• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

College Baseball/Softball Thread

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Come on Paw Paw that ain’t necessary

I guess everyone pretty much has to just take it while they’re on top of the world, but it would be very satisfying to see them fall short of Omaha. I would probably be into it if it were my team, but they’re the least likable team in college baseball from the head coach on down.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Screen_Shot_2017_10_23_at_9.52.07_AM.png

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
It's crazy how much softball has exploded in popularity recently. While I was in Dallas this weekend, almost every TV we saw in public had a game on, and even here in Trumpistan where we're opening this fried chicken restaurant, the rednecks are excited about softball. Obviously OU being really good for the past decade helps, but still. It wasn't like this 5 years ago.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I only started watching last year, I saw a few pieces of games over the years but I actually sat and watched whole games last year and I'm surprised at how much fun it is to watch. Games being 2 hours helps a lot too.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
It's crazy how much softball has exploded in popularity recently.
Parity helps. Before 2011, it was pretty much a two-team tournament. Of the first 28 WCWS, 20 of them were won by UCLA or Arizona, including a ten-year span (1988-1997) where the two schools won every year except for 1995 since that championship was vacated. Additionally, in 12 of those 28 years, either UCLA or Arizona was the runner-up.

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Real OSU fans knew Texas would win not because Texas should but because OSU can't. It was a good run though, they should have thrown Maxwell in the first to try and get it over with