• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2047-48 Hot Stove (SET UR ST ROSTERS, SIMMING ST FRIDAY NIGHT)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
All I care about if this is the 11th year, I don't keep track because I don't care. If people want to change them let me know before the 11th year starts and tell me when it is

Seoul was our first champion iirc

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Seoul was our first champion iirc
Cairo beat me in the first human year (2038)

Also not sure why people want to change park factors so much. I think it's dumb. Build your team to your PF. I know this isn't real life (@Orlando) but IRL you change parks every 30-40 years unless you're the Barves and hate black people.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
This isn't a year or two ago where I cared enough to keep track and set everything up so you don't miss anything and create threads to keep you'll in the loop.

If it's 5 years let me know and I'll change them. If it isn't, don't ask. Same goes for anything else, if you've been in the league long enough you should know the deal, don't ask unless it's time to do something. If it is time to do something, remind me because I won't know.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

Also not sure why people want to change park factors so much. I think it's dumb. Build your team to your PF. I know this isn't real life (@Orlando) but IRL you change parks every 30-40 years unless you're the Barves and hate black people.

From what I understand, the Dads change their field every year by moving the walls around.

Wolfman21

This isn't a year or two ago where I cared enough to keep track and set everything up so you don't miss anything and create threads to keep you'll in the loop.

If it's 5 years let me know and I'll change them. If it isn't, don't ask. Same goes for anything else, if you've been in the league long enough you should know the deal, don't ask unless it's time to do something. If it is time to do something, remind me because I won't know.

i think @Gooksta tried to do that though

Gooksta

i havent ever changed mine..

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

Oh doh. The Padres have changed their park like 3 times in 10 years.

Wolfman21

Also there have been 5 new ballparks(which we can't do) opened in the last 6 years. Make it 7 with the braves opening up in 2017. It happens much more frequently than you're giving it credit @doh

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I thought this was more about not bugging OU every off season than MLB trends.

Doh I do build to my park, but I want to change one annoyance I have with it. As an aside, building to your park might get boring if you want to try different roster construction strategies. In Offline you can get fired or get a new job with a completely different set of challenges.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
What are the service time rules in the WBL? I think this is under a section I can't view as a non-commish.

I'm trying to figure out how long I have to hold a few players down.

Lloyd Carr

If I got rid of Enquist, Id have to get rid of everyone. Id have to go full Tankee, but Tankee already did that this year.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I thought this was more about not bugging OU every off season than MLB trends.

Doh I do build to my park, but I want to change one annoyance I have with it. As an aside, building to your park might get boring if you want to try different roster construction strategies. In Offline you can get fired or get a new job with a completely different set of challenges.
Make a thread and put your changes down

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
I have to say I enjoyed free agency this year. It was fun to see some familiar names available to bid on.

Contract extension demands remain ludicrous. Nico, you want another six years at 18M per? You're 35, you know that, right? Enjoy making 6M next year in Baton Rouge.

Gooksta

I have to say I enjoyed free agency this year. It was fun to see some familiar names available to bid on.

Contract extension demands remain ludicrous. Nico, you want another six years at 18M per? You're 35, you know that, right? Enjoy making 6M next year in Baton Rouge.

I kinda feel game developers are in a no win situation

game requests from game fans "free agency sucks. all these guys take low deals to stay with team"

developers - make re-signing players harder to increase free agency

game requests from game fans "these requests from players are horrible, I cant re-sign any of them"

:clown:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Wow, Harrison picked up 15 defensive points in LF after force starting him all ST. He's up to 60 defense and I'll start him platooning there.

He's had a weird career, he was up to 45 in CF and then the rating dropped all the way to 35 instead of improving. He then got stranded while I was inactive so stayed stinking at CF in AA. Trying to salvage some usefulness out of him.

Gooksta

Wow, Harrison picked up 15 defensive points in LF after force starting him all ST. He's up to 60 defense and I'll start him platooning there.

He's had a weird career, he was up to 45 in CF and then the rating dropped all the way to 35 instead of improving. He then got stranded while I was inactive so stayed stinking at CF in AA. Trying to salvage some usefulness out of him.
he could probaby learn 2b pretty quickly also

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I kinda feel game developers are in a no win situation

game requests from game fans "free agency sucks. all these guys take low deals to stay with team"

developers - make re-signing players harder to increase free agency

game requests from game fans "these requests from players are horrible, I cant re-sign any of them"

:clown:

It's standard OOTP. They obviously tweaked the settings but went to far. It will be fixed in a couple patches.

I just don't understand how this doesn't get ironed out during a beta. Same with players refusing to go to the meeting tho. It's obviously a widespread issue.

Gooksta

35 rated Chuck Knoblauch arm. I assume that's too low?
I dunno.. I dont care about arm strength @ 2b.. only care about it at SS and 3B
but could have 60+ range and pos rank.. thats pretty good, if you can find a way to use him as a pinch runner/def sub late in games it will add to his value imo

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
It's standard OOTP. They obviously tweaked the settings but went to far. It will be fixed in a couple patches.

I just don't understand how this doesn't get ironed out during a beta. Same with players refusing to go to the meeting tho. It's obviously a widespread issue.

The new development model. Release untested code, get quick feedback from the early adopters / hyper-users, then respond quickly with patches. Good in-house QA would prevent a lot of this cut-and-shovel.

I think Paradox is going down the same path. They're hiring the hyper-users to fix exploits but don't seem to address core gameplay issues, to the point that I think they make the entry point harder for a new user.

Reactions: doh

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
^ I need to concede that I did software QA type work during my years in systems engineering with Lucent, and while I found a lot of bugs, at the end of the day the best data came from cutting over and just responding as best we could when the users hammered on the systems. I know this stuff is not easy. /end of old man rant

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Guys, they have like maybe 10 guys that do this :laughing:

They dont have time to test everything which is why things are slightly brokedick for a while. Outside of quale's problems this is better than 15. And now that they have the mlb license and have sold more copies than probably the last few year combined they will hire more coders. I bet it's really easy to change something and accidentally go the other way on the scale too far. I dont think its totally unreasonable, but it seems like its coded to performance without regard to age as much.

I'm sure it'll get patched

Lloyd Carr

I'm out of town, so I set my minor's on AI control.

I just checked, and I the AI destroyed everything. 6 guys (total) in single A? get out of here, AI.

Wolfman21

fishing-o.gif