• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Motor Racing thread

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
This shits worse than the last 60 seconds of a basketball/football game. That Bowyer wreck with 10 to go was like a fuckig hour ago.

Wolfman21

What takes so long? I dont understand. With less equipment they used to get em back racing in a few laps back in the 90s. Now any wreck of more than 2-3 cars results in a red flag that takes 20 min to clean up. Why?

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Keselowski renews with Penske
Blaney to the #12 for Penske next season
Apparently Paul Menard to the #21? If so that's a serious downgrade.

So now the 27 is open. I imagine Ty Dillon will take that car.

Apparently, Ford and Petty are working on something to get Bubba Wallace into a 2nd Petty car next season. If I were in charge at Petty, I would do anything to see if we could get those cars built by Penske, or at least team with them somehow a la SHR/Hendrick when they were fielding Chevrolets. A good driver and having Penske build their cars has put the #21 back on the map. That car is a top 5 car almost every week.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
DFxlIhyV0AAIJ-1.jpg

Wolfman21

oh damn. Kyle Larson, as good as he is, doesn't sell a ton of merch so I'm wondering how difficult it will be for him to find sponsorship?

Big hit for ganassi....Target has been with ganassi for as long as I've been born

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Target withdrawing from all motor sports sponsorship in 2018.

I wondered when that was coming. Why pull from Indycar when the sponsorship is so cheap? If ur looking to cut the fat, it would be NASCAR sponsorship.

Here's ur vidya for the day: The 1986 Summer 500 from Pocono. This race was the inspiration for the final Daytona race in Days of Thunder

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I was at that race. The camera makes the visibility look a lot better than it was. I had seats with my parents at the start-finish line and you could barely see past pit road.

Pre-full blown AIDS Tim Richmond was a genius behind the wheel.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
William Byron running a Ricky Hendrick throwback at Darlington:

Michael McDowell with the Alan Kulwicki Quincy's throwback:

3f33b60044872dc1a2059a8eb3e8f261

35Quincyskitdecref-vi.jpg

Last edited: