• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

228 Ways to the Winter Meetings! The 128th Annual Winter Meetings in FORTALEZA, BRAZIL!

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
File is uploading

giphy.gif

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
So @Travis7401 , as a complete have not, most of the people who I targeted have chosen elsewhere. I upped my bids to more than I could afford for a lot of them. I have some second choices in the pipeline but I expect they'll also head elsewhere (for RF, SPx2). I did get Lopez for LF, Paulinho for CF and a reasonable and cheap fourth outfielder. I was never seriously targeting 3rd base as I don't have enough money, but may do if I get the SPs for decent money. I think you underestimate how difficult it is when next to nobody wants to play at your organisation.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
they chose elsewhere because they got offered more money to play elsewhere or equal money and chose a better team. I think you would have been better off to narrow your focus a bit and sign players for a few of those key spots, then look for scraps to fill needs 5-8. Now you're looking at scraps for some of your top needs!

TonyGin&Juice

Fucking @jdlikewhoa and @doh being HAVES taking all of the good BP arms. Still, got some new FRESH AND SO CLEAN meat for the 2080 bullpen. Never again will I let my BP be as shitty as it was last year.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here's a guy KARL recommended you look at:
NDR - Signed free agent SP Ted Warford to a minor league contract

I put in a minor league contract offer on him and he signed with me, meaning nobody else offered him at all, lol.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
they chose elsewhere because they got offered more money to play elsewhere or equal money and chose a better team. I think you would have been better off to narrow your focus a bit and sign players for a few of those key spots, then look for scraps to fill needs 5-8. Now you're looking at scraps for some of your top needs!

WAT? Ur just trying to use me for a punchline. I've had offers in for the best players I could afford at every position you suggested. I think I got shafted on one or two players as vets outbid me by $50 (I will never put a round number in again). Top of ur list was pitchers and OFs - I have a LF and a CF that were suggested by Karl, I have a decent 4th OF, and the pitchers just won't come, but have bids left on a couple. The reliever that I needed, as you suggested, was already on my squad. Wat the fuck am I supposed to do?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Here's a guy KARL recommended you look at:
NDR - Signed free agent SP Ted Warford to a minor league contract

I put in a minor league contract offer on him and he signed with me, meaning nobody else offered him at all, lol.

So your tactic is to put in offers for 8 pitchers and then just cut the ones you don't want and take the salary hit? That'd do me good wouldn't it?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I guess I was mostly confused why you hadn't signe an SP and I'm out here accidentally signing one of ur recommended SPs to a minor league contract :laughing:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
So your tactic is to put in offers for 8 pitchers and then just cut the ones you don't want and take the salary hit? That'd do me good wouldn't it?

Minor league contracts don't cost anything unless you promote them, and you wouldn't be cutting any of those guys, lol... You could use all 8 pitchers!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Minor league contracts don't cost anything unless you promote them, and you wouldn't be cutting any of those guys, lol... You could use all 8 pitchers!

FFS Travis, I tried. I have had offers in for 6 pitchers. All of the guys bar one on my list who wanted minor league contracts upped it to major league. At this point ur just making me feel bad.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
FFS Travis, I tried. I have had offers in for 6 pitchers. All of the guys bar one on my list who wanted minor league contracts upped it to major league. At this point ur just making me feel bad.

By making base offers on 6 pitchers you gonna end up with pitcher #0! I'm saying to narrow your focus and make sure you get 1-2 pitchers!

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I really think new GMs don't avail themselves of this great opportunity.
You joining the league and doing the Mary Jane trade is one of the gr8 moments in WBL history. EVERYONE said you got the blue blanket and you ended up with a HoG player (PLUGZ), GOAT RP (Can Son) plus two more useful players. Maybe a pick too? I couldn't pull that up in the game.

The bigger fleece was Cliff McLean (future HoG), SP Vicente Delgado (future HoG) for C Hadde de Buen. Then I traded for McLean.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
By making base offers on 6 pitchers you gonna end up with pitcher #0! I'm saying to narrow your focus and make sure you get 1-2 pitchers!

What makes you think I made base offers? I think at this point you seem to be using me as a pawn to feed ur own ego, and I'm not sure if I like that.

TonyGin&Juice

You joining the league and doing the Mary Jane trade is one of the gr8 moments in WBL history. EVERYONE said you got the blue blanket and you ended up with a HoG player (PLUGZ), GOAT RP (Can Son) plus two more useful players. Maybe a pick too? I couldn't pull that up in the game.

The bigger fleece was Cliff McLean (future HoG), SP Vicente Delgado (future HoG) for C Hadde de Buen. Then I traded for McLean.

Minus Niek "Brian Urlacher" Ploeg I really hosed myself by trading all of those pieces for absolutely nothing. Can Son was one of those guys I got really impatient with and traded back to you, Delgado was traded for lottery tickets (draft picks). McLean was great but my financials were fucked at the time so I couldn't hold on to him. Some of the extras from those trades did end up being contributors though, so it wasn't a total fail for either party. Just dumb assery on my part overpaying guys for things they did in the past instead of going MERCENARY and non-tendering guys that are done instead of overpaying in ARB. Finally learned that the hard way.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Happy with some of my additions. Overpaid for a closer but got a good value on supersub Provoost. Also picked up 5 lotto tickets

TonyGin&Juice

What makes you think I made base offers? I think at this point you seem to be using me as a pawn to feed ur own ego, and I'm not sure if I like that.

Listen, fuck all of this "don't bring shame on the family crest" nonsense. Offer guys $10K to $1M with a minor league contract and they'll sign no matter how shit ur WBL level team is at the time. I've signed a ton of "could be SOME BUM/might not be a TOTAL BUM" guys over the years in FA for cheap and it's easily the best WBL money I've ever spent. You've got to treat FAs the way I tell @Rutgers Mike to treat chicks at the Stony Pony - ask them all out and pray that security doesn't go North Korea on you and bust ur skull. You'll probably get 99/100 "go fuck yaselves" but that 1/100 probably going rock you like a Hurricane 40oz.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Listen, fuck all of this "don't bring shame on the family crest" nonsense. Offer guys $10K to $1M with a minor league contract and they'll sign no matter how shit ur WBL level team is at the time. I've signed a ton of "could be SOME BUM/might not be a TOTAL BUM" guys over the years in FA for cheap and it's easily the best WBL money I've ever spent. You've got to treat FAs the way I tell @Rutgers Mike to treat chicks at the Stony Pony - ask them all out and pray that security doesn't go North Korea on you and bust ur skull. You'll probably get 99/100 "go fuck yaselves" but that 1/100 probably going rock you like a Hurricane 40oz.

I've taken a chance on several AAAA guys.

TonyGin&Juice

I've taken a chance on several AAAA guys.

Take more chances on them. If I wasn't a total FOOL when it comes to WBL (and real life) money I would have signed 25 AAAA guys last year but alas I was fucked financially. Just don't pull a Wooly and sign ALL of the FAs to minor league contracts.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Alright let's get the cockbusters going... have a bunch of guys who are ready for WBL who I'd like to move. Ask @jdlikewhoa: these guys will move FAST with any type of good offer.

1B Lawler Meagher (just 23, ready to hit in the WBL v RHP, .450 OBP/.700+ SLG in AAA LY): http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_3938.html
RHSP/RP Loi Ong (70 control, 75 stamina, nice #4-5 innings eater): http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_6763.html
LHRP Tegene "Hillary's fault" Belgazi (gr8 stuff, still just 25): http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_7548.html
RHSP "Not the head butter"Zidan Jomo (3.93 career ERA in almost 100 starts): http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_5447.html
RHRP Jeff Knapp (gr8 stuff): http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_4957.html
People need some decent WBL pitchers... COME GET THEM!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

I can do a better job of being helpful and not making fun, I'm sorry. I was mostly trying to figure out what was going wrong with the system since so many of the targets signed with other teams this sim.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@TonyGin&Juice , I literally have changed my entire AAA roster of pitchers this offseason. I also tried hard to make moves in FA for the guys @Travis7401 suggested, I've sunk about 24 man hours into the game, that I could be practicing guitar and improving my only tradable skill, and then I still get taken the piss out of for being useless at the game. IDK:dunno: I'm not a quitter so I'm probably best off stopping trying at this point and just posting up the odd off hand funny schtick.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I can do a better job of being helpful and not making fun, I'm sorry. I was mostly trying to figure out what was going wrong with the system since so many of the targets signed with other teams this sim.

I could do better NEVER to take anything said on utopia personally (that's literally the first rule of utopia). It's just I've stuck too many hours into this game, AND I'M STILL FUCKING USELESS.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Take more chances on them. If I wasn't a total FOOL when it comes to WBL (and real life) money I would have signed 25 AAAA guys last year but alas I was fucked financially. Just don't pull a Wooly and sign ALL of the FAs to minor league contracts.

I have literally signed 20 AAAA guys this offseason (most of who'm I would probably be laughed at for). You can take a look at my minor league pitching roster (and a few OFs). It was a total disaster so I had to spend HOURS doing this.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I have literally signed 20 AAAA guys this offseason (most of who'm I would probably be laughed at for). You can take a look at my minor league pitching roster (and a few OFs). It was a total disaster so I had to spend HOURS doing this.
The good thing about AAAA players is you can roll the dice on a bunch of them, and if they suck you can move on quickly without getting your ego bruised

TonyGin&Juice

@TonyGin&Juice , I literally have changed my entire AAA roster of pitchers this offseason. I also tried hard to make moves in FA for the guys @Travis7401 suggested, I've sunk about 24 man hours into the game, that I could be practicing guitar and improving my only tradable skill, and then I still get taken the piss out of for being useless at the game. IDK:dunno: I'm not a quitter so I'm probably best off stopping trying at this point and just posting up the odd off hand funny schtick.

Bruh, this is a text based baseball game that's seen absolute morons like the clown running Miami win not one but TWO World Serious Championships making incredibly awful trades, signings, and promotions. The only way to learn this game is to go FULL TILT aspie-lite and learn ur team inside and out. Because of a crushing depression I haven't really cared about OOTP for over 18 months but not that I'm getting my swag back my immersion is going up and I find myself really looking at my team and how I can build up the org without tanking or going broke. It takes time to figure it out and it can be incredibly frustrating at times but once you get a good feel for it this is probably one of the best and well run leagues out there.

Besides, we ALL get the piss taken out of us on the reg around here because of our moves (or lack there of). In fact, now that I don't feel like I'm going to do some day drinking at the Cleveland Escape Bar I'm going to start doing all kinds of crazy shit to liven this league back up. If I weren't terrified of another -$30M financial situation I'd fire up Manatee One and set the destination for Crazy Town Trading Centre but I have to show some restrain if I don't want to be the early 2000s Kansas City Royals (again, again).

My minor league teams are usually pretty good because I always spend a lot of time going through and signing lottery ticket minor league free agents around this time so I'm not depending on the PINK TURDS (@Travis7401) to keep my A and AA teams from being trash. As mentioned earlier I haven't really cared about much the past 18 months so my minors were under Otto's control and they were absolutely awful. Fixing that will take at least 2-3 seasons unless upping my development budget to $18M leads to some of these guys going from "should be hanging sheetrock" to "learns a third/fourth pitch" / "can finally hit a curveball" territory. It sucks, it's frustrating but it's also FUN when you finally start to see ur gambles paying off.

jdlikewhoa

Futility is the penalty for breaking the 5 minutes a day rule.

TonyGin&Juice

Just going to throw this out there but if you're looking to compete now I am still open to moving Jim 'Snatch' Vickers if you're interested. Not sure if you we can work out a trade that doesn't strip ur system but if you want to win some more games now and have a legit stud hitter under cheap team control for the next couple of years he's a hard guy to beat. I definitely wouldn't offer him to any of the HAVES so if you're interested let's see if we can work something out. If not, no big deal, just something I know we've talked about before and I still have three guys that can all hit without as position and only two DH/1B spots available.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Just going to throw this out there but if you're looking to compete now I am still open to moving Jim 'Snatch' Vickers if you're interested. Not sure if you we can work out a trade that doesn't strip ur system but if you want to win some more games now and have a legit stud hitter under cheap team control for the next couple of years he's a hard guy to beat. I definitely wouldn't offer him to any of the HAVES so if you're interested let's see if we can work something out. If not, no big deal, just something I know we've talked about before and I still have three guys that can all hit without as position and only two DH/1B spots available.

I'm not actually looking to compete. @Travis7401 just talked me into it. I'm stacked with draft picks, and my system is far better than rated. I was really looking at 3-4 years.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
No he is awesome. Had one of the GOAT RP seasons of all-time last year for me. Then had one of the worst postseasons of all-time.

I am loving people are back in FA. @Rutgers Mike is going with a quick German re-armament. Makes me want to bring back the Dowher Rankings.

I will always say THANK YOU to Honeyfield for his 2074 playoffs. He would just go out and throw 3 inning saves. 15 IP, 6 Saves, 20Ks