• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

osick87

Community Liaison
Now that Bautista's back, this Jays lineup got me like

original.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Melvin had a decent run with the Padres. He has value on a club to me. Cash ended up pitching fine, thankfully.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Welp, Royals ain't winning shit now
Yordano is officially a giant dousche can
Better enjoy youth movement round 3
In Dayton and Ned I trust

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Rockies have a bunch of players that aren't very useful to them long term that they should be trading right away. Of course, Rockies' management being what it is, it seems like the odds are 50/50 that they do anything. And if they do something, it will likely be trading Boone Logan. I have no idea what they think they're doing. It will take a miracle to get the Rockies into the playoff picture, much less into the playoffs. Ideally, you deal Blackmon, De La Rosa, Hundley, and Logan for a couple of decent prospects, and explore the market for CarGo. But none of that seems to be happening. Ugh.

Gooksta

Rockies have a bunch of players that aren't very useful to them long term that they should be trading right away. Of course, Rockies' management being what it is, it seems like the odds are 50/50 that they do anything. And if they do something, it will likely be trading Boone Logan. I have no idea what they think they're doing. It will take a miracle to get the Rockies into the playoff picture, much less into the playoffs. Ideally, you deal Blackmon, De La Rosa, Hundley, and Logan for a couple of decent prospects, and explore the market for CarGo. But none of that seems to be happening. Ugh.
Cubs allegedly looking at dickerson

osick87

Community Liaison
Boone Logan was somebody I was looking at for the Jays.

Their lefty situation has been rough.

osick87

Community Liaison
My personal Charlie Blackmon story:
They were playing the Cubs when I was there and some guy started shouting at him to shave his beard.

I, 3 beers deep by the 1st inning, turn around and tell the guy to respect the craft.

I then went back to gambling with the people beside me.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Rockies really have to load up on pitching prospects. Otherwise, they're just trying to luck out on what little they have. Most pitching prospects won't work out with the Rockies. They need bullets in the chamber.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I had CF tickets back in 2010 or so. I was surprised at the number of people who heckle players. Why you gotta call Garrett Anderson old and tell him to go back to 2003, bro? :Straight-Face:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I was also surprised at the number of players that react. Matt Kemp really took offense to dude heckling his boy Garrett and was going back and forth with clown fan.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It's really worse than other parks? I guess I haven't been to enough to know for sure, but it's never struck me as that bad or unusual.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I saw some dude tear into Nolan Reimold, it was also the first time I figured out who a Nolan Reimold was

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Id be okay with the Astros trading for Blackmon.. One for the beard, and 2 so I could see less of Carlos Gomez.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Rockies really have to load up on pitching prospects. Otherwise, they're just trying to luck out on what little they have. Most pitching prospects won't work out with the Rockies. They need bullets in the chamber.
Most of them probably hate being there so much they pitch shitty to get traded somewhere else or cut and signed somewhere else.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I was also surprised at the number of players that react. Matt Kemp really took offense to dude heckling his boy Garrett and was going back and forth with clown fan.
I had partial season seats in the first row of RF for a couple seasons. People are crazy. A lot of players do acknowledge. Its surprising. Griffey and Francouer were probably the best.

osick87

Community Liaison
I had partial season seats in the first row of RF for a couple seasons. People are crazy. A lot of players do acknowledge. Its surprising. Griffey and Francouer were probably the best.
When Vernon Wells was with the Yankees, he trolled Jays fans really well

Wolfman21

Braves get Matt kemp from Padres for hector Olivera. Pads paying portion of his salary for each remaining year of his contrAct.

I don't expect the Braves to get much from kemp, but if ke just keeps his current numbers up, this was a fleeece

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I don't follow the Padres really, but I think they went ALL IN randomly a couple years ago, gave up 6 months later and started selling pieces and still are. @TonyGin&Juice at the helm?

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Last year they went all in, started OK, then did the patented May/June tank and got boat-raced, despite playing halfway decent for stretches. This year they started tanking in the top of the first on Opening Day, got down a bunch, and that was that...

I think Preller thinks he's smarter than he is.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I don't follow the Padres really, but I think they went ALL IN randomly a couple years ago, gave up 6 months later and started selling pieces and still are. @TonyGin&Juice at the helm?

They made some moves that didn't really work out at the major league level but they've developed a pretty good farm system, even with Trick Turner trying to play CF in DC. Kemp was the first Padre to hit for the cycle (I almost bought one of those shirts at Petco) but otherwise he's done dick during his time with them. They'll DFA the sack of shit (Olivera) the Barves sent and just keep waiting to finish on MOUNT 500 with a bunch of international lottery tickets AJ managed to sign down on the farm.

Last year they went all in, started OK, then did the patented May/June tank and got boat-raced, despite playing halfway decent for stretches. This year they started tanking in the top of the first on Opening Day, got down a bunch, and that was that...

I think Preller thinks he's smarter than he is.

Preller actually has the talent and brains to be a really good GM but the moves over the past two years have been a real head scratcher. Stressburg is locked down with the Nats so clearing salary to sign him makes no sense. The Tier One FAs this offseason aren't going to sign with them and they've got no one to extend so I'm not really sure what they're doing by shedding some salary. I'm just glad they've still got Ted "My boys" Leitner calling games on the radio and they shipped that bum Andrew Cashner out of town (finally).

Wolfman21

They're not really shedding salary though...Olivera and the money they're paying kemp while with the braves is more than just paying kemp

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Leitner's terrible! Grant is 100x worse, if that's possible.

The drunk sutckiffe press box visit tells me all I need to know about this organization.

En vino, veritas

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The Rockies are actually so good with Dahl. There isn't really a weak spot in the lineup, maybe 1B? They do still have whatever a de la Rosa is in the rotation but the Gray, Chatwood, and Anderson are solid.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Chatwood's home-road splits are really crazy. I have no idea what to make of him, really.

I mean, I don't think they're terrible, but I still doubt they're a playoff contender. I still want them selling. Although I guess CarGo should be off the table at this point.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
They kinda got 'screwed' by the deadline and their schedule. They'll probably be able to tell where the team is heading by the end of next week. I suppose CarGo could always pass through trade waivers with his contract. There's some solid high minors talent like Hoffman so either way they might be okay for the future

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Leitner's terrible! Grant is 100x worse, if that's possible.

The drunk sutckiffe press box visit tells me all I need to know about this organization.

En vino, veritas

Nah. Grant is good. I like him and the new guy. Ted is bad.
They're not really shedding salary though...Olivera and the money they're paying kemp while with the braves is more than just paying kemp
No. It saves them $20m

I like the moves AJ has made. I liked them going for it, but that didn't really work out. Maybe he gave up on it too quick, but injuries to Cashner and Ross I think made him punt. They moved a lot of pieces and might be in better shape now than they were two years ago.

bruin

Friedman and the Nerds going to do something or what

all prospects can go other than Urias..

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I can't believe the Nationals got Melancon for trading away a Quarterback in the AFC West

One of the Rays pitchers to LA makes a lot of sense for both teams but who knows in this market.

Borman

Lucroy uses no trade clause to block trade to Cleveland. I'm thinking he ends up in Texas if he goes anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bruin

Reddick and Hill to the Dodgers.

Dodgers get another OF. End of the line for Puig, likely. It was real, Yaisel.