• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2050 WBL Draft Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'd like to delete any comp picks that were a result of not signing a traded pick, not sure about the amount of work that would entail though
I agree. Should be pretty easy to find out.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yea he's a sinkerballer with a huge gb%, so whatever. I've had no good bat prospects through the system in years other than Gonzales but im sure itll sort itself out eventually.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
So the teams with two picks are:

Lisbon
False Bay
Riggers
Cairo

I think FB was the only one who received the pick by trade via BA. @OU11

Lloyd Carr

Well we've got 19 comp. picks this year in the first three rounds.

Is there a way to see an overview for the draft from 2049? The draft website isn't updated with that information.

Lloyd Carr

All the trades are done @OU11

Dealing with comp. picks is a little complicated, and I'll probably need to see the overview of the 2049 draft to have more certainty in what is a regular comp. pick and what is a comp. pick from a traded pick.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
All the trades are done @OU11

Dealing with comp. picks is a little complicated, and I'll probably need to see the overview of the 2049 draft to have more certainty in what is a regular comp. pick and what is a comp. pick from a traded pick.
Yeah that's the issue. I uploaded all of the past draft folders so it should have it but it doesnt. I'll investigate. If quale is right that fb is the only first rounder, then it's just the 800 second round picks

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You are a commish, you delete them all. I'm not putting that evil on ma'self

Lloyd Carr

Yeah that's the issue. I uploaded all of the past draft folders so it should have it but it doesnt. I'll investigate. If quale is right that fb is the only first rounder, then it's just the 800 second round picks

Well what I have right now:

#3 - Lisbon's regular pick from 2049 draft. Lisbon did not sign.
#7 - Key West's regular pick from 2049 draft traded to False Bay. False Bay did not sign.
#10 - Buenos Aires regular pick from 2049 draft traded to False Bay, then traded from False Bay to North Dakota. North Dakota did not sign.
# 11 - Cairo's regular pick from 2049 draft. Cairo did not sign.

So, for the 1st round, both North Dakota and False Bay did not sign a pick that they received from a trade. North Dakota received the 2049 #9 and the #17 picks from False Bay (#9 being from BA, and #17 being FB's regular pick). North Dakota signed the #17, but failed to sign the #9 pick, which turned into the #10 comp. pick for ND this year. False Bay received the #6 from Key West, which they didn't sign. That turned into the #7 comp. pick this year.

Cairo and Lisbon both failed to sign their regular #1st rounder from 2049. So their picks are just regular comp. picks from not signing last year's #1 pick.

*I am like 95% certain the #7 is from KW, based on a trade in the finalized trade thread. BUT, I can't be 100% certain without seeing the full draft.

#29 -
#32 - Bueno's Aires' regular pick from 2049 draft. Did not sign.
#33/34 - One is Cairo's regular pick from 2049 draft, which was not signed. The other is Cairo's regular pick in the 2050 draft.
#35 - Seoul's regular pick from 2049 draft. Did not sign.
#36 -
#37 -
#38 -
#40 -

#29 (Amsterdam), #36 (Lisbon), #37 (Istanbul), #38 (Las Vegas), #40 (Helsingborg) get a little more complicated. Given where Amsterdam/Lisbon/Istanbul finished in the standings in 2048 and thus regularly picked in the 2049 draft, the 2050 29/36/37 picks seem like picks that were acquired from trades. Vegas and Helsingborg might be regular comp. picks (they fall where you'd think they'd normally pick, but without all the evidence, I can't be certain), but it'd be easier to tell based on the layout of the 2049 draft.

#54/55

Those are the 3rd round comp. picks. Again, based on seeing where those picks fall in the layout of the draft, it'd be easier to see if they were original or traded comp. picks. For instance, if the team who drafted #64 had a record which would put them more toward picking #50, you'd know they got that #64 pick from a trade rather than from their original draft position. But without being able to see the draft, deciding what the pick is would be based off of assumption and some guess work. I might be able to take a good guess (and try to back it up with the finalized trade thread; but even that doesn't give me 100% certainty) about which picks are original and which picks are from trades, but I wouldn't be certain in my conclusions.

Even the 1st round and 2nd round conclusions I've drawn have a bit of assumption in them, since I can't see exactly if the picks are where I think they were.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You aren't going to see the full draft. You have whatever is in the history.

Lloyd Carr

You aren't going to see the full draft. You have whatever is in the history.

yeah, I realized that after taking a look at 2048 history on the website a minute ago. I don't think it's possible to determine with 100% accuracy what a regular comp. pick is and what a comp. pick based off a trade is.

There's just too much guess work and variance based off previous year's comp. picks and missing information in the data available.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think the first round is right like you posted. You can see the 2049 draft order in the history. I picked last so I'm guessing #40 is a comp pick for me. If you go into the history you can see who was picked and if you click them you can see if they signed.

Lloyd Carr

Is there an option to turn off comp. picks?

If so, we might want to just decide as a league to get rid of comp. picks. Maybe if there is an extenuating circumstance (you lost internet access during signing period and couldn't sign, or a pick went from "x" to "Impossible" between the draft/signing, etc...) we can manually put in an extra (comp.) pick in the draft.

I don't know what we'd do for this year's draft, but it'd clean things up for future drafts.

Lloyd Carr

I think the first round is right like you posted. You can see the 2049 draft order in the history. I picked last so I'm guessing #40 is a comp pick for me. If you go into the history you can see who was picked and if you click them you can see if they signed.

Yeah, I think #40 is your regular comp. pick and #38 could be doh's. But the math is kind of weird since doh's is 38th and your's is 40th, but he picked at #15 last year and you picked at #18. So there is a missing pick between the #38 and #40.

Speaking of missing picks, I couldn't do the Amsterdam 2nd to BA trade in this year's draft because there isn't an Amsterdam 2nd where their regular 2nd should be. The pick is missing.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah, I think #40 is your regular comp. pick and #38 could be doh's. But the math is kind of weird since doh's is 38th and your's is 40th, but he picked at #15 last year and you picked at #18. So there is a missing pick between the #38 and #40.

Speaking of missing picks, I couldn't do the Amsterdam 2nd to BA trade in this year's draft because there isn't an Amsterdam 2nd where their regular 2nd should be. The pick is missing.
I deleted it, give him the 29th

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
yeah, I realized that after taking a look at 2048 history on the website a minute ago. I don't think it's possible to determine with 100% accuracy what a regular comp. pick is and what a comp. pick based off a trade is.

Just ask and use the honor system, oh wait that won't work. The WBL. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be careful.

Lloyd Carr

If they were traded and have a comp, delete them hoes

That's the thing, I can't determine that with 100% certainty. The data isn't complete enough for me to draw complete conclusions. I can make assumptions, but it's possible I could be wrong.

Am I deleting @jdlikewhoa 's and @Travis7401 's #7 and #10 comp picks since they look like they came about from trades? Or are we just doing the 2nd round and 3rd round?

Lloyd Carr

Based off of assumption, some guess work, and the data available, here are the comp. picks I'm going to delete:

#7 (@jdlikewhoa )
#10 (@Travis7401 )
#36 (@Schauwn )
#37 (@Yankee151 )
#62 (@bruin228 )
#64 (@OU11 )

Basically only removing 2 picks per round. I'm not 100% sure these are all right, nor am I 100% sure these are the only ones I should be deleting.

Might be easier just to say fuck it this year, and make some rule changes for next year. No comp. picks after this year.

Edit: I probably should, if I am deleting those comp. picks, delete the #29 and input an Amsterdam pick towards the back end of round 2 and trade that to Buenos Aires. That'd be more fair and in line with what we're trying to do here.

Edit 2: I also don't think #38 and #40 are LV/Helsingborg regular picks. I need to look more into it.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
#7 (#6 last year) was definitely not FB's, they went 102-58 or whatever in 2048 so no way they picked that high. #9 seems too high for the original Riggers pick too. So I think those are correct as well

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That's the thing, I can't determine that with 100% certainty. The data isn't complete enough for me to draw complete conclusions. I can make assumptions, but it's possible I could be wrong.

Am I deleting @jdlikewhoa 's and @Travis7401 's #7 and #10 comp picks since they look like they came about from trades? Or are we just doing the 2nd round and 3rd round?

updating the league's website right now, I'll take a look. Who did travis trade with to get the 10th? That would have meant whoever traded selected 9th last year. Get's a little dicey in the second since I deleted my picks. Looks like that was Travis' pick at 9.

wDio6yU.png

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Looking at the 2048 standings there's only 4 teams with lower records than Travis' 66-96, LR, BR, Lisbon, and Istanbul (no order), so #5 was definitely his originally.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Now of course there's the argument that JD got hoodwinked because he didn't realize the one signing period he had and Travis is very new to the game, so if you want to keep their picks I have no objection

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I really think we let those two slide @Lloyd Carr. Leave the first round as it is, just get rid of the second round abominations.

dammit yankee

Lloyd Carr

yeah, I'm cool with keeping those first rounders. They'd fit in with the extenuating circumstances idea.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'll second that. Keep the first as is. Delete all second round comp picks. Everyone gets one pick. After this year comp picks are gone sans special circumstances.