• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2046 WBL Off-Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It's crazy how well your players played up too. I mean guys who just step into the lineup and hit .330.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It's crazy how well your players played up too. I mean guys who just step into the lineup and hit .330.

I really think it is the protection if that is a real thing. The better the collective talent the more they hit. I think Farid and Ova would have done a lot worse had they not been sandwiched by all stars

Wolfman21

I think thats a thing. Geeves struggled with Ruiz hitting behind him(who was also struggling). However, when I put Prophet behind him when Prophet got healthy over the last few weeks, Geeves hit like a mad man. Also, with Geeves hitting behind Chavez, Chavez had possibly the best hitting season in the SL.

Then again, you could say, "Well with their ratings, they should hit!"...so I dunno

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well I've always viewed that as the reason for my success. I've had guys similar to Hack who came in and struggled when I didn't have the lineup set like this. Hell sauce, juarez, haamid, half of the new guys struggled when they came up when I went through that "restock" phase.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Lineup protection is a real thing in the game..
I don't think it is. I do think that hitting the guy where they want matters a lot. McHeshi as a lead off guy was OK this year but when I put him into the 'middle of the order' his OPS was probably about 1.000. He was probably about a .800 OPS hitting lead off.

Wolfman21

Vajorov preferred "middle of the lineup", however he produced the 2nd best season of his career as a leadoff hitter.

Wolfman21

Also, @OU11...going out to eat after i get off work tonight. I assume i'll be home before you pull exports, but its prolly gonna be pretty late when I export. I just don't wanna miss a crack at a FA or two.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I really think it is the protection if that is a real thing. The better the collective talent the more they hit. I think Farid and Ova would have done a lot worse had they not been sandwiched by all stars
I had that with Madison it seemed, but not Helga. So who knows.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Key worth gone after this year. Had to grab a pitcher somehow at a reasonable price. With LV and FB filling holes the well dried up and the lone horse staring me in the face was the pipeline to Amsterdam.

Young Willie will come into camp slotted as CF if he can knock a 250avg/350 then this worked wondrously.

Gooksta

I don't think it is. I do think that hitting the guy where they want matters a lot. McHeshi as a lead off guy was OK this year but when I put him into the 'middle of the order' his OPS was probably about 1.000. He was probably about a .800 OPS hitting lead off.
Pitch around is a in game strategy for a reason. A bad team with only 2 bats in the lineup that can consistently hurt you.. Pitch around them in rbi situations.. and pitch to the scrubs. Can't do that with a loaded lineup..

doh

Pitch around is a in game strategy for a reason. A bad team with only 2 bats in the lineup that can consistently hurt you.. Pitch around them in rbi situations.. and pitch to the scrubs. Can't do that with a loaded lineup..
Yes but I don't really think that strategy saves runs. I also think it increases pitch counts.

Gooksta

You watch enough simulations you see it.. in my cubs dynasty I would see Rizzo and Castro get pitched around all the time.. I got lineup protection for them.. them getting pitched around came to practically a halt..

doh

It saves runs against weak lineups.. it does increase pitch counts though
I don't agree. I think anytime you give someone basically a free base it's a worse strategy than just pitching to them (unless it's a high leverage situation).

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I like that trade for you figs

It's a monster win for him IMO. Gets a SP that is equal in terms of WAR (who knows what SP WAR means, but Schmidtt is good anyway) and is 23, and a 22 year old CF. Great trade, I'm just stacked at OF so Wilder's only worth to me is as a swing piece.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That has nothing to do with average hitters overperforming.

This is what I meant, I called it protection but I'm not really sure what the right term is. Where the collective talent of your lineup brings the worst (but still good) guys up a notch.

Gooksta

That has nothing to do with average hitters overperforming.
It helps because no one is getting "pitched around". If no one is getting "pitched around". You get more pitches to hit cuz pitchers are attacking you instead of pitching around you.

If the lineup isn't deep then 1/5 of your abs are gonna be situations where you are getting pitched around and really not getting anything to hit.. it has an effect

osick87

Community Liaison
I may have a way.

community-troy-party-hat.gif

Gooksta

So I get the point you are making, but I don't think it's relevant to what I was saying.
Use vajorov as an example.. he hit .315ish in weak lineup his last yr in key west.. then hits .340 in a better lineup with Kabul.. guessing he had a lot more situations with key west where he could be pitched around.. that in itself improved his numbers because in kabuls deeper lineup.. you couldnt pitch around him and had to attack him. Apply same premise to every player

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Use vajorov as an example.. he hit .315ish in weak lineup his last yr in key west.. then hits .340 in a better lineup with Kabul.. guessing he had a lot more situations with key west where he could be pitched around.. that in itself improved his numbers because in kabuls deeper lineup.. you couldnt pitch around him and had to attack him. Apply same premise to every player

He did have about 130 more PA in Kabul in only 10 more games

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I still don't think you are getting it. Vaj is a good hitter regardless and using one year doesn't work for me.

Wolfman21

I'm not sure Vaj got pitched around anymore in KW than he did in Kabul. His walks numbers from last year are right up there near his career average.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
For any player.. getting less abs where you are getting pitched around will equal better numbers..
These guys I'm talking about aren't getting pitched around regardless. Getting pitched around doesn't equal worse numbers either. The OBP should be higher.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm not sure Vaj got pitched around anymore in KW than he did in Kabul. His walks numbers from last year are right up there near his career average.

More PA tho, do BBs count towards PA? Could have had more actual walks instead of intentional.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
These guys I'm talking about aren't getting pitched around regardless. Getting pitched around doesn't equal worse numbers either. The OBP should be higher.

What takes away from PA? He had 135 in 11 more games, so why is that? Being genuine btw, I don't know