• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2050 WBL Draft Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That's the thing, I can't determine that with 100% certainty. The data isn't complete enough for me to draw complete conclusions. I can make assumptions, but it's possible I could be wrong.

Am I deleting @jdlikewhoa 's and @Travis7401 's #7 and #10 comp picks since they look like they came about from trades? Or are we just doing the 2nd round and 3rd round?

I had the #5 pick last season as an original rigger pick. I then traded back from #5 with FB to get the #9 pick and FB's regular late 1st round pick (which I signed). Not sure if that helps clear things up, but they were basically swapped and the #9 pick had been previously traded as well.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Then you are correct. @Travis7401 gon' be mad that he brought this up now.

Not mad at all, honestly. I'd rather just get things right and then do away with comp picks moving forward (unless you can prove extenuating circumstances). There is no good reason to not sign players and it kinda just fucks up the draft for everyone else.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I had the #5 pick last season as an original rigger pick. I then traded back from #5 with FB to get the #9 pick and FB's regular late 1st round pick (which I signed). Not sure if that helps clear things up, but they were basically swapped and the #9 pick had been previously traded as well.
It clears up that you hated the comp picks but didnt volunteer to 86 yours

Lloyd Carr

I'll second that. Keep the first as is. Delete all second round comp picks. Everyone gets one pick. After this year comp picks are gone sans special circumstances.

What about the 3rd round?

And all comp picks? Or just those which were result of trades?

@OU11

Lloyd Carr

I personally want to just get rid of all the comp picks. I'm pretty comfortable I've narrowed down which are legitimate picks for the 2050 draft, and which are comp picks from the 2049 draft.

Where I get a little uncertain is when it comes to what 2049 comp pick is the owner's natural pick, or the result of a trade.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Not mad at all, honestly. I'd rather just get things right and then do away with comp picks moving forward (unless you can prove extenuating circumstances). There is no good reason to not sign players and it kinda just fucks up the draft for everyone else.

This is the way to go. Comp picks should be turned off- but if someone rolls the dice and drafts an "impossible" guy in the 1st round (who is a legitimate talent) and doesn't get him, I'd be ok with that owner getting compensation. No more strategic non-signings.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It clears up that you hated the comp picks but didnt volunteer to 86 yours

I didn't understand the comp pick thing from the start and I definitely still hate it. Pin the trog tail on me for not signing my guy and remove the #10 pick, I'm 100% fine with that.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@OU11 if we can't turn off comp picks in game, we can pretty easily create our own draft order in the OU.

Schauwn

I left the 1st round alone. So those four comp picks for Lisbon, FB, ND, and Cairo are still there.
This is the one I was wondering about, my 1st from last year. If I understand all this right, then I still have it. The reason I didnt sign him last year was because of a lack of funding, just so everyone knows...nothing nefarious.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
This is the one I was wondering about, my 1st from last year. If I understand all this right, then I still have it. The reason I didnt sign him last year was because of a lack of funding, just so everyone knows...nothing nefarious.
From now on the only comp picks are if they are impossible

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Will your owner ever not let you meet a players demands? Like if you have no money.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
lol, lack of funding is even worse. womp womp womp. That better not happen to me this season. We get draft monies after the new budget, right?

Good day first rounder

This is an important message to you. As you read the mail, you should sympathize with my current situation and assist me. My name is Mister Manager the only survivor from the tragic IFA period. I was narrowly escaped from the math disaster which affected my WBL budget, my neighbor was not so lucky.

I cannot do this myself anymore that is why am soliciting your assistant to make this donation through you. If you sign for -$700,000 in (OVERSEA CREDIT COMMISSION ABROAD) for safekeeping I will pay you back when fan interest high

If you are willing and ready to assist with this project,please e-mail me at [email protected] without delay, while I wait to hear from you.Thanks once again for your kindness may all your endeavors be great in life

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Will your owner ever not let you meet a players demands? Like if you have no money.

Yeah, if you go over the draft budget he set and it causes you to go into the red you can't sign anybody.

lol, lack of funding is even worse. womp womp womp. That better not happen to me this season. We get draft monies after the new budget, right?

Technically we've already had the draft that is on this year's budget.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
if you exceed the rookie budget, you can still use your normal money to supplement it right?

Does that mean that RAT was the real reason Schauwn couldn't sign Norman?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You were gone on vacation, but I posted a google doc split into batters and pitchers on the 1st page of the thread, brotha.

jdlikewhoa

ekJ48.gif