• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Fantasy Football - Nobody cares about your fantasy football team so shut up about it

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Forsett and Abdullah

Hyde's bunch will fall behind early, and I don't think he'll get a ton of touches in the 2nd half.

-YTC

MSUFanatic

I was offered Andrew Luck and Melvin Gordon for Arian Foster and Gates. Obviously, Arian is the best chip here but I have Marshawn, Jeremy Hill and Hyde and we can only start 3 RB's Max each week. I'd be buying low on Luck but it's only a matter of time before he gets on track.

thoughts?

I think you can do better than that Foster's stock won't be any higher than it is right now. I'd try to get another piece.

worst2first

Also got Ingram in that bunch. Forsett had been a dud so far

Ingram isn't going to do much more than about 50 and maybe a TD a game but that's enough for me to start him at Flex. Everyone but Hyde in that bunch has bad matchups this week. The Packer's run D is not good but if they get a huge lead that won't matter so much. I think I'd probably go with Hyde and Ingram.

Garcon, Ginn Jr. or Terrance Williams at WR? Anyone? I'm leaning towards Ginn.

Tailback U

I was offered Andrew Luck and Melvin Gordon for Arian Foster and Gates. Obviously, Arian is the best chip here but I have Marshawn, Jeremy Hill and Hyde and we can only start 3 RB's Max each week. I'd be buying low on Luck but it's only a matter of time before he gets on track.

thoughts?

who is your current qb?

Tailback U

Yeah that game should be pretty high scoring with how bad the defenses are.

i would go with forte because he has a more proven track record. I heard some stat that he is like 83% of the Bears offense this season or some shit.

Tailback U

Just did a trade in my other 10 team ppr keeper league -

I moved

Hyde
Martavis Bryant

For

Dez
Crowell

What do you guys think? Hopefully Dez comes back 100%. I have pretty good RBs in gore, latavius, Foster and Gurley which is why I moved Dez. I also have antonio brown so I really wanted to get rid of martavis since Ben is out for a bit.

S

Sink

Need to pick 2 of Arian Foster, Carlos Hyde, and Joseph Randle. Leaning Foster/Randle right now.

Texacotea

Thank you brees/CJ spiller for ending the game early.in OT. Witten not getting anymore catches sealed the deal in the nutopia league

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
1*TLJbDmieFwFQPx4h9ohglA.jpeg

Damn even my nutopian team isn't that bad. :laughing:

Tailback U

I lost in my other league by 1 point because Detroit d got 22 points.

how a d score 22 points when the team loses 13-10?

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
6-7 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, a muff and a defensive touchdown

And it's not like 13 points is a lot to give up

Texacotea

Yahoo.standard league
I have ap/forte/l.murray as my backs. Wr are lacking because we use 3wr no flex

Should I trade ap for julio?

Tailback U

10 team ppr auction keeper league on yahoo.

I give:

Amari Cooper ($28)
Gurley ($1)

Get:

Demaryius Thomas ($52)
Joseph randle ($25)
Big Ben ($35)

Gurley is the tough piece to move as he could be a huge keeper for years to come.

Thoughts? If I do it I would have antonio brown, Demaryius and Dez as my receivers. Gore, Foster, latavius Murray at RB.

Last edited:

MSUFanatic

Just did a trade in my other 10 team ppr keeper league -

I moved

Hyde
Martavis Bryant

For

Dez
Crowell

What do you guys think? Hopefully Dez comes back 100%. I have pretty good RBs in gore, latavius, Foster and Gurley which is why I moved Dez. I also have antonio brown so I really wanted to get rid of martavis since Ben is out for a bit.

This trade you got was horrible.

Lloyd Carr

This trade you got was horrible.

uh, no

Dez is so much better than Bryant, and he already has Antonio Brown on his roster. Brown + Dez is infinitely times better than Brown + Bryant.

And his RBs are much better than Hyde or Crowell so that part of the trade is meaningless.

He made a good trade.

Lloyd Carr

@tab10

I goofed and dropped Rawls in the nutopia league, but meant to drop Stevie Johnson.

Is it possible to put Rawls back on my team and swap out Johnson, or am I just stuck with my goof?

tab10

@tab10

I goofed and dropped Rawls in the nutopia league, but meant to drop Stevie Johnson.

Is it possible to put Rawls back on my team and swap out Johnson, or am I just stuck with my goof?

@Lloyd Carr It doesn't matter to me, but I'd like to hear a few others chime in on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSUFanatic

uh, no

Dez is so much better than Bryant, and he already has Antonio Brown on his roster. Brown + Dez is infinitely times better than Brown + Bryant.

And his RBs are much better than Hyde or Crowell so that part of the trade is meaningless.

He made a good trade.

You honestly think Dez is going to come back this year? The same injury that kept Durant out all last year. If he was a QB maybe, but he is running and cutting with tremendous force on his foot. Plus the Cowboys aren't going to push him back with Romo being out and potentially not even in the hunt for a playoff spot. They are going to be very cautious protecting Dez, the asset they just paid millions. Dez might come back at the end of the year for the real playoffs assuming they are there but for fantasy purposes he is irrelevant this year.

In that case I'd much rather have a player that's going to actually play then one that isn't. I'm sure you'll quote something about Jerry Jones saying Dez will be back by Week 6 and how Dez is such a freak of athlete. Wake me up when he's actually active on gameday and producing. He just traded away a guy for potential that hasn't worked out the last couple years. Looking at you Josh Gordon.

Tailback U

You honestly think Dez is going to come back this year? The same injury that kept Durant out all last year. If he was a QB maybe, but he is running and cutting with tremendous force on his foot. Plus the Cowboys aren't going to push him back with Romo being out and potentially not even in the hunt for a playoff spot. They are going to be very cautious protecting Dez, the asset they just paid millions. Dez might come back at the end of the year for the real playoffs assuming they are there but for fantasy purposes he is irrelevant this year.

In that case I'd much rather have a player that's going to actually play then one that isn't. I'm sure you'll quote something about Jerry Jones saying Dez will be back by Week 6 and how Dez is such a freak of athlete. Wake me up when he's actually active on gameday and producing. He just traded away a guy for potential that hasn't worked out the last couple years. Looking at you Josh Gordon.

All athletes respond/recover differently. Using Kevin Durant as the rule for recovery time instead of the typical medical timeframe is kind of silly.

Small bones typically heal in about 5 weeks. He may take a few more to get up to full speed.

Either way time will tell and by the looks of it the Niners aren't going to be scoring many points anyway so Hyde won't be doing much.

Last edited:

MSUFanatic

All athletes respond/recover differently. Using Kevin Durant as the rule for recovery time instead of the typical medical timeframe is kind of silly.

Small bones typically heal in about 5 weeks. He may take a few more to get up to full speed. <- So you decided to just make your own up?

Either way time will tell and by the looks of it the Niners aren't going to be scoring many points anyway so Hyde won't be doing much.

LOLZ - ya stop.

Jones fractures commonly occur in professional athletes and operative treatment remains the standard of care in this patient population. In our clinical experience, an aggressive postoperative rehabilitation protocol for National Football League (NFL) players with an average return to play (RTP) between 8 and 10 weeks can have successful outcomes with few complications

Player positions included 8 wide receivers, 4 linebackers, 4 tight ends, 2 defensive tackles, 2 cornerbacks, 1 offensive tackle, 1 center, 1 tackle, 1 defensive end, and 1 quarterback. Seventy-six percent of players underwent operative fixation during their first 3 seasons. Forty-eight percent were diagnosed before or during their rookie (first) season.RTP was 100% for all players and 80% were still playing at time of publication. Three patients (12.0%) refractured and required revision surgery. Time until RTP was influenced by other variables and difficult to measure because many surgeries were performed early in the offseason. All 9 players who underwent surgery between July and October, and were therefore eligible to return to play in the same season, had an average RTP of 8.7 weeks (range 5.9-13.6).

source : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26353796

MSUFanatic

Small bones typically heal in about 5 weeks. He may take a few more to get up to full speed.

I also wasn't using Durant as a rule more as an indicator of someone who has had a similar injury who was also expected to make a lightning fast recovery.

Tailback U

LOLZ - ya stop.

Jones fractures commonly occur in professional athletes and operative treatment remains the standard of care in this patient population. In our clinical experience, an aggressive postoperative rehabilitation protocol for National Football League (NFL) players with an average return to play (RTP) between 8 and 10 weeks can have successful outcomes with few complications

Player positions included 8 wide receivers, 4 linebackers, 4 tight ends, 2 defensive tackles, 2 cornerbacks, 1 offensive tackle, 1 center, 1 tackle, 1 defensive end, and 1 quarterback. Seventy-six percent of players underwent operative fixation during their first 3 seasons. Forty-eight percent were diagnosed before or during their rookie (first) season.RTP was 100% for all players and 80% were still playing at time of publication. Three patients (12.0%) refractured and required revision surgery. Time until RTP was influenced by other variables and difficult to measure because many surgeries were performed early in the offseason. All 9 players who underwent surgery between July and October, and were therefore eligible to return to play in the same season, had an average RTP of 8.7 weeks (range 5.9-13.6).

source : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26353796

Thanks for finding that.

Like I said I'm not too upset even if he doesn't come back, but he will. As your study stated, the average return is 8.7 weeks, meaning he will be back by week 10-11.

Hell, Crowell doubled Hyde since I made the trade and with Big Ben out for 3-5 weeks there's no way I'm starting Antonio Brown and Martavis Bryant with Vick starting.

Foster, Gurley, Gore, Latavius Murray gives me 4 startable backs. Worth the risk, IMO.

Heisman06

The Cowboys have been dead-set on their timetable of 6 weeks. Most, including myself, are skeptical considering Dez had a bone graft. A bone graft usually indicates a timetable of 10-to-12 weeks. It's probably somewhere in the middle. I would be REELY surprised if he isn't back this season though.

Lloyd Carr

Dez will be back in time for fantasy playoffs. So long as his (tailback) current team is capable of getting him to the playoffs, the trade is worth the risk from my perspective.

Tailback U

I would rather they make sure Dez is completely healthy than rush him back only to get hurt again.

My team in that league is pretty solid so hopefully I make the playoffs.

What do you guys think if brandon cooks in ppr? I'm getting pretty annoyed with him. Wondering if I should drop him to take a chance on guys like Austin, agholor, or Dorial green beckham.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I would rather they make sure Dez is completely healthy than rush him back only to get hurt again.

My team in that league is pretty solid so hopefully I make the playoffs.

What do you guys think if brandon cooks in ppr? I'm getting pretty annoyed with him. Wondering if I should drop him to take a chance on guys like Austin, agholor, or Dorial green beckham.

NO is still chucking it over 40 times per game, and that's with Luke McCown starting a game. If I'm going to go with a WR in PPR, I'd much rather take one that's on a passing offense.

I'm a Cooks owner as well in PPR, but we've just got to ride this one out.

-YTC

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
The problem is Cooks is a downfield threat. He's a horrible PPR WR. He's not gonna get a bunch of shit when it's basically 40 screens/flat routes like they ran against Dallas.

MSUFanatic

The problem is Cooks is a downfield threat. He's a horrible PPR WR. He's not gonna get a bunch of shit when it's basically 40 screens/flat routes like they ran against Dallas.

Huh what you said is complete opposite - I'd want a PPR guy running screens and flats.

MSUFanatic

you missed the downfield point.

No I heard that but you then said "he's not going to get a bunch of shit running 40 screens/flats" which to me sounds like he is especially in a PPR league. Unless you think he just can't catch the ball or run a screen route or flat route which I find hard to believe.

I'd think that a receiver is defined more by the type of routes the player is running that what you think his talent consists of.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Sorry I should have clarified those were two statements. In the games I've seen he's not the one running those short routes to the flat. It's mostly been him running deeper routes and Brees going underneath.

MSUFanatic

Sorry I should have clarified those were two statements. In the games I've seen he's not the one running those short routes to the flat. It's mostly been him running deeper routes and Brees going underneath.

Ah gotcha ya I thought you were saying Cooks was the one running those types of routes.

S

Sink

Huh, was legitimately surprised to see I started Andre Johnson tonight. Thank you Sammy Watkins for being questionable.