• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2040 WBL Season Thread (Roster Exansion Time)

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I've signed a lot of late guys the last two years and have seen they've started out close. Curto was decent at the start of the year before he absolutely lit it up the last couple months. I don't know if it's just been random or no fake ST.

I put an offer out for Park too. It's interesting the CPU decided to go to other guys over him. Insane K rate + not many HRs = a good defense and he's going to be sub 3.00 easily.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Park really hasnt had a poor season, so it seemed low risk to me. He is old though. I am an idiot for not throwing on an option year. At worst he'd be a good reliever in 2041.

doh

Yeah I was thinking too it'd be a good gamble to go for a $8m TO. I went with 7.5/9TO with Curto and decided to pick it up since I have no hitting. I wish I put a TO on Heida though.

doh

Lawd Moscow spent money this off-season. The lineup is scary good. The rotation is reely good too. The bullpen looks like a dumpster fire though… odd the CPU didn't at least get some mid level FAs for it.

NML

Can you do it for me OU? I think I have 29 on my roster right now, should be easy

NML

Actually I'm at 27

just put Holden on the 15 day and demote Mac and we strong then. If he's out of option years just waive him

Lloyd Carr

I actually have decent hope for my team. The predicted 43 wins was a slap in the face.

I'd say at least 65-70. Anything less and I'll be disappointed.

doh

No offense Lloyd but your team is horrific. Other than maybe 3 hitters and 3 SP you've got very little. Not much you can do when you're given that hand. You can just tank this year and get good picks/not spend money.

No bad contracts tho so you can rebuild as fast as you want in the UBL. If you want next year you could make 4-5 splashes in FA and be good. In our old league no way you could do that since there weren't that many good FAs.

doh

Nothing he could do about it really but I don't want Lloyd to think he's got a chance and mortgage his future… his team is bad :laughing:

Lloyd Carr

I have no expectations of making the playoffs or even being competitive. But the team hasn't won less than 67 games since 2033, and my pre-season winning percentage was roughly .420. That is directly in line with the previous couple of seasons the team has had, as well as what I myself am hoping/expecting for the year.

doh

Yeah I really think non-ST players have trouble starting the year. I've signed a lot the last two years and all start slow.

Berrios already hurt. Big injury second straight year for first sim. Good lawd.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Damn that blows.

So Berlin ended up signing Paauwe anyway for a lot less. Dude is worth more than he signed for, too bad his demands were outrageous. He is off to a good start. Interested to see how he does. I couldnt even negotiate with him since i let him walk.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That definitely shouldnt have happened, i just promoted him. He goin back to Bern

EDIT: I see what happened. I had exported before I promoted him, and didn't export again afterwards. So when I did the final pulling of exports it knocked him into FA

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He's safely in Bern, enjoying the Swiss way of life.

I really wish I hadn't put Cooper on waivers the sim before Bikham went out for 6 months. Could have used him :emo:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
So I guess my changes didn't take or OU trimmed my roster? I exported at like 10:20 fake standard time and none of my changes are here.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So I guess my changes didn't take or OU trimmed my roster? I exported at like 10:20 fake standard time and none of my changes are here.

Yeah I simmed at 10 o'clock. Had to trim the shit out of your roster, but at least I didn't let the AI do it. If you're going to be late give me a heads up first, I tried warning you

doh

Stopping watching a movie on Netflix to check out this sim.

The WBL: Where immersion happens.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Its a bummer because dude was raking.

Looks like Park just needed the one shitty start though. 25 Ks in 14.2 innings over the last two starts.

Gooksta

aww snap. new catcher S Tae Kim is ballin!!

.424, 5 HR and 12 steaks..

nice lil 6-1 week..think my offense is gonna carry me. Vajorov, Fazackerly, Hong and Kim give me a great middle of the lineup.. Hahn and Bin Jameel should be solid too

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Why is my bullpen 1st in the division? I guess Pedro Gonzalez is the best player from the DLS trade so far. Duarte is meh and Muyaka got hurt