• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Motor Racing thread

Wolfman21

And I blame it on Brian France, not the teams. The teams have been getting fucked over for years now on TV money and that led to this bullshit. I can't blame them for wanting their fair share of the pie. Fuck you again Brian France. @TonyGin&Juice give that motherfucker an interesting way to die

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Daytona 500 Ratings:

2013: 9.9
2014: 5.6 (rain delayed - race didn't start until 8:30 pm)
2015: 7.7
2016: 6.14

BUT social media interactions were an all-time high!

"Da kidz love us on da tweeter!"

Just somebody run over Brian France with hauler.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
So a trivia question I missed last night...under what circumstances do they even use the "faster cars approaching" flag?

Bdub

Glad they finally decided to use the overtaking flag. The rest of the world has only been using it for the last century or so.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Next season would be a good time for JR Motorsports go to Cup racin'. Hendrick is going to have a huge void of engine/chassis orders to fill.

Wolfman21

If I were nascar I wouldn't announce the purse anymore either. From 2000 to 2006 the winnings purse for Atlanta race went from 2.9 mil to 6 mil. Since 2006? It's bounced between 6 mil and 6.2 mil. Basically no growth.

goblue96

Any growth from tv money has been negated by the revenue lost from presenting race sponsors. That revenue dried up when TV started to want ad buys in addition to race sponsorships. It's how we ended up with the Atlanta 500 instead of the Cracker Barrel 500.

Iron

John Hunter Nemechek won at Atlanta in an unsponsored truck and Parker Kligerman, in a truck that never had a top 5 before last week in 6 years of trucks, leads the standings after 2 races. Why does this series need a caution clock and a Chase?

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Because this is what they're after:

svzyceet2ym29sm8qbjp.gif

Iron

Yes, this is the package I remember from Kentucky. Too bad the coverage is awful. These cars are everywhere on the track.

guardman23

It makes no sense for someone to get a huge lead cause they have better equipment an are an all around better driver just to get screwed over cause of a restart

Wolfman21

What I saw today:

No complaints of aero push. No complaints of "nascar, rawr rawr". Cars slipping and sliding, guys having to drive them. Real tire wear. Different strategies. Great, great race in my opinion

Wolfman21

Harvick had the better equipment.

Yup. Knaus bringing jimmie in 6 laps earlier than anyone else and 9 laps earlier than the 4 won this race. Harvick brought jimmies lead down from 16 seconds to 5 before the tires evened out. Just wasn't enough time to make up that distance

Iron

The 4 car would have been right there if he didnt have a 16 second stop either, but that was nice, even Dale Jr. was glad they let it play out

Iron

Also Clint Bowyer in his first two races at HScott: 33rd, 35th. Today was all about no speed.

Wolfman21

Also, loved watching Ty Dillon race Chase as hard as he could even though he was 2 laps down about 2/3 of the way through the race. You'll always play 2nd fiddle to your brother Ty and your brother is no Chase Elliott.

Bdub

France and a bunch of drivers publicly endorse Trump. Why the fuck would France do something as stupid as endorse a candidate?

Bdub

France sucks in oxygen. Therefor, he continues to do stupid shit.
I can just see him sitting in his office thinking how endorsing Trump will make him a hero to all the redneck NASCAR fans. Yet never considering the fact that he will piss off a bunch more by doing it. I mean you would think he would have advisors or something.

goblue96

I can just see him sitting in his office thinking how endorsing Trump will make him a hero to all the redneck NASCAR fans. Yet never considering the fact that he will piss off a bunch more by doing it. I mean you would think he would have advisors or something.

You mean his army of yes men?