• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK Corches Hot Seat Thread 2019

Lightningwar

Administrator
I'm hearing Kendall Briles and Clements will go to Ole Piss. Norvell is a solid hire by FSU. Unfortunately for a bunch of FSU fans they were thinking Stoops will be a legit option(including me). But Stoops rejected FSU's offer on Nov 14th and it was who is the best available. Norvell ended up being the best available. The rest on the list used the opportunity to get a better deal.

Craig7835

Wtf at Eddie Gran, though lol

Scoring offense rank at Kentucky under Gran:

2016: 60th
2017: 84th
2018: 89th
2019: 91st

Isn't this the same goof ball that basically threw away what worked at Kentucky(the Air Raid) & started running the LAMEST RPO that has a lack of passing game? Where did Stoops get this dude from?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
T7YTCcq.png

@Brick

Renegade

Charge on!
LOL, start off targeting Mike Leach and get this. He’s a local and was on Bert’s staff. Hopefully he’s cheap to fire in 3 years.

The only possible “strategy” to this hire is to go back to Bert’s power run game and really try to slow the game down against more talented teams. Seems like Bert’s problem was more being a lazy ass recruiter than being a shit coach. Still, pretty hard to be optimistic about this hire.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Slow the game down should be Niumatalolo or Monken.

Why would you want 0 HC experience. There seems like many better options.

Post 666, DOOMED

Renegade

Charge on!
Slow the game down should be Niumatalolo or Monken.

Why would you want 0 HC experience. There seems like many better options.

Post 666, DOOMED

Well, this guy assembled a stud OL at Arkansas previously. Apparently Bert pissed him off by ignoring recruits, so he left. It seems like he is a top recruiter and also a great developer of OL talent.

Flexbone is one way to slow the game down, but you can do it too with three yards and a cloud of dust from under center with a power line. You don’t see that much now because if you can get the OL talent necessary for it, you probably don’t really need to do it.

I’m somewhat optimistic he’ll fix the offense, so the bigger question is what he’ll do for the defense.

Ander1345

I hope they at least called Ron Rivera to do their due diligence. Obviously unlikely.

Renegade

Charge on!
Looks like Clemson co-OC Jeff Scott will be the new boss at USF. He’s expected to bring dad Brad, of South Carolina infamy, as some sort of Deputy AD type.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Good get for them all things considering, but knowing USF he will turn into a potato

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ander1345

Dying because of that Petrino gif. Had a good run. Shame I'll never get to see 2030 B1G champs Illini.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well the only way they can get worse is losing to Nevada instead of beating them as one of their two wins each year, so screw it, bring on CROOT

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
But by the most traditional stat of Wooly Eye test of power O-Lines, Oregon is #2 behind Wisconsin!

Arroyo is very bad and so is UNLV right now but UNLV is getting new facilities and will have one of the nicest stadiums in the country next year, so he could probably simply CROOT his way to .500 records (Who's gonna beat him, firstdown.gif?) there before getting hired by a p5 and flaming out 5 years down the road

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think he can do well enough to get a p5 job and flame out down the road because people are obssessed with CROOTIN. There are harder MWC schools to recruit too, especially with the new changes. I doubt they win more than 7 games under him tho

Graham Harrell also interviewed with UNLV which would be the real FAP FAP FAP

Brick

oregon rotated 5 senior lineman with over 200 combined starts, and the only other lineman was sewell, who some think is the best OL in the country. they had a 4th year starting QB.

despite that they were 43rd in rushing yards and 29th in YPC and cristobal's whole shtick is HARDED NOSE and POUND DA BALL.

he's garbage.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I am just hoping for him to bring in talent then leave for a p5 job thinking he's actually a good corch and Graham Harrell (or insert Leach assistant here) takes over and uses that talent to bring the AIR RAID to UNLV in 2023

Craig7835

oregon rotated 5 senior lineman with over 200 combined starts, and the only other lineman was sewell, who some think is the best OL in the country. they had a 4th year starting QB.

despite that they were 43rd in rushing yards and 29th in YPC and cristobal's whole shtick is HARDED NOSE and POUND DA BALL.

he's garbage.

And yet ESPN says he's a good offensive coordinator but others including Oregon fans say otherwise. What if Arroyo hired Eddie Gran to his staff? Just imagine THAT offense?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
It might not have been so obvious if it wasn't Oregon. they had some of the most prolific offenses in college football history and now they trotting out middle of the road stuff and being told how great it is.

Brick

It might not have been so obvious if it wasn't Oregon. they had some of the most prolific offenses in college football history and now they trotting out middle of the road stuff and being told how great it is.
this. even the year they went 4-8, herbert's true frosh year, they were 15th in both total and scoring offense. they were 15th in ypc.

arroyo is getting a pass because this is oregon's best defense in a while. and the DC, avalos actually is a really good corch. that is why they are winning. the offense has been nothing more than solid at even their peak this year.

so either the scheme is garbage or all these seniors and sewell are overrated, because the production is merely good and in no way dominant. i wonder which one it is? HMMMMMMMMM