• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 17

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Sissoko has always been amazing because he has the FIFA ideal of ridiculous strength and just enough speed.

chibob

Sissoko has always been amazing because he has the FIFA ideal of ridiculous strength and just enough speed.

Diaby is similar.

And I especially love Diaby because hes gangly as fuck, he just bumbles through everything. Sissoko, Ntep, Matuidi, and Diaby - super black french midfield!

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I got Renaldo, Messi, and Pogba in my packs. You guys are so unlucky.

I've never heard of my best player, Weligton, a brozilian CB. 79 ovr with a weird haircut.

chibob

Dabo is this years replacement for Diaby! 79 pace and 80 physical, plus his other stats are all solid too! Price 350 squigglies

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Disappointingly it seems my original copies of the plays I drew up are lost

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Finished my PORTUGEESE team with a sub for every position. Gonna play 14 games and then quick sell these BUMS then see what Vieriehana goes up to

With coin bonuses factored in this team should earn about $20k from their contracts (assuming $1,400 per game) and then quick selling 21 of them should be worth about $6,500 or so. Then I'll buy another shit squad for <$7k, rinse repeat with enough left over to buy an IF.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=Y8vUPB0NnMiZh:FFA17PS4

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I want a soccer game. PES is still using their last-gen engine for some goddamn reason, so I guess it's FIFA or nothing.

I had a lot of fun with the my player mode in FIFA 14 or 15.

Can someone just tell me whether that's still in the game? I see a lot of stuff about this Journey bullshit that makes you play as a specific player in the EPL. I don't want that spike lee joint bullshit, I just want to create my own player and work up.

Did they replace that mode with this new one or is it still there somewhere?

GuyIncognito

Oh IDK, I haven't played in a couple years. I know you have to do the story but I thought you still had some control over who the player was.

Anyway, it does seem like the regular non-Spike Lee mode is still in the game:

NML

Got Morata, Musa, and Amrabat in my loyalty packs. Should net me around 12k, probably around 15k with all the other stuff quick sold too.

I'll probably hold off on buying a team until just before release time. See if I can't make a bit more buying and reselling between now and then.

chibob

Got Morata, Musa, and Amrabat in my loyalty packs. Should net me around 12k, probably around 15k with all the other stuff quick sold too.

I'll probably hold off on buying a team until just before release time. See if I can't make a bit more buying and reselling between now and then.

Pretty good packs there.

chibob

I want a soccer game. PES is still using their last-gen engine for some goddamn reason, so I guess it's FIFA or nothing.

I had a lot of fun with the my player mode in FIFA 14 or 15.

Can someone just tell me whether that's still in the game? I see a lot of stuff about this Journey bullshit that makes you play as a specific player in the EPL. I don't want that spike lee joint bullshit, I just want to create my own player and work up.

Did they replace that mode with this new one or is it still there somewhere?

Yeh the usual create a pro mode still exists.

chibob

Thanks. It's weird that they'd add all this new Journey stuff and then not just merge the create a pro into that.

My assumption is that the Journey is inspired by what 2k have done.

Also I assume that if you want, once the Journey ends, you will be able to continue it in the old mode.

Iv read that the Journey is 2-3 season long max.

My expectations will be that it will suck. It feels like its being poorly executed. They're focusing on the sizzle and not the substance. Theyve done loads of motion capture stuff and cut scenes, and got voice actors in etc but apparently the mode is really linear. You join a Premier club, and I think youre limited to like 6 and then even if you perform to the best of your ability your team buys Harry Kane (or other players dependent on your position, James, Martial etc.) and you get sent to one of three championship clubs on loan. You play your way back up and then you get a call up to the England squad just in time for the World Cup. After that its done.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
2K had you create your own guy/position and then you ran through the story mode as your guy (Which is great when you look like Steven Adams and you have a 'twin' black sister and live in Harlem.) They just gave you a stupid nickname you couldnt get away from (although you could change your commentary nickname in-game). Rest in Power @sayo

Once you got passed the mini-movie then it was career mode as usual starring your guy.

sayo

YEET
I laughed when Vic died. Fuck that guy. Story this year is so much better with Michael B Jordan as your sidekick on and off the court.

GuyIncognito

2K had you create your own guy/position and then you ran through the story mode as your guy (Which is great when you look like Steven Adams and you have a 'twin' black sister and live in Harlem.) They just gave you a stupid nickname you couldnt get away from (although you could change your commentary nickname in-game). Rest in Power @sayo

Once you got passed the mini-movie then it was career mode as usual starring your guy.

That's what I thought. Makes a lot more sense that way.

chibob

They should really put more effort into commentary and pronouncing names, in like all games!

Personally never found a game that pronounces my surname - how hard could it be?!

GuyIncognito

Back in Deion Sanders Prime Time Football on Genesis I mashed buttons at the player creation screen and ended up with Crubald Potter. Been my sports game avatar ever since, and, weirdly enough, it really does bother me when games don't let me change the name.

Fuck Alex Hunter.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
They should really put more effort into commentary and pronouncing names, in like all games!

Personally never found a game that pronounces my surname - how hard could it be?!
I have the same name as a dude whos been in the Championship for years and if they arent gonna put his/my name in there, they arent gonna put CHEE-bob in.

chibob

I have the same name as a dude whos been in the Championship for years and if they arent gonna put his/my name in there, they arent gonna put CHEE-bob in.

Which guy?

And its lever, which is a pretty common name in the UK. Pretty sure theres a Chris Lever who plays for Telford.

Last edited:

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
It's bullshit you can't change the controller layout in the PES demo, since it's so different from FIFA. Hard to evaluate them with different layouts and you get 2 guys sent off in 10 minutes with a circle challenge, which is a diving tackle in PES by default. All in all, I feel like FIFA has caught PES in a certain way, although you can still steam down the wings with abandon using knock-ons and cut in for easy crosses. Menus in PES are much better than in years past.

The PES engine is only last-gen on PC, FYI

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The customization kind of made 2k16 worse since that had this really strict storyline.

chibob

@Travis7401 I cant even comprehend their method. I mean, does it work or are they just all inflating the market themselves? The guy who posts seems to be running a pyramid scheme on guaranteeing anything he invests in gets bought up.

I dont know, its seems like complete fuckery to me.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Speculation on future IFs is something a lot of people do. I don't keep up enough with actual soccer to do that. That being said, I think the real beauty of his system is that he's got followers buying those players that he probably already bot a ton of :laughing: That's the same way investment advice works in reel life, IMO. If they telling you to BUY BUY BUY it is only so they can sell their own shares off.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If you happen to have any of the players who perform well that week, it is definitely a great time to sell while all these trogs inflate them, lol

chibob

Speculation on future IFs is something a lot of people do. I don't keep up enough with actual soccer to do that. That being said, I think the real beauty of his system is that he's got followers buying those players that he probably already bot a ton of :laughing: That's the same way investment advice works in reel life, IMO. If they telling you to BUY BUY BUY it is only so they can sell their own shares off.

Yeh it just seems odd to me.

Like just because Mane scored in RL doesnt make his card any better unless you go out and buy the IF.

And yeh I agree with what youre saying, that d-bag will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Might be worth following buying up some of the cheaper players on a Friday and then waiting for these sheep-le to buy them up at inflated prices after.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The idea is that if a player gets an IF card, their normal cards are not in packs that week. That means there will be low supply and high demand for the normal version of a player who gets an IF, especially in the first few weeks

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You can still GET a normal card if someone is selling, they just aren't in packs that week (thus reducing the supply)

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
yep, and that's a waste anyway. You'd be better off just buying FIFA points and getting packs all up front while values are still inflated.