordon run the rainbow scheme at Darlington during his final race there, or Homestead.

Wolfman21

Mtn Dew Code Red. Make it happen.

Of course, this is the same team that couldn't get Axalta to let Gordon run the rainbow scheme at Darlington during his final race there, or Homestead.

never understood that shit. He runs the rainbow at Bristol.....and runs some silly silver shit at darlington and homestead

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Kenseth's not expected to return to JGR, opening the door for Erik Jones to take the #20 ride. Also leaves Kenseth open to run Dale Jr's car next season. We all know how Hendrick loves his veteran drivers. Wonder if the 88 will stay the 88, or revert back to the 25. The only reason they even got the 88 from Yates was for Dale.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Hendrick should pick up Kenseth, and either ride Kahne for 1 more season and then replace him with William Byron, or just let Kahne go at the end of 17, and put Byron in.

Funny that I saw Byron and Elliott race together in a late model race a few days before my daughter was born in 2015. Byron kicked everyone's ass that night.

Wolfman21

Byron is pretty damn decent. I do think the talent in the busch series is.......lacking...right now though. But hes won in JGR equipment, hes won in JRM equipment. He'll win in the big leagues as well.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Byron is pretty damn decent. I do think the talent in the busch series is.......lacking...right now though. But hes won in JGR equipment, hes won in JRM equipment. He'll win in the big leagues as well.

Especially when guys like Harvick/Johnson/Kenseth/ are probably going to retire within a few years. Funny how that happens fairly quickly every decade or so. Look at the big names in 2000 compared to 2006. Gone was Jarrett, Rudd, Earnhardt, Bobby Labonte, Elliott, Wallace, Sterling Marlin, Ken Schrader, Ward Burton. I mean, some were still around in 2006, but I don't think any of them were remotely competitive anymore. That seems to be happening again. Gordon, Stewart, Dale Jr, Edwards, etc.

Wolfman21

yup, its a cycle. Next will be the buschs, keselowski, Hamlin, etc. That's still a few years away, but that will be the next line to go once harvick, kenseth, Johnson retire

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Considering Buddy Baker and Junior are the two best non-Ford drivers pilot the 88, Junior doesn't have a lot of throwback choices after running the Grey Ghost last year.

Iron

Alex Bowman was signed to replace Jr. in October 2016! Amazed that never got out. Also good to see that Axalta increased their sponsorship to fill out the 2018 season already. I wonder if Gordon pulled some strings there...

Wolfman21

Alex Bowman was signed to replace Jr. in October 2016! Amazed that never got out. Also good to see that Axalta increased their sponsorship to fill out the 2018 season already. I wonder if Gordon pulled some strings there...

was there ever any doubt it was gonna be Bowman? After the way he performed last season combined with the fact that hes done all the testing/simulator stuff for hendrick this year....it was pretty obvious the direction they were going