• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

Bdub

There is no parking around Nats park that costs $50 unless you are a dumb. $20-$40, $40 being in the shadow of the stadium. I'm not up to date on Uber pricing from bumfuck to DC but if a round trip Uber is less than that I'll eat crow.

I always drive but I can actually city drive so...

Metro from Vienna is the tame but long option.
I don't mind driving in DC so I will just park near the stadium. You going to the game Rad?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Depends on where in Fairfax you are. If you mean literally just barely into Fairfax County (e.g., Seven Corners), a round trip uber X would probably be like $30 or 40, about the same as good parking. Just depends on who you want to deal with the traffic, urself or a driver.

If ur tombout Fairfax City or some shit, you're almost certainly going to save money driving and parking.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
At first I couldn't believe the WINKIES were gonna pass up a consensus #1 pick, then I realized it's the same organization that has Byron "5-Tools" Buxton struggling with the Mendoza line.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Twins take not even a middle infielder/center fielder with the first pick, because they couldn't get a college guy to agree to a cheap enough deal?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'd recognize that face on McKay anywhere. It's the face of despair when you know you have to go to Tampa. See that in the mirror every time before I drive home

nowitsourtime

Twins take not even a middle infielder/center fielder with the first pick, because they couldn't get a college guy to agree to a cheap enough deal?

Don't like the pick but I expected to go into the draft hating the pick as soon as I saw them seriously considering Lewis. He's an interesting player but nowhere near #1 quality. Not taking McKay, Wright, or Greene is hard to understand.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Lol that's what I get for making fun of the pick. Picked someone who just got Tommy John surgery when there were two better college arms on the board.

osick87

Community Liaison
Don't like the pick but I expected to go into the draft hating the pick as soon as I saw them seriously considering Lewis. He's an interesting player but nowhere near #1 quality. Not taking McKay, Wright, or Greene is hard to understand.

The FG prospect guy was talking about how they're linked at 35 with another Boras client and figured it may be a "package" type thing.

It's not Sam Carlson. I assume Twins fans want the home state kid

Wolfman21

Love the Braves draft so far. Best college arm followed by a switch hitting prep outfielder from Georgia who apparently exploded over the last year in showcase games and the like while winning Georgia state POTY.

Bdub

At least I didn't see any Natitude shit and their fans didn't seem to care much if they won or lost. Kinda like a Braves game in Atlanta.

R2D2

At least I didn't see any Natitude shit and their fans didn't seem to care much if they won or lost. Kinda like a Braves game in Atlanta.

Last Tuesday, when I went to the Phillies-Braves game most of the crowd that was around me was either on their phones or just didn't really care what was going on. Was weird.

Bdub

Last Tuesday, when I went to the Phillies-Braves game most of the crowd that was around me was either on their phones or just didn't really care what was going on. Was weird.
Giants fans are the most engaged fans I have encountered so far. We had shitty seats and the people around us where still way into the game.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I only have so much patience at a Nats game. I usually space out by the time Lobaton has left his 8th runner on base in the 6th or so.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The Nats have now drafted Trey Turner, Kirk Cousins' cousin Jake Cousins, and Dusty Baker's son (who almost got taken out in 2002).

Wolfman21

Braves and Brandon Phillips walk off on back to back days to beat the Marlins. Phillips had the walk off hit in both games

best thing about the game today is that the hit he got was a bouncer up the middle which was a tailor made double play ball to end the inning...the marlins 2b and SS were both going towards it and then both just stopped and stared at each other as it dribbled into CF

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
3 sweeps for the top NL West teams. Are there even any other teams in the NL?

Also, nothing'll ever beat the CarGo cyce

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
@osick87 and I were talking about this the other day. I think most of these sites are out of ideas and FOs are out of embracing the "magic" that these sites used to offer. There aren't any market inefficiencies any more. Money is the new market inefficiency.
Yeah when BP came out/I started reading it in 2003 it was revolutionary and had some great ideas. Everyone has caught up and those sites just aren't interesting to me anymore. They try to come up with new stuff like catch pitch framing, spin rates, etc. but they just aren't as interesting.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/05/23/curveball-clayton-kershaw-lance-mccullers

Said one NL general manager, “Three teams have become big, big believers in the combination of high fastballs and curveballs: the Astros, Dodgers and Rays. Those teams are heavy into analytics. The game is changing away from the sinker/cutter/slider guys.”

Cubs went after pitchers in this yrs draft with good curveballs. its becoming the "it" pitch

I'm sure they're all going to find guys with Clayton Kershaw stuff easily. Baseball has totally fooled itself into thinking there are market inefficiencies that don't involve spending a shit ton of money and getting lucky.

Gooksta

I'm sure they're all going to find guys with Clayton Kershaw stuff easily. Baseball has totally fooled itself into thinking there are market inefficiencies that don't involve spending a shit ton of money and getting lucky.
Curveball allegedly is the best pitch to prevent getting loft on the ball. even though Kris Bryant says his favorite pitch to hit is a curveball, I doubt these teams go that heavy into it without numbers to back it up. teams are looking for groundballs. if they turn into a Kershaw, thats icing on the cake imo

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Phillies record on May 1st: 12-12
Phillies record on June 21st: 22-47

Tickets on StubHub gonna be dirt cheap. What visiting teams do I want to see?